Neo-Mind

[Release] Custom Job & Custom Shield Patches

This is more awesome then I imagined it would be! It is a long read but after I sleep (since I haven't) I am going to attempt to test this out ^_^ 

+1 this if you think its awesome~  :ph34r: 

Booo! JK!

Well a few people know i have been working on these. So here goes.

/me is one of them

still reviewing and trying to extract what this topic says

i wish you can add the screenshot you gave me with the priest look a like job with wing ~

anyway

great job~ with posting the topic :P

simply AWESOME!

but... i tried to use it with regexe 2013 06 05.... and have problems with the shields diff
so only check te custom jobs diff... and have this message: "ReqPCPath call a nill value"
 :(

These patches need seperate lua files that i have provided in the repository link. did you get them as well?

I got busy with some of the xdiff bug fixes (official ones) so it got delayed but I am making a video tutorial to explain things better.

i don't know how, but the problem with te custom jobs was solved when i change the exe

but still have problems when i check the custom shield diff,
it appears when click "patch" in the
xDiffPatcher and close it
(is not a lua problem, i think is on the diff ._.). here are a screenshot

Edited by Reaper_san

it's easy to do
but the error appears even if i don't mix the diff files

using only your file, i still have errors with the custom shield diff.
(help me plz, and i share my custom files with you, for some features :P... because i don't know how to do diff files ._.)

PD: do you understand my english? jajajajaa
(because i speak 100% spanish, and 90% english >_< )

Edited by Reaper_san

the error you showed me i think happened because you merged the two xdiff files,

mine uses ids from 0 onwards which is also used by another patch in the other one which is probably why u caught the error.

What error are you getting using it seperately.

the error you showed me i think happened because you merged the two xdiff files,

mine uses ids from 0 onwards which is also used by another patch in the other one which is probably why u caught the error.

i got the same error :(

which ragexe may i use??

i think it is the problem, the other error with custom jobs disappear when i use another ragexe (up 2013-07)

thx

i got the same error :(

which ragexe may i use??

i think it is the problem, the other error with custom jobs disappear when i use another ragexe (up 2013-07)

thx

hmm strange alright ill double check it today.

Anyways i have been bit lazy with making a guide to use this (partially because i wanted it to also include what you need for server side to add custom jobs - wiki is bit outdated).

Neomind: Does your patch for custom job and shield support the login screen window and cancel button? :P

It should, since one doesn't interfere with the code of the other.

NeoMind

i´m using "XVI32" program to make my own custom hex mods
because i don't know how to make a xdif file xD
if I knew, i think can fix the problem by myself
and help you

where i can learn how to do it?
(i want to release my customs too, like you :P )

Edited by Reaper_san

Error. I am using 20130807 client

Can't apply the patch

Exception Source:      mscorlibException Type:        System.IO.EndOfStreamExceptionException Message:     Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.Exception Target Site: ReadByte   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()   at xDiffPatcher.DiffFile.ApplyPatch(DiffPatch patch, Byte[]& buf, BinaryReader r)   at xDiffPatcher.DiffFile.Patch(String inputFile, String fileName)   at xDiffPatcher.frmMain.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)Additional info:Diff File: 2013-08-07aRagexe.xdiffPatches:[x] Enable Custom Jobs[x] Enable Custom Shields

Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

Just a Guess:

xDiff file (That only occurs with Custom Shield) contains few inexistent byte offset (Beyond the end of executable). Then, the parser can't read and throw that error.

"Pure" 2013 - 07 - 31c

screenshot_1103.png

Last byte offset: 6477A0

First "Strange" offset: 647e96

Correct me if i'm wrong. 

Edited by Chiron