Sign in to follow this  
Clare

Global Light Browedit

Question

Hello, it's been a long time since I got this problem with the overall light 
I've tried several ways but could not solve, have also tried quite a solution to this problem but have not found. 

When I put the Global Light on the map are only a few objects with the color of it, what should I do so that everyone with the all objects color of light? 

Thanks to anyone who can solve.
I apologize for my bad english.

Here one print of the problem

1523237_500608050047885_1018698155_o.jpg

12 answers to this question

Allow me to explain you kinda the cause of this:

global_shadow.jpg

^ suppose we have a map there. All the time the client applies the global shadow, it does only for that  75% area of your map (this happens in customs and official maps, no matter what) That sorrounding 35% of the map doesn't gets the global shadow.

To fix this:

1 - If you want to have global shadow in all models:

Save a backup of your map. Then, create a new big map (like x200 or x225 size) and using the global height edit mode, select all your original map and copy it in the new big map, centered. Just like if you want to place it at the 75% area I drawed.

2 - If you want to remove global shadow in all your models:

The RSM models has a function to get this global shadow in 3 possible ways:
454a4a41.png

Using an hex editor, please look for that offset and change 01 to 00, this disables global shadows in your RSM model. Alternatively, if you want, you can also ad the value 02 to enable smoth shadows in models if I remember well.

I know you asked how to add the shadow, not to remove it. But I leave the info here, since its something that few people knows about.

Edited by Olrox

I am very grateful for your response Olrox, had long time search for it, even saw a topic in your eAthena 2009 if I remember correctly,

you could tell me what the maximum size that a map can be in ragnarok?

I am very grateful for your response Olrox, had long time search for it, even saw a topic in your eAthena 2009 if I remember correctly,

you could tell me what the maximum size that a map can be in ragnarok?

The maximum size I've tested by myself is: 225x225.

I know its possible to increase this by changing one value in the emu and recompiling, but I've never tried it, and what I have read is that the client stops working on that (I'm not sure of this, I've not tested to say this is real)

Regarding your issue of shadows, please also keep in mind:

• 1 - the minimap of your map, in case you do it, will have a black sorrounding area around it, this means, the walkable minimap will be reduced.
  • 2 - after pasting your map to the new size, you have to: edit gat again, and edit the effects altitude one by one.
  • 3 - after pasting your map, and if by somehow you experience a glitch about black spots in game when rotating the camera, please change the water level of your map to -20, then using the global height edit mode, press CTRL+A and raise all your terrain to the new level, and using the object group edit mode, raise all the models to the new level. Save your map, and finally, resave it with browedit rev 558. In case you had effects, you'll have to raise the effects up too. Gat is fine here, since it raises paired with the terrain.

Edited by Olrox

Olrox, did what you said and solved the problem of global light, but created a new problem, the objects now are off site, see the images.

First print

1523237_500608050047885_1018698155_o.jpg

Second print

1485884_500753650033325_1722225604_o.jpg

after copying the map to the new size 225x225 objects moved to the left, you know how to make them return to their original location? 

ps: in browedit they continue in their proper places.

• Did you copy and paste everything to the new map by using browedit rev 620? or you used another revision to do this action like 558 or maybe another one? (if you didn't please do it again with the backup you have and using the rev 620) the revision "558" should be used specifically just for resaving, after doing all the work  already saved with rev 620.
  • The altitude of the models are correct? moving the camera like a little flat view (CTRL + SHIFT, hold left click) can help you look at that.

You said in browedit shows in their proper places, but, depends of what browedit revision is this. The revision more accurate to show models correctly is rev 620. However if you want to fix this quickly, just switch to object group edit mode (F11) in your current browedit, select all the models by holding left click, and then press the "[" key. Once you do this, look at the upper right corner and it should say "editing".

Then, by using the arrow keys, move everything around 1 or 2 cells at the right direction? depends of your camera. If you want to move the objects faster, just keep holding the SHIFT key while you do this. It doesn't matters that it shows incorrectly in your current browedit revision, we just want to make it look correctly in game.

^ So that would be a quick fix, however, maybe you want it to show correctly in brow and in game.

Edited by Olrox

Thanks again Olrox, I was using revision 586 for make the map, now I used the 620 this last time, but the problem persisted,
so I did as you said, all selected objects with the 'edit of group objects' and move them once to right and one to above. 
I believe that solved, but this time in browedit was out of place but in ragnarok was in place. 

Thanks, and sorry for so many problems.

I think the issue goes with that, cause you created the map using that revision 586 at first. Nonetheless, don't you mind to tell me what happens when you load your -in game fixed- map with browedit 620 now? I'm almost sure that it really has to show the correct placement of models just like as you have fixed it in game.

For your next map, try to always create maps with rev 620 since the beginning. Then always use the rev 586 to only resave your work once you have the map done ^^

Edited by Olrox

Hey Olrox :D

Today I tried again, I think I was doing something wrong, this time was perfect both

in browedit as in the game, I really am very grateful for your help, from now on I will make my maps with browedit 620!

thank you so much *-----*

1557323_500894980019192_1530690322_o.jpg

Edited by Clare

On 22.01.2014 at 0:09 AM, Olrox said:

2 - If you want to remove global shadow in all your models:

The RSM models has a function to get this global shadow in 3 possible ways:
454a4a41.png

Using an hex editor, please look for that offset and change 01 to 00, this disables global shadows in your RSM model. Alternatively, if you want, you can also ad the value 02 to enable smoth shadows in models if I remember well.

Hello, the pictures are broken, does anyone have the information, what
line should I change in the hex editor to remove global shadows on all models?