GrumpyPanda

Freewalk onto traps, no direct attack cursor (sword cursor).

Question

Pointing me to the right direction would already help a lot.

Explaining what needs to be changed would be even better.

I would like it to be possible to freely move onto hunter traps, the trap should trigger normally (like how you can move into a firepillar) and that it would not show the sword cursor when you target a trap on woe maps.

We're running a pretrans server and this is a rather big problem currently as traps are used a lot. Especially many traps in a line blocks even trying to move onto the traps unless people zoom in and click somewhere between the traps.

Edited by GrumpyPanda

3 answers to this question

My guess is that the way that the cursor changes is client-related, the server just sends packets that identify an unit as a trap, then your client chooses on how it'll be displayed. You could change which kind of unit is identified as a trap and change sprites in your grf file, but you'd have to replace an existing unit type and the client would handle it the same way it was handled before your "change"

@skill.h/// The client view ids for land skills.enum {	UNT_SAFETYWALL = 0x7e,[...]	UNT_HIDDEN_TRAP, //TODO	UNT_TRAP, //TODO	UNT_HIDDEN_WARP_NPC, //TODO	UNT_USED_TRAPS,
@clif.c//Sends a change-base-look packet required for traps as they are triggered.void clif_changetraplook(struct block_list *bl,int val){	unsigned char buf[32];#if PACKETVER < 4	WBUFW(buf,0)=0xc3;	WBUFL(buf,2)=bl->id;	WBUFB(buf,6)=LOOK_BASE;	WBUFB(buf,7)=val;	clif->send(buf,packet_len(0xc3),bl,AREA);#else	WBUFW(buf,0)=0x1d7;	WBUFL(buf,2)=bl->id;	WBUFB(buf,6)=LOOK_BASE;	WBUFW(buf,7)=val;	WBUFW(buf,9)=0;	clif->send(buf,packet_len(0x1d7),bl,AREA);#endif}
Happy holidays

Thanks for the answer, however the cursor only changes on traps inside castle maps. It stays normal even on battleground maps so I believe theres a better way to fix this, something to do with mapflags quite possibly?

For freewalk I don't think that will really work as it need to be handled like a normal trap so remove trap, spring trap and the trap effect itself will work. I tried changing around firepillars and anklesnares unit_ids and well, it stops working completely. (though you can move freely onto it ;D) So whether movement to same cell as a unit is blocked or not is completely client side? That sounds sad, I guess this would need a client edit if thats the case?

Other option to how I'd like it to work is that the character would try to walk to melee range of the trap (try to melee attack) upon clicking it, at the moment its very hard for players to move inside a castle filled with traps as they cannot click on any cell with traps to attempt to move.

Happy holidays to you too :)

Edited by GrumpyPanda

You could code a new mapflag that works just like GvG, but if traps change their look only in castle maps, independing on which mapflag is active, then the client is parsing them this way only in this type of map, so you could change the type of maps that all castles are, client and server-side and see if that works, but I'm not so sure... As far as I'm aware of there's not much that can be done server-side to "fix" this issue :x Sometime ago there was a client edit called XRay in that type of client you could even add new Unit types, so if you can find a XRay that works properly with your server and then edit it c: