Smoke

The Horizon Project

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So for the last year I've been on and off working on a new project called Horizon. It is an entirely new RO emulator based in C++ and is very new, so go easy on the criticism. eA has come a long way, and may be there forever but I think its time to give RO emulation some new wings. You can read more about it here.

good luck but honestly would have preferred you finished your control panel project. that was rather disappointing.

@Myriad It is in a good state to be usable. It will be out soon as well.

Its cool stuff. I definitely wish for this to be completed to the point where it is as usable as hercules or rA.
I do think herc or rA are poorly handled and a lot of the code is a hot mess where most developers dont know where is what anymore.
There are also a lot of restrictions on server side, which is a shame. I do hope you can solve all of those and make a great Server Emulation Software, I would definitely be in on this if I knew C in any form or shape!

But in the end we are limited by the client and our limited access to modifying it. There is so much potential in the game, but we cannot access it due to client limitations and a lot of nonsense being hard coded instead of LUA handled.

Seems nice, lets hope that its not a dead project, I kinda not support the proyect going lua, but.. I guess its okay, that is a big-down if you know what I mean, most people are used to the simple *Athena style