Squishyyy

job_db1.txt

make it in a less confusing format, please. I've been wanting this for years, but I didn't think I'd have to actually ask. honestly, does anyone know or can explain what all those variables do for a class? 

well a quick look in status.c says that one is for hp_coefficient, one is for hp_coefficient2, one is for weight, one is for sp_coefficient and the rest are for ASPD of various weapons (pretty much like the comment in the file says)

HOWEVER

that does not help me understand WHAT THE HELL I AM LOOKING AT. @_@; here's a line:

// Novice
0, 20000,0    ,500  ,100  ,440  ,590  ,610  ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,540  ,2000 ,540  ,540  ,690  ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,2000 ,690  ,540  

novice has 0hp/sp/weight modifier.... so theoretically it should be 0,base weight,0,0,0 ....etc but it's NOT. My point is, what is going on here?
Edited by Squishyyy

weight : 20000 means your carrying capacity is up to 2000 (20000/10 due to some decimal conversion)

HP multi is in every level you gain (HP multi) * base level / 100

while HP factor..hmm..hard to explain just understand this function..hehehe

static void status_calc_sigma(void){int i,j;for(i = 0; i < CLASS_COUNT; i++){  unsigned int k = 0;  hp_sigma_val[i][0] = hp_sigma_val[i][1] = 0;  for(j = 2; j <= MAX_LEVEL; j++)  {   k += (hp_coefficient[i]*j + 50) / 100;   hp_sigma_val[i][j] = k;   if (k >= INT_MAX)    break; //Overflow protection. [Skotlex]  }  for(; j <= MAX_LEVEL; j++)   hp_sigma_val[i][j] = INT_MAX;}}

and for the weapons it is the base aspd when you equip specific weapon...

example bare hands(440) therefore (2000-440)/10 = 156

:meow:

weight : 20000 means your carrying capacity is up to 2000 (20000/10 due to some decimal conversion)

HP multi is in every level you gain (HP multi) * base level / 100

while HP factor..hmm..hard to explain just understand this function..hehehe

static void status_calc_sigma(void){int i,j;for(i = 0; i < CLASS_COUNT; i++){  unsigned int k = 0;  hp_sigma_val[i][0] = hp_sigma_val[i][1] = 0;  for(j = 2; j <= MAX_LEVEL; j++)  {   k += (hp_coefficient[i]*j + 50) / 100;   hp_sigma_val[i][j] = k;   if (k >= INT_MAX)    break; //Overflow protection. [Skotlex]  }  for(; j <= MAX_LEVEL; j++)   hp_sigma_val[i][j] = INT_MAX;}}

and for the weapons it is the base aspd when you equip specific weapon...

example bare hands(440) therefore (2000-440)/10 = 156

:meow:

that's kinda my point. Is there a way to make the file less complicated for easier implementation of new classes/ modification of existing classes? maybe like uhhh for novice that has no hp/sp/weight mods have everything be 0 and then work from there instead of this wacky system. Keep the wacky system in the src or remove it entirely idunno.

Also, is there a command like @reloadjobdb (couldn't find it I thought there used to be one) that reloaded job_db1 & 2 so I don't have to restart the server or something every time I adjust the file.

Bumping here.

I agree that it could be better documented, but the format is just fine IMO, it could get a rework to fit the new formats Hercules has been implementing over the last months.

Anyone want to add any thoughts on this?

Bumping here.

I agree that it could be better documented, but the format is just fine IMO, it could get a rework to fit the new formats Hercules has been implementing over the last months.

Anyone want to add any thoughts on this?

IMO job_db1 should get an overhaul as well, it sure isn't as modified as item related databases but as they are now reading them is awful.

All these databases should get an overhaul IMHO:

job_db1mob_dbmob_skill_dbskill_dbskill_require_dbelemental_dbhomun_skill_treehomunculus_dbmercenary_dbpet_dbquest_db
And also all databases and configuration files should be read by a standard config library. I know this is a lot of work, but I think it'd be better to customize and develop using a new format. I'm pretty sure everyone hates having to reident every line just to change the right field.

job_db1 overhaul is intended (we have a "centralise" job data discussion which entails this along other job stuff including those messy job names in messages.conf)

And also all databases and configuration files should be read by a standard config library. I know this is a lot of work, but I think it'd be better to customize and develop using a new format. I'm pretty sure everyone hates having to reident every line just to change the right field.

I'd agree.