joko013

Ragexe not opening/starting

Question

Hi,

I am trying to set up a local Hercules server. I have gone through guides on how to setup the server and that seems to be working OK but now when trying to setup the client, I am having issues. I am running Windows 10 btw.

I followed and tried several guides (e.g. this this one) and I cannot seem to get the client working.

I downloaded the kRO Client, patched it if possible, tried several RagExes (picking the "stable ones", always diffing them with nemo with the suggested options), added the version of ragexe to src/common/mmo.h, added the patched ragexe to the client, added english translations to data folder, created a grf from that new data folder, changed DATA.ini to use the new grf file. All as the guides say but when I run the patched ragexe, it doesn't open/start up anything, it only shows in task manager and it is using about 60 MB of memory, not doing anything.

Do you guys have an idea where I could be doing sth wrong? Or do you have a 

Thanks for any help.

edit: right now, I am using 2013-08-07aRagexe_patched and Official kRO Client (Last Update 2017-07-05).

Edited by joko013

4 answers to this question

i had this problem when i was trying to pick which client to use and how to diff edit it with nemo or whatever. 

Im using client 2014-02-05b and it works good... i went through many clients and many didnt work at all