Sign in to follow this  
Tepoo

Block teleport on Portals

Some people says it happened to them also on official servers, for me and many friends of mine, it never happened in 10Years of playing on official servers.

the emulator does ignore warpportals when calculating where the player will spawn after teleport. and so it can happen that you are getting teleported onto a warpportal and getting warped by the warpportal.

i think this is a logic wich should be changed. i tought now long time about it, but didnt found a reason why it should not be changed.

who would agree with me?

Greetings

Tepoo

There are people who say it happened to them, but nobody can prove it.

I am playing since 2002, it never happened to me.

other friends are playing since 8/7years and they say it also never happened to them.

i also made some tests on small maps where not much space is with a teleport exploit (just push F5) and macro.

10k teleports, never got teleported onto a portal.

i cant say 100% that this is not working on official servers. but in more then 11 years, it never happened to me, or any friends of mine. And also my 10k teleport test didnt approved it.

It does happened on official, specially on maps with too many warportals like Clocktower and Alde_dun, but some official player ddnt use teleport much in that map because it requires a Key to enter. My alternative solution for this is remove all warportals and replace it with warpNPC, when OnTouch triggered it will ask a user if he/she wants to get out of the map.

It does happened on official, specially on maps with too many warportals like Clocktower and Alde_dun, but some official player ddnt use teleport much in that map because it requires a Key to enter. My alternative solution for this is remove all warportals and replace it with warpNPC, when OnTouch triggered it will ask a user if he/she wants to get out of the map.

1. where do you got this information? Any Proofs?

2. as im a developer for myself the theorie of "more space + more portals > less space + less portals" = chance to step onto a teleport, doesnt get into my brain.

and even, i am pretty sure that "if this realy happens" the person moved a step.as it is possible to walk in the black screen while the objects are loading, as the char themself is allready placed.

i will make a stress test on the alde_dun where the bathorys are on kRO and fRO. lets see how often im stepping on portals on a 10k test.

Edit1: First Test on alde_dun04 on fRO, ~1500 teleports, no portal hitted.

Edited by Tepoo

I too confirm it happens, I have memory of ending up above portals when using fly wing on numerous occasions on iRO and bRO where I once played. I believe this can be easily fixed on a plugin given its custom behavior ( I may release it myself ), its a mere case of overloading map_search_freecell and ensuring the target cell does not belong to a npc (this would also make monster drops not end up above warpable cells).

it occurred to me, perhaps they fixed it -- and I remember streusel once mentioning something in patch notes about warps that might just be it...I'll ask him

doesnt TP already avoid NPCs when searching for free cells?

I mean i have never teleported to an NPC's location yet but I have teleported onto Warp Portals before , both in official (although that was some time back and occurred like very few times - probably because i did not teleport much then?) and private servers.