Mystery

Midgard-Community

It's refreshing to see how much work you're putting into this, wish you the best of luck!

Thank you very much! Hopefully others enjoy it as well! 

I would like to present everyone with a New and Improved Mobile Responsive site.

Important aspects of this design and its purpose, but mainly because this new and improved design is based on the fundamental principles of: Simplicity, Elegant, Purposeful, and Minimalist.

Topic - Homepage

New and Improved – Mobile Responsive

mronew.png?resize=640%2C117

I would like to present everyone with a New and Improved – Mobile Responsive site. It has taken me quite some time to piece together this new design and its improvements. The site has been redesigned from the front to the backend, top to bottom. I would like to key the important aspects of this design and its purpose, but mainly because this new and improved design is based on the fundamental principles of: SimplicityElegantPurposeful, and Minimalist.

It’s important to note that although the site has been polished, features have stayed intact but have been tweaked a bit to further reflect the design aspect. Midgard is re-introducing its Event Calendar feature. Server owners now have the chance to create / delete events on selected dates and server players (once check off the box ‘Receive Events from this Server?’ after reviewing a server) will also get a calendar on their account page listing upcoming events for the server(s) they reviewed.

Why go with this Design?

The minimalism aspect of the site was a tough one as there was a struggle with a question – How do I achieve this new minimalism? Well, design better. No seriously, the days of poorly executed web sites and apps are over (unless you don’t care about success). No more can you simply just throw together an idea and wait for the Brink’s truck to roll up in your driveway. You need to design a more purposeful, more effective, more useful and more timely web site if you want it to succeed.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-09-at-6.19.39-PM-e1440379940768.png?resize=640%2C360

Making Midgard Community Useful

A lot of thought has been put into the design as to how users will actually use the site. When designing, instead of putting up hurdles and stumbling blocks for the user,  the design comes with an easy, clear path. Users are able to quickly interact with the site and get where they need to go in one glance. Users who stumble a bit, the site is ready to catch them and plop them right back on the path. This design provides polite and direct feedback whenever the user interacts with a button, a form or even a slide show.

Kafras don’t waste time bringing Information

With Mobile Responsive being a key aspect of this design, mobile devices are minimalist creatures by nature and users will be able to consume more with less. This design removes all the extra stuff that is not necessary to the overall goals of the site so that users don’t get lost in the world of midgard. Minimalism is not just being simple or plain, minimalism is a movement of presenting elements in their fundamental purpose, mobile is a movement of consuming content in its fundamental form.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-23-at-9.50.57-PM.png?resize=640%2C94

Midgard is built on Bootstrap

Bootstrap is the number one source you go to for making mobile responsive designs. Using Boostrap, we now utilize the two most popular CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass.

One Framework, every Device

Bootstrap easily and efficiently scales your websites and applications with a single code base, from phones to tablets to desktops with CSS media queries.

Full of Features

With Bootstrap, you get extensive and beautiful documentation for common HTML elements, dozens of custom HTML and CSS components, and awesome jQuery plugins.

3285325688.png?fit=300%2C183

Building onto Bootstrap, Midgard successfully utilizes HTML5 and CSS3. HTML5 and CSS3 are the newest web languages designed to help create elegant and efficient websites easily. HTML5 elements are related to page structure, while CSS3 is concerned with presentation.

HTML 5

HTML 5 is the next major version of HTML. It introduces a bunch of new elements that will make our pages more semantic. This will make it a lot easier for search engines and screenreaders to navigate our pages, and improve the web experience for everyone. In addition, HTML 5 will also include fancy APIs for drawing graphics on screen, storing data offline, dragging and dropping, and a lot more.

CSS3 

CSS3 features are actually a component of the new HTML5 umbrella, and not a separate entity. The improvements introduced by CSS3 make changes easier and more convenient. It splits development up into modules while simplifying the integration and maintenance of a website.

It also incorporates some exciting new features to further improve the visual appeal and empower the functionality of a website. It offers new classes, selectors and properties, making it easy to set up an aesthetically pleasing layout very quickly. The idea is to continue reducing clutter while encouraging visitors to spend time enjoying the website.

775533909.jpg?resize=150%2C150

Ever since we introduced Mobile Responsiveness to Midgard Community's homepage, many users have taken advantage of going mobile and taking MC with them. Here are two pictures of statistics:

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 4.39.51 PM.png

In this picture, we can see that many people were sticking to Desktop modes to view Midgard Community prior to introducing Mobile Responsiveness.

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 4.38.09 PM.png

In this picture we can see many users are now shifting and using mobile devices and taking advantage of MC's new mobile responsive.

Awesome. So, when's the Andriod/iPhone app coming? Would love to just open up a dedicated app. For now the website shall suffice.

Still really in debate mode. Like, as to what things should even be in the app... how the app should work, etc. =/

Awesome. So, when's the Andriod/iPhone app coming? Would love to just open up a dedicated app. For now the website shall suffice.

Still really in debate mode. Like, as to what things should even be in the app... how the app should work, etc. =/

Where i can download github like rathena and hercules sir ?

Where i can download github like rathena and hercules sir ?

here you can find all infos

http://herc.ws/board/topic/152-obtaining-hercules/

IMO the app should function as a quick and easy way to access RO item/mob database, nothing more, nothing less.

Simply opens up to a small splash page of Midgard Community that displays for about 2seconds, then they just have 2 blank search bars.

1 for Item Search, and the other for Monster Search.

Seems about the easiest, and cleanest way to do this. I honestly don't feel the app should have a loaded kit of features, when this is about all it'll be needed/used for. But again, just my opinion.

Keep up the good work.

IMO the app should function as a quick and easy way to access RO item/mob database, nothing more, nothing less.

Simply opens up to a small splash page of Midgard Community that displays for about 2seconds, then they just have 2 blank search bars.

Seems about the easiest, and cleanest way to do this. I honestly don't feel the app should have a loaded kit of features, when this is about all it'll be needed/used for. But again, just my opinion.

Keep up the good work.

True but then there leaves the questions: Will the app be useful? Will people use it? 

Keep up the good work.

True but then there leaves the questions: Will the app be useful? Will people use it? 
Not that much...

If you see no returns. Put little ads, to get some return

That is an important question. Didn't think of that. Either way, this site has come along way. And if I ever get off my but and make a server again, it'll be listed there.

Small update:

To get into the Halloween spirit, MC's homepage has gotten a Halloween Theme! It'll stay until November 1st, so enjoy!

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 4.27.13 PM.png

We'll be having a immediate scheduled maintenance on our sites. Our main domain: www.midgard-community.com will be down for up to 48 hours or so. We'll be down starting in an hour or less. For temporary use, we have a domain www.ragnarok-servers.com that has MC up.

We are moving servers for better speed and performance. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause!

Today I'm bringing over Discord to Midgard Community! Discord is a wonderful all-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. There is no need to download it on your computer of phone if you don't want to - it works over your browser!

Discord offers a free mobile app to chat while on the go. I find it a little bit better than Skype. It provides a lot of integrations that will be beneficial for myself and users.

I have plans in the future to integrate notifications for latest server listings, API fetching from our database, and more!

You can visit and join Midgard Community's channel by visiting this link: https://discord.gg/0XUVOkY4khKmQUim ! Hope to see you in the channel!

Our forums are back up and running smoothly! http://www.board.midgard-community.com Since our various moves, the forums became sort of finicky with our current service... I then had to get a new service... and here it is back up and running!

The forums are back up with all the customs people have uploaded into the forums. I personally would like the forums to become the next RUNE or even TSR. Hopefully it happens with people's support!

Just like to post this to mention to everyone who has registered at our boards ! Our community is growing quite large day by day with some awesome contributions of downloadable content! We currently have 150+ files ready to download  http://www.board.midgard-community.com/files/ ! Hope to see more in the future :D

I've been working on a Script Repository as an addition to Midgard Community; alongside our downloads system. The concept of this Script Repository, for the most part, would run like a Pastebin.In the future, it will end up becoming a combination of pastebin and a wiki combined for holding publicly viewable (and editable) scripts. The combination goal would be to allow a group of people have access to modifying the script repository (along with the original authors). 

You can view more about it here: http://www.board.midgard-community.com/script-repository/

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 5.59.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 5.59.23 PM.png

Hi everyone! Just another thing I've implemented towards our Script Repository. Before I start off, I would like to thank those who've already contributed to our Script Repository by posting snippets of source changes, algorithms, event npcs, etc.! 

I put in place just another preventive measure for guests. Instead of allowing guest users to view snippets and take whatever they want, they are no longer available to view snippets until their either login or create an account.

mapZDpK.jpg

pre-renewal-ragnarok-database.png.d5ba52

Introducing - Pre-Renewal Database

I've been working constantly on this pre-renewal database. The idea behind this database is to cater to the Pre-Renewal users. The only thing that will be Renewal in this database is when you use the Skill Search, you will be getting the Third Job Skills as well. I believe those who are still in love with Pre-Renewal might want a database just based on that, pre-renewal and not renewal. There is really no point on this database being both Pre-Renewal and Renewal when really, Divine-Pride has Renewal covered.

Please keep in mind that this database is still in BETA mode. When browsing the database, there could be some bugs you encounter. The database is still going through some design changes so don't freight if you see something out of place.

Features

• Database is integrated - connected to the forums & homepage.
  • Items and Monster Database
    • Separated by Episodes
  • Spawns & Maps Database
    • Separated by Episodes
  • Skill Search
  • NPC Search (including their map location, name, NPC ID, etc.)
  • Various Calculators (EDP, Cooking, Refiner, etc.)
  • Different Databases (i.e. Potions, Arrows, Converters, Elements, etc.)
  • Sprite Viewer
  • and more!