Sign in to follow this  
banhelba2019

Adding third skills to 2nd tab

Question

jobtabs.png

When trying to add third job skills to the trans/2nd skill tree it just makes a spot in the third tab 

When you add third jobs through items the skills still get added to your ETC tab

And when you try to add a trans/second skill to a third job it just adds it to the 2nd tab too. 

I would like to get them in my 2nd tab

Any ideas? 

Edited by lllaaazzz

8 answers to this question

6 hours ago, utofaery said:

Have you search through this file already ??

Ragnarok\data\luafiles514\lua files\skillinfoskilltreeview.lub  << this is the reason if it's not the server doing it.

skillinfo_f.lub << and this is the script from the client doing the showing skill position << check it out...

The reason I suggest you to go through the links is because it would be easier to add new skill lol.

Skill are unique stuff not like mob can be avail'ed although hercules I have not found item_avail.txt.

Yeah looks like ill need to go through skillinfo_f.lub thats probably the only reasonable place left to look :otl:

Yeah but im trying to do something not RO related, and i wanna fit 3rd jobs into the 1/2nd tree, but it just refuses to go in those slots as the 1/2/trans skills refuse to fit in the 3rd slots (skilltreeview if u add ignition break to lord knight and switch to lord knight, you will still get a blank 3rd tab with ignition in the place you wanted it to be in the 2nd slot) 

Because. .. Sure i can add another skill but theres very little point when you can barely get special effects to look good on it, i can use specialeffect function but theres no point when i can just edit the existing skills the give the illusion of real skills instead of my work around of making damage DoT with misc damage 1, could do that but aoe skills are still wonky and cast on all targets, so even if i just use the BF_MAGIC function and just call ignition break, its still broken cause it casts on every target + it wont even cast if mobs arent in my vicinity so that just makes it look really ugly. . . so thats why im trying to edit an existing skill. rather then just making a new skill that does the same thing.

specialeffects works rather well with non damaging skills though

But if daddy cant fix this ill just have to use tab 1 + etc and go with plan d)

Edited by lllaaazzz

1 hour ago, lllaaazzz said:

Because. .. Sure i can add another skill but theres very little point when you can barely get special effects to look good on it, i can use specialeffect function but theres no point when i can just edit the existing skills the give the illusion of real skills instead of my work around of making damage DoT with misc damage 1, could do that but aoe skills are still wonky and cast on all targets, so even if i just use the BF_MAGIC function and just call ignition break, its still broken cause it casts on every target + it wont even cast if mobs arent in my vicinity so that just makes it look really ugly. . . so thats why im trying to edit an existing skill. rather then just making a new skill that does the same thing.

specialeffects works rather well with non damaging skills though

But if daddy cant fix this ill just have to use tab 1 + etc and go with plan d)

In the ancient age where everyone is still crawling around "eathena" which died out already, 

I ask a question, can we get something like Skill_avail.txt just like mob_avail.txt?

and no answer or it's too complicated to do...

I guess it's hard since skill are tied to source or what's not then..

2. I see 2 way you could go from where you are right now.

It would do you good if you would choose "plan D", since this "Plan C" of yours are currently dying.

But if you do insist use custom skill way to implement it downside are you gonna have to do your own graphic for the "custom skill" (really cool sprite to showoff somehow)

2 hours ago, utofaery said:

In the ancient age where everyone is still crawling around "eathena" which died out already, 

I ask a question, can we get something like Skill_avail.txt just like mob_avail.txt?

and no answer or it's too complicated to do...

I guess it's hard since skill are tied to source or what's not then..

2. I see 2 way you could go from where you are right now.

It would do you good if you would choose "plan D", since this "Plan C" of yours are currently dying.

But if you do insist use custom skill way to implement it downside are you gonna have to do your own graphic for the "custom skill" (really cool sprite to showoff somehow)

Plan D is skipping all my problems and not looking anymore lmao

Still waiting for daddy to tell me its impossible 

also to your 1)

yeah i think its too hard to manage that easily. . . 

Ive been doing this

skill->attack(BF_MISC, src, src, bl, RK_IGNITIONBREAK, skill_lv, tick, dist);	

Among other things, and sure i can write something nice but its really shitty

Which leads back to my problem of why cant i fit these 3rd skills in my trans/2nd/1st tab

lmao ive been sitting here for like 6 months i went and did other things and all i needed to do was update my client from 2015 to 2019 . . . 

epic sigh man

luckily i stopped trying to incorporate this when i did , so useless why wouldnt anyone tell me 

Edited by lllaaazzz

Have you search through this file already ??

Ragnarok\data\luafiles514\lua files\skillinfoskilltreeview.lub  << this is the reason if it's not the server doing it.

skillinfo_f.lub << and this is the script from the client doing the showing skill position << check it out...

9 hours ago, utofaery said:

Hercules\db\re\skill_tree.conf

Follow through this and test again:

https://herc.ws/wiki/Adding_new_skills

The reason I suggest you to go through the links is because it would be easier to add new skill lol.

Skill are unique stuff not like mob can be avail'ed although hercules I have not found item_avail.txt.