Sign in to follow this  
Zephy

Remove the delay from a skill

Question

So I was wondering if there is a way to make a skill have the same effect as setting no_skill_delay to 1 (in conf/battle/skill.conf), but for a specific skill, not all skills.

I have already set delay_rate to 0 as well, however, it's skill not fast enough. 

Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

If you want to modify just a specigic skill's delay, then just edit the db/re/skill_cast_db.txt file (or the db/pre-re/skill_cast_db.txt if using pre-renewal).

I think its structure is quite clear, but ask me if you still have problems with it.

Moving to database support since I think this is more of a database issue!

It really depends on the skill and which Job is using it. For example, you can use the Vulcan+Song+Change Guitar combo with clown and it will work if the delays are setted properly, but with minstrel, as far as I'm concerned, it does not work quite properly. From what I know it has something to do with the Sprites, the delay works differently even if the delay is set to 0.

As if you just want to set the delay of any skill to 0 (even though it may not cast as fast as you want it to be, because of the issue I mentioned above), just do as JaBote said above+