Sign in to follow this  
xeNium

Hercules vs rAthena

Which is better? Hercules or rAthena?

is Hercules had all of Renewal features, like rAthena had? I mean this project already had all of the Ragnarok features, it just need to be improved, like more script that requested from users.

I was a server developer but I leave Ragnarok for a years so I forgot players mostly like Renewal or Pra-Renewal or does not has renewal features at all on a Low Rate servers (I don't know how to mention the name)

Edited by xeNium

In my opinion..

Hercules = Better Renewal Formulas and Calculation. Does not have some Renewal Stuff and contents.

rAthena = Better in Renewal Stuff and Contents. Lack of Renewal Formulas.

I use hercules and don't regret since it consumes less memory, so the initial reading of the emulator is faster. There are also systems in hercules which are of own official server.

In rathena only good content I see are the npcs and database.

In hercules many new features are coming, I'm hoping to get some time ind to give you some information of the aegis systems, so hercules getting practically right next aegis mechanics missing only part of skills.

Hi xeNium,

Hercules has a nifty plugin feature, read up about it. But I really wish one of them would work on support for multiple cores; though performance-wise, Hercules has done awesome.

Well, if you're on this forum, you say, "Hercules is the best"!!! But when your on rAthena, you've to change that into, "rAthena, you're my bestfiend in the whole wide world."

Edited by Daikumi

What jaBote wrote, I must say is the most informative post I've seen in a while about a comparison between rAthena and Hercules.

That is no joke, great comparison jaBote ! 

In my opinion... Hercules is The Future of Ragnarok Online Emulation plain and simple. Both emulation projects have their merits and share a certain amount of common sense commits but I see Hercules becoming the go to option in the very near future, we lack some things yes, but the entire concept of Hercules is to push the boundaries of what has always been accepted by other communities as "possible". Hercules will be virtually limitless and radically more flexible than its predecessors.  :ph34r:

This topic should be deleted or archived in reference to this: http://herc.ws/board/topic/799-rathena-devsstaffmembers-on-hercules/

I dont believe you interpreted the context of Jman's post fully

This topic wasn't   " rAthena is better than Hercules because x, y,z. "

nor was this topic  " Hercules is better than rAthena because x, y, z."

What I have seen thus far have been fair assessments of the differences

between the two projects in regards to the pros and cons of both & not as

a direct post on the issue but in response to a question in need of a proper

answer by a fellow community member.

Ex;  "rAthena is good because x,y,z."  &  "Hercules is good because of z,y,x."

"Hercules however lacks x,y,z."   &  "rAthena however lacks z,y,x."

However I do see potential drama, closing the topic is not necessary however

marking it answered and locking it would do just fine, if any action is needed.  ;)

This *could cause potential drama between rAthena and Hercules members, thus I should close it just incase it *may get out of hand. jaBote's post has clearly stated what the topic owner wanted.

This topic is not meant to be a hatred topic towards rAthena nor a blinded love for Hercules. This topic is just merely stating the Pros and Cons between both Hercules and rAthena. Based on such Pros and Cons, members of both communities should make their decision whether they'll use Hercules or rAthena as a preference for their server.