nikki1200

How to Increase Mobs/Monster in Specific Map

Question

Hi All,

Seeking for your assistance on how to increase the mobs of the monster on specific map and increase the drop rate of an item into 100% like in dokebi monster. i want to increase the number of dokebi monster in the map and change the gold drop into 100%.

Please advise,

Thanks,

18 answers to this question

Maybe this does help you?

This is a fragment of an upcoming project I'm doing and I think some newbie proofreading won't harm anyone. Is it OK for you to understand all about monsters?

NOTE: all %TAB% are meant to be actual tabulation spaces, but plaintext has some issues with them and they're marked as so for clarity's sake.

### Creating a permanent monster spawn ###(*TopMonster)(*TopBossMonster)<map name>,<x>,<y>{,<xs>{,<ys>}}%TAB%monster%TAB%<monster name>{,<mob level>}%TAB%<mob id>,<amount>{,<delay1>{,<delay2>{,<event>{,<mob size>,{<mob ai>}}}}}<map name>,<x>,<y>{,<xs>{,<ys>}}%TAB%boss_monster%TAB%<monster name>{,<mob level>}%TAB%<mob id>,<amount>{,<delay1>{,<delay2>{,<event>{,<mob size>{,<mob ai>}}}}}->  Description:	When parsed, this will make a permanent mob spawn (until server reboot 	or script reload) with the specified characteristics.->  Parameters:	*   map name: The map name in which the monster(s) will be spawned.	*   x,y: They are the x and y coordinates on the specified map, in 	    which the monsters will be spawned or the center of the spawn 	    rectangle if xs or ys are greater than 0. If both x and y are 0, 	    the monsters will be spawned on a random position of the map. Be 	    warned that mobs walk around randomly, so that they may eventually 	    walk over the entire map as long as there's a walkable path!	*   xs,ys: They are the horizontal and vertical span (ie, width and 	    height) of a spawn rectangle centered in x,y. Think of this as the 	    amount of squares you'd like to have your monster(s) spawned from 	    the center to both sides. For example, if xs is 6 and ys is 1, the 	    result would be a 6+1+6 width by 1+1+1 height spawn rectangle:	    -------------	    |     C     |	    -------------	    where that C is the center of that spawn rectangle. Even if both 	    of them are optional, you'd better set them together	*   monster: __Mutually excluyent with boss_monster__. Specifies the 	    parser to spawn regular monsters with no special treatment.	*   boss_monster: __Mutually excluyent with monster__. Specifies the 	    parser to spawn special monsters (usually MvPs) which can be 	    detected by the SC_CASH_BOSS_ALARM status (Convex Mirror). Please 	    note this will __not__ mark the mob as boss-type.	*   monster name: The name the monsters will use, at your choice, 	    with a max of 24 characters by default. You could use some special 	    names as "--ja--", which will use the 'japanese name' of its 	    record in the monster database (that is, in fact, an English name) 	    or "--en--", which will use its 'english name' (that is that same 	    name in uppercase).	*   mob level: If specified, spawned monsters will forcely be this 	    level, but they won't get any status changed other than this one.	*   mob id: The actual mob id of the monsters you'll be spawning from 	    the mob db.	*   amount: The amount of monsters you want to spawn. It's affected by 	    the mob_count_rate configuration in conf/battle/monster.conf	*   delay 1: Minimum time, in milliseconds (1000 = 1 second) that, 	    after killing a monster from this respawn, the server will take to 	    spawn that monster again. This is known as base respawn time.	*   delay 2: Random time, from 0 to this value (in milliseconds), that 	    will be added on top of the base respawn time to respawn a dead 	    monster from this respawn. Server always enforces a minimum of a 	    total 5000 milliseconds before respawning a mob.	*   event: An NPC name and event to be executed on every death of any 	    of the spawned monsters (and, if an user has killed that mob, the 	    event will be executed attached to that user). The event must be 	    in the form "NPCName::OnEventName" for being executed, and the 	    event name label should start with "On". If you don't want to 	    execute any event, just set this value to 0 or 1. For more 	    information about labels, please see the 'Labels' section.	*   mob size: This optional parameter will determine the size of the 	    summoned monsters on the spawn. Set it to 0 if you don't want to 	    alter the monster's size, 1 if you want them to be small and 2 if 	    you want to make the monsters big. Formerly, a summoned monster 	    with altered size had its stats, drop rates and experience doubled 	    on size = 2, or halved if size = 1, but now it's disabled by 	    default. You can enable this feature if you want by changing the 	    mob_size_influence configuration in conf/battle/monster.conf	*   mob ai: The special AI the mob will have. It's not like the one 	    you set in the mob db, but a special extra behavior you may want 	    to set. 0 means no special behavior; 1 means the spawned monsters 	    will attack other monsters; 2 makes their behavior as if summoned 	    by Alchemist's Marine Sphere skill; 3 makes them behave as if 	    summoned by Alchemist's Summon Flora and 4 makes them behave as if 	    summoned as from Kagerou/Oboro's Zanzou skill.-> Notes:    Please note that by using this you'll make a __permanent__ monster 	spawn, there's no way of unloading them from the server unless you 	reboot or issue @reloadscript. If you want to make a mob spawn for 	once or limited times, please refer to the 'monster' and 'areamonster' 	script commands. Also note that if you want to put an optional 	parameter and there are some others before, you'll have to fill the 	ones before (mostly with zeros).-> Examples:	*   Spawn a shining plant (ID# 1083) with its default name on prontera, 	    x=150, y=170 that will respawn every 5s (minimum default):		prontera,150,170%TAB%monster%TAB%--ja--%TAB%1083,1	*   Spawn 10 boss level 99 porings (ID# 1002) named Satan Morroc at a 	    random place on prontera, which will respawn around 1~1:30 hours 	    after being killed (from 3600000 to 5400000 ms):		prontera,0,0%TAB%monster%TAB%Satan Morroc,99%TAB%1002,10,3600000,1800000	*   Spawn 4 big Poporing on a 3x4 square around prontera,150,170, 	    which will attack other mobs and trigger the 'OnMyPopoDie' label 	    from 'MyNPCName' when killed (default respawn time):		prontera,150,170,3,4%TAB%monster%TAB%Poporing%TAB%1031,4,0,0,"MyNPCName::OnMyPopoDie",2,1

What do you think?

modify npc/mobs.txt or npc/re/mobs.txt or npc/pre-re/mobs.txt depending on map.

and for monsterdrop. modify db/re/mob_db.txt or db/pre-re/mob_db.txt depending on what server type you are running

thanks Sir sevennz23.

may i know what's the meaning below? sorry i don't understant it T_T

pay_dun04,0,0,0,0 monster Dokebi 1110,40,5000,0,0

Please advise,

Thanks,

you can use this script 

addmonsterdrop(<mob id or name>, <item id>, <rate>)
Example:
    // Add Yggdrasil Berry (607) to the High Orc's (1213) drops, with 100% (10000) rate    addmonsterdrop(1213, 607, 10000);

for more information read your doc/script_commands.txt

Edited by sevenzz23

okay, try this

-	script	spwnmob	-1,{		OnDeath:	monster "prontera",0,0,"High Or",1213,1;	end;OnInit:    addmonsterdrop(1213, 607, 10000);	monster "prontera",0,0,"High Orc",1213,210,"spwnmob::OnDeath";end;}

Note: if you are using renewal please read this http://irowiki.org/wiki/Drop_System#Level_Factor

if you want to disable this feature..

go to src/config/renewal.h

find this line

/// leave this line to enable renewal item drop rate algorithms/// while enabled a special modified based on the difference between the player and monster level is applied/// based on the http://irowiki.org/wiki/Drop_System#Level_Factor table#define RENEWAL_DROP

then replace with, to disable

//define RENEWAL_DROP
Edited by sevenzz23

hi.

I created new txt file named newzone.txt, cause I want to have poring spawned on that map and make that map as event area for hunting poring coin.

my newzone.txt contains:

only this

please check..

new_zone03,0,0{,8{,2}} Poring Poring{,4} 1002,400{,10000{,5000{,"PoringCatcher::OnEventName"{,0,{0}}}}}

I based it here

Maybe this does help you?

This is a fragment of an upcoming project I'm doing and I think some newbie proofreading won't harm anyone. Is it OK for you to understand all about monsters?

NOTE: all %TAB% are meant to be actual tabulation spaces, but plaintext has some issues with them and they're marked as so for clarity's sake.

### Creating a permanent monster spawn ###
(*TopMonster)
(*TopBossMonster)

<map name>,<x>,<y>{,<xs>{,<ys>}}%TAB%monster%TAB%<monster name>{,<mob level>}%TAB%<mob id>,<amount>{,<delay1>{,<delay2>{,<event>{,<mob size>,{<mob ai>}}}}}
<map name>,<x>,<y>{,<xs>{,<ys>}}%TAB%boss_monster%TAB%<monster name>{,<mob level>}%TAB%<mob id>,<amount>{,<delay1>{,<delay2>{,<event>{,<mob size>{,<mob ai>}}}}}

-> Description:
When parsed, this will make a permanent mob spawn (until server reboot
or script reload) with the specified characteristics.
-> Parameters:
* map name: The map name in which the monster(s) will be spawned.
* x,y: They are the x and y coordinates on the specified map, in
which the monsters will be spawned or the center of the spawn
rectangle if xs or ys are greater than 0. If both x and y are 0,
the monsters will be spawned on a random position of the map. Be
warned that mobs walk around randomly, so that they may eventually
walk over the entire map as long as there's a walkable path!
* xs,ys: They are the horizontal and vertical span (ie, width and
height) of a spawn rectangle centered in x,y. Think of this as the
amount of squares you'd like to have your monster(s) spawned from
the center to both sides. For example, if xs is 6 and ys is 1, the
result would be a 6+1+6 width by 1+1+1 height spawn rectangle:
-------------
| C |
-------------
where that C is the center of that spawn rectangle. Even if both
of them are optional, you'd better set them together
* monster: __Mutually excluyent with boss_monster__. Specifies the
parser to spawn regular monsters with no special treatment.
* boss_monster: __Mutually excluyent with monster__. Specifies the
parser to spawn special monsters (usually MvPs) which can be
detected by the SC_CASH_BOSS_ALARM status (Convex Mirror). Please
note this will __not__ mark the mob as boss-type.
* monster name: The name the monsters will use, at your choice,
with a max of 24 characters by default. You could use some special
names as "--ja--", which will use the 'japanese name' of its
record in the monster database (that is, in fact, an English name)
or "--en--", which will use its 'english name' (that is that same
name in uppercase).
* mob level: If specified, spawned monsters will forcely be this
level, but they won't get any status changed other than this one.
* mob id: The actual mob id of the monsters you'll be spawning from
the mob db.
* amount: The amount of monsters you want to spawn. It's affected by
the mob_count_rate configuration in conf/battle/monster.conf
* delay 1: Minimum time, in milliseconds (1000 = 1 second) that,
after killing a monster from this respawn, the server will take to
spawn that monster again. This is known as base respawn time.
* delay 2: Random time, from 0 to this value (in milliseconds), that
will be added on top of the base respawn time to respawn a dead
monster from this respawn. Server always enforces a minimum of a
total 5000 milliseconds before respawning a mob.
* event: An NPC name and event to be executed on every death of any
of the spawned monsters (and, if an user has killed that mob, the
event will be executed attached to that user). The event must be
in the form "NPCName::OnEventName" for being executed, and the
event name label should start with "On". If you don't want to
execute any event, just set this value to 0 or 1. For more
information about labels, please see the 'Labels' section.
* mob size: This optional parameter will determine the size of the
summoned monsters on the spawn. Set it to 0 if you don't want to
alter the monster's size, 1 if you want them to be small and 2 if
you want to make the monsters big. Formerly, a summoned monster
with altered size had its stats, drop rates and experience doubled
on size = 2, or halved if size = 1, but now it's disabled by
default. You can enable this feature if you want by changing the
mob_size_influence configuration in conf/battle/monster.conf
* mob ai: The special AI the mob will have. It's not like the one
you set in the mob db, but a special extra behavior you may want
to set. 0 means no special behavior; 1 means the spawned monsters
will attack other monsters; 2 makes their behavior as if summoned
by Alchemist's Marine Sphere skill; 3 makes them behave as if
summoned by Alchemist's Summon Flora and 4 makes them behave as if
summoned as from Kagerou/Oboro's Zanzou skill.
-> Notes:
Please note that by using this you'll make a __permanent__ monster
spawn, there's no way of unloading them from the server unless you
reboot or issue @reloadscript. If you want to make a mob spawn for
once or limited times, please refer to the 'monster' and 'areamonster'
script commands. Also note that if you want to put an optional
parameter and there are some others before, you'll have to fill the
ones before (mostly with zeros).
-> Examples:
* Spawn a shining plant (ID# 1083) with its default name on prontera,
x=150, y=170 that will respawn every 5s (minimum default):
prontera,150,170%TAB%monster%TAB%--ja--%TAB%1083,1
* Spawn 10 boss level 99 porings (ID# 1002) named Satan Morroc at a
random place on prontera, which will respawn around 1~1:30 hours
after being killed (from 3600000 to 5400000 ms):
prontera,0,0%TAB%monster%TAB%Satan Morroc,99%TAB%1002,10,3600000,1800000
* Spawn 4 big Poporing on a 3x4 square around prontera,150,170,
which will attack other mobs and trigger the 'OnMyPopoDie' label
from 'MyNPCName' when killed (default respawn time):
prontera,150,170,3,4%TAB%monster%TAB%Poporing%TAB%1031,4,0,0,"MyNPCName::OnMyPopoDie",2,1

What do you think?

Edited by khenma

hi.

I created new txt file named newzone.txt, cause I want to have poring spawned on that map and make that map as event area for hunting poring coin.

my newzone.txt contains:

only this

please check..

new_zone03,0,0{,8{,2}} Poring Poring{,4} 1002,400{,10000{,5000{,"PoringCatcher::OnEventName"{,0,{0}}}}}
I based it here

[MY QUOTE]

Hi. I think it's better for you to tell and check all the errors you made on that (along with some comments of mine), so that you can learn more from this and the examples:

[*]The curly braces usually denote optional parameters and are required not to be present (if you put an optional parameter, just put it as if it was another one without the curly braces, unless specifically noted in the manual).

[*]If you will spawn monsters at random in a map (The (x,y) coordinates are (0,0) ), you don't need to specify the width and height of the spawn rectangle. They'll just be ignored from the map server.

[*]The monster parameter (or boss_monster if you want to spawn a mob that is considered a boss) must be left intact, these are reserved words that must  ot be changed.

[*]You could also leave out the level of the Poring if you want so that the server assigns them their default level, which is 1.

[*]Amount of Porings has no issues except that they could make your client laggy. You sure you want to summon that much amount of porings?

[*]From the amount of porings on, you could have finished your mob spawn if you want, no need to fill every variable unless you want to use them, in that order.

[*]You can leave the delays to 0 (or just omit them) if you want the server to apply the minimum delay of 5000 ms (5 seconds)

[*]Is that an event label you'll actually use or have you just invented it? In case you won't use any NPC label it's better to set them to 0.

[*]You could have left out the last two parameters if you didn't want to give them any use.

Possible fixes to your mob spawn would be these. Use the first one if you don't want to enforce any delay or use any special event label or the second if you will use the event label and the delays:

new_zone03,0,0	monster	Poring	1002,400new_zone03,0,0	monster	Poring	1002,400,10000,5000,"PoringCatcher::OnEventName"

Hope this gives you some insight on this and helps you learn a bit more!

hi.

my newzone.txt contains:

only this

please check..

I based it here

[MY QUOTE]

Hi. I think it's better for you to tell and check all the errors you made on that (along with some comments of mine), so that you can learn more from this and the examples:

[*]The curly braces usually denote optional parameters and are required not to be present (if you put an optional parameter, just put it as if it was another one without the curly braces, unless specifically noted in the manual).

[*]If you will spawn monsters at random in a map (The (x,y) coordinates are (0,0) ), you don't need to specify the width and height of the spawn rectangle. They'll just be ignored from the map server.

[*]The monster parameter (or boss_monster if you want to spawn a mob that is considered a boss) must be left intact, these are reserved words that must  ot be changed.

[*]You could also leave out the level of the Poring if you want so that the server assigns them their default level, which is 1.

[*]Amount of Porings has no issues except that they could make your client laggy. You sure you want to summon that much amount of porings?

[*]From the amount of porings on, you could have finished your mob spawn if you want, no need to fill every variable unless you want to use them, in that order.

[*]You can leave the delays to 0 (or just omit them) if you want the server to apply the minimum delay of 5000 ms (5 seconds)

[*]Is that an event label you'll actually use or have you just invented it? In case you won't use any NPC label it's better to set them to 0.

[*]You could have left out the last two parameters if you didn't want to give them any use.

Possible fixes to your mob spawn would be these. Use the first one if you don't want to enforce any delay or use any special event label or the second if you will use the event label and the delays:

new_zone03,0,0	monster	Poring	1002,400new_zone03,0,0	monster	Poring	1002,400,10000,5000,"PoringCatcher::OnEventName"

Hope this gives you some insight on this and helps you learn a bit more!

ah so ite has 2 lines..

I thought only 1, ^_^ it works fine now.

yeah you're right. 400 is to much. hmm...

error found by the way...

the npc event: event not found [poring catcher::oneventname]

by the way, can a poring stop their looting ability?

No, it has 1 line only. Use the first one if you won't be using any NPC event for the monster, or the second one if you'll be using it.

If you'll not have an NPC for whick you want to run the event, then you'll always get that error, so it'd be better if you didn't put any event label if not using them.

Have you seen the examples on my text? By reading the text and trying to understand the examples, it should be quite clear.

P.S.: No, you can't remove the looting behavior of a poring unless you make a custom entry on the mob database that removes that AI part of the mob.

okay thanks sir ill try my best to do it..

:lol:

how to make npc for it? that players will warp to this map?

I just invented the npc name

Edited by khenma