Merekin

Server.exe closing right after start

Question

I'm new here in the community and am trying to use Hercules for the first time. After i installed mysql, downloaded Hercules and everything else i tried to compile the servers, but when i try to run then they open for about 2 seconds and then auto-close. It's hard to even take a snapshot, but here is what i got with some effort.
I'm pretty sure i configured everything right in the database and conf files, so i don't have a clue to whats going on here.

Screenshot_392.png.4feec04087aee17d985559fb123004ad.pngScreenshot_393.png.b225bd79786886d792d105413a98176e.png
Some help would highly be appreciated

12 answers to this question

Hi,

to make better screenshots use the windows commandline and simply start the servers one by one in separate windows manually and let them run.
Also make sure to provide screenshots for all 3 servers not just login.

this error is simple.

you running your exe not in hercules directory.

it MUST be where all files located and not any other dirs like you did. Probably this is issue in your visual studio project configuration.

I wasn't getting anything on the logs before but now i saw this:

(06/19/2018 17:06:46) [ SQL Error ] : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

But i just downloaded the latest MySQL. What am i doing wrong here?

Yeah... Didn't thought about that Winterfox, thanks.

Here are some better screenshots.
login-server
Screenshot_394.png.e9282faaa7e81b9d10c6f76f754df187.png
Char-server                                                                                                             Map-server
Screenshot_395.png.22e4d41b221594828f7294e8fdc45692.pngScreenshot_396.png.151e7afa4dce04da5eb7c52092d8300e.png

The compiled server is where it was created, in the "Hercules" folder. The same goes for my conf folder. I noticed that the map-server can't even find the scripts_main.conf in the npc folder.
I am using a copy of the Hercules folder that i made from the one from git-hub, can it be the problem?

I'm using VS 17 on W10. it needed some changes to compile the servers.
'll try compiling without redirecting the solutions and test again.

Edited by Merekin

Winterfox, my VS was lacking the 14v toolkit, but that wasn't the problem. My servers.exe still can't find the conf files. Does someone know what can be causing this problem? every file is in the conf file in the Hercules folder, as it should be. i literally have no clue...
edit: I even checked the source code to be sure.
Screenshot_398.png.d82d53b7b9dc475ae4c8f4e666c7333e.pngScreenshot_399.png.cf8ff457ea5bd64e0f4e9fc7f82f1f80.png

Edited by Merekin

Yes 4144 i was doing a rookie mistake, sorry. Actually the problem is this:
Edit: It was a problem in my MySQL server. i reinstalled it and the problem was solved. Thanks for you help and patience.

: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Edited by Merekin
Fixed the problem