keough

IPB Forum registration to Ragnarok

Question

Hello, as the title says, is it possible that a forum account can login in-game? like merging Forum and Login in ragnarok as one. anyone know how to do this? 

13 answers to this question

Yes its possible Use your ragnarok database for IPB login.

rad1.png

rad2.png

1. Disable forum registrations so that the only way to register is via your server’s registration.(There a setting to redirect IPB’s registration link to your CP’s registration page)

2.  Use IPB’s built in merge account feature to merge your users’ existing account to the new account.

3. Disable IPB’s internal login. Using two databases would be messy, really messy don’t even try!

Credits to: clydelion
Edited by pr3p

rad1.png

rad2.png

1. Disable forum registrations so that the only way to register is via your server’s registration.(There a setting to redirect IPB’s registration link to your CP’s registration page)

2.  Use IPB’s built in merge account feature to merge your users’ existing account to the new account.

3. Disable IPB’s internal login. Using two databases would be messy, really messy don’t even try!

Thanks

IPB 3.4.6 ?

rad1.png

rad2.png

Thanks

IPB 3.4.6 ?

Its compatible on any ipboard version sir ^_^

Thanks

I'm finding it very different about the latest IPB.

Not equal to this picture ..

28ib1tz.png

sucess, thanks

Hello, as the title says, is it possible that a forum account can login in-game? like merging Forum and Login in ragnarok as one. anyone know how to do this? 

Yes...Try ask emistry. He do it for me :D

hi Keough, yes it possible, but you must understand another side of this thing.
Security!

Because any website have some problems with security (xss/injections/bugs/exploits) etc what can ruin your server very fastly if you make simbiosis between forum & server.

But if you really want's to do that, you need some script what will be react for each changes from registration script of IPB & RO db.
Example: you make registration from IPB, and you going to the end of IPB and add few strings to make new account in yourro.login table

INSERT INTO 'yourrro.login' (name,password,last_ip,accountid++ etc tables (sorry i do not remember all) VALUES('forum_name_registration_variable','password_variable','bla bla etc').

But please, you must understand another thing too, as i remember IPB make security for passwords by md5()+salt? or something like that (dunno), i think there will be a tons of differents conflicts between passwords.

And sorry please for fast reply, i do not look into IPB php code, and at RO registration scripts.

Edited by Mumbles
Merged triple-post.

nice one pr3p :no1: yeah! white hat :meow:

Edited by themon

rad1.png

rad2.png

Thanks

IPB 3.4.6 ?

Its compatible on any ipboard version sir ^_^

Isn't this risky? Exposing your userid to other players is sort of.. weird.

What do you mean exposing? your onnly using the external db of ragnarok in able to used your useri/login credentials its just like single sign-on

Edited by pr3p

Yes i've been using that long time ago thanks to clydelion for the guide ^_^

Isn't this risky? Exposing your userid to other players is sort of.. weird.

What do you mean exposing? your onnly using the external db of ragnarok in able to used your useri/login credentials its just like single sign-on

Sorry. I didn't quite get what you said.