Poison

Anyone heard from Harmony yet?

Their contact page is now up from a long sleep ever since summer.

I and maybe some other people have been waiting for more than 72 hours and still no response from Harmony.

Anyone have an idea where the contact person is? Or any alternative game guard software?

Harmony start to be a big piece of shit!

Why?

• do not protect against openkore & visual bots
  • do not encrypt their traffic correctly
  • do not work with WinAPI to prevent memory injections (i talking about primitive ways to inject cheat software source code to application)
  • do not have any simple VirutalKeyboard or key hashing to prohibite autoclickerse (like in another differense games)

Harmony it's:

• stupid AES (not diffi-helmann!)
  • it's injected .bin application what encrypt "traffic" (they think they encrypt it);
  • it's only protect against "knowed" cheats by their names (like  Romedic/Ahk)
  • It's have a lot of difference configurations, and tons of hellcode only for looks like "pro-security"
  • ALL NOT IDIOT gm's can make the same features for free with free software finded around the internet + some simple coding to detect "knowed" cheat software & apply good encryption algrorythm.
  • It's say's they check nodelay, but it's wrong, any modern software cheats (google!!!) work very good with harmony.
  • Modern cheats using .exe diffing/modernization to make nodelay, to spam packets, to hide some objects/sprites in game & effects from spells etc.

So result is next: Sirius_White is bad guy, who get 200$ for nothing, with shitty support, and big downtimes.

Sorry, but the real price of this hackshield depends on features what they are provide around 50$ (20$ for books to learn WinAPI & Programming language + 30$ get access to private hack forum where writed tactics & easy methods to hack applications + how to defence it) + your own time (around week/month (depends on your skill))

Thank you! That is true! I can give many screenshots proofs if someone want it.

Edited by neqste

neqste is correct. on the current version of harmony lots of hacks are still usable. specially for the no delay hacks. and luck of support from the developer. until now they don't have any updates. and no more news from the developer. he is not active on his own forum. his last visit is Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:44 am

So, could anyone of you point us to any alternate resources that cover Harmony in part or in whole?

I'm sure most private server admins would be glad of having free alternatives to this and it'll be much better for anyone.

So, could anyone of you point us to any alternate resources that cover Harmony in part or in whole?

I'm sure most private server admins would be glad of having free alternatives to this and it'll be much better for anyone.

I see only one alternative - it's make server-side security by delays for each feature:

• item usage (potions/gears) & switching delays
  • Skill usage hard delays depens on the animation & aspd & other parameters.
  • Packet Encryption to protect against simple Bots like openkore.

Server side protection by delays & etc, it's 80% against all cheats. The main sense it's make cheat software unusable.

Client side is very hard to protect, and that is very dangerous and take a lot of time & money. 

Protection for client must be next:

• unique algorythm to check current version, size, signatures of the game .exe; Default hash-cheking feature can be bypassed by simple re-sending packet what contain inself a information about hash of the client. That mean, you can protect your .exe against any injections, but someone will make the same clear .exe and will make hash-sums spoofing (fake sending packet from 3rd party application about "real" .exe), and he will use clear .exe + will send to the server hash-sums of the original exe and he will use any cheat software what he want to use. That is very sad. (i know many exaples of that)
  • Rewrite WinApi Hooks to make system-calls to the worked process (application) not real, or to ignore our application. But it's takes a lot of money & time & admin skill. So that mean it's very hard to realease + that is very unstable, because this emulation can be bypassed by disabling or freezing extra dll for exe what contain  this functions, or some antivirus or another application will be always give a crash for Ragnarok .exe;
  • Write or apply (i already saw many ways (with sources) windows driver with official signature from Windows to make imposible to unload this driver from system when process is running + some self-protection functions & checks to check is security dll/exe are work or nope, freezed or nope, hided or nope, etc. But this method is very bad, because many people on this planet using pirate software (around 90% in the world), and each operation system from Windows Family have different configurations, pre-installed software, etc. So there is a big risk to get system unusable.
  • GRF Encryption - that can any GM, it's free and easy to make for each server.

This is not full information, just a very small part, but the main sense of my message: need to make a server-side protection on the delay part to make unusable any spamming & in game world hacking.

Hercules is now WPE FREE that is better than harmony

i already very easy defeated 'wpe free' on official kRO server,

and now the simple crappy algorithm is public in our source code.

its not even the slightest bit a decent protection.

heck, even openkore bRO can already bot against it.

Internatl guard is one alternative its free but due to last update of kaju the internal guard disappear :( 

I see only one alternative - it's make server-side security by delays for each feature:

• item usage (potions/gears) & switching delays
  • Skill usage hard delays depens on the animation & aspd & other parameters.
  • Packet Encryption to protect against simple Bots like openkore.

Server side protection by delays & etc, it's 80% against all cheats. The main sense it's make cheat software unusable.

Client side is very hard to protect, and that is very dangerous and take a lot of time & money. 

Protection for client must be next:

• unique algorythm to check current version, size, signatures of the game .exe; Default hash-cheking feature can be bypassed by simple re-sending packet what contain inself a information about hash of the client. That mean, you can protect your .exe against any injections, but someone will make the same clear .exe and will make hash-sums spoofing (fake sending packet from 3rd party application about "real" .exe), and he will use clear .exe + will send to the server hash-sums of the original exe and he will use any cheat software what he want to use. That is very sad. (i know many exaples of that)
  • Rewrite WinApi Hooks to make system-calls to the worked process (application) not real, or to ignore our application. But it's takes a lot of money & time & admin skill. So that mean it's very hard to realease + that is very unstable, because this emulation can be bypassed by disabling or freezing extra dll for exe what contain  this functions, or some antivirus or another application will be always give a crash for Ragnarok .exe;
  • Write or apply (i already saw many ways (with sources) windows driver with official signature from Windows to make imposible to unload this driver from system when process is running + some self-protection functions & checks to check is security dll/exe are work or nope, freezed or nope, hided or nope, etc. But this method is very bad, because many people on this planet using pirate software (around 90% in the world), and each operation system from Windows Family have different configurations, pre-installed software, etc. So there is a big risk to get system unusable.
  • GRF Encryption - that can any GM, it's free and easy to make for each server.

This is not full information, just a very small part, but the main sense of my message: need to make a server-side protection on the delay part to make unusable any spamming & in game world hacking.

* dump ragexe Client create new one from scratch

best way to protect client is to make a proper one from scratch that has it in built like KeiKun said.

I believe there are many individuals here who knows about handling the various client files. Why not start up an open source project for a client that doesn't die out.?

because this very very very hard to write from null the application what will work with emulator. It's like a write new game.

+ Copyrights, + licence, + etc things. It's easy to talk about protection, but in real life it's very very very hard to make. This is the main problem.

Open source defeats the purpose of protection if you were to make an open source solution. If the code is available, a work-around can be easily made.

Have you tried contacting Sirius through the contact page? Keep in mind Harmony is ran by just 1 guy and he's currently really busy with personal stuff.

Edited by kisuka