Ind

Michieru's Renewal Update

I just did my job  :no1:

@LorexOdia

I'm not scare :P

hey is this the new update in herc? after i update my svn my dragon breath damage becomes 300-2k i event try it with 120 allstats and hp armors and pots 

http://herc.ws/board/tracker/issue-8029-after-svn-update-my-db-skill-becomes-500-2k-damage/

Hmmm... I can't replicate the issue.. Mine is working fine.

BTW, I downloaded the fresh copy for testing..

after the update my db becomes like that on my post in bug tracker there is someone likethat too

Okay it's happening now... :( damage range 500 to 1000

@LorexOdia

hey is this the new update in herc? after i update my svn my dragon breath damage becomes 300-2k i event try it with 120 allstats and hp armors and pots 

http://herc.ws/board/tracker/issue-8029-after-svn-update-my-db-skill-becomes-500-2k-damage/

after the update my db becomes like that on my post in bug tracker there is someone likethat too

Because in kRO db are now based on weapon/demi-human attacks can be reduce by thara frogs etc

Dragon Breath is no longer a defense ignoring fixed attack. Its a weapon attack, but isnt affected by your ATK or weapon ATK (any ATK for that matter) and is a formula affected only by your HP, SP, used skill level, and learned level of Dragon Trainning (And I believe your base level as well).

Dragon Breath is no longer a defense ignoring fixed attack. Its a weapon attack, but isnt affected by your ATK or weapon ATK (any ATK for that matter) and is a formula affected only by your HP, SP, used skill level, and learned level of Dragon Trainning (And I believe your base level as well).

No its now affected by Weapon attck Dex & Str stats. And Im sure not by HP.

@VyLow

Im attcking a player without items equipped.

@VyLow

have you tested it already on kRO?

@LorexOdia

Because in kRO db are now based on weapon/demi-human attacks can be reduce by thara frogs etc

yea new formula but racial effect is bugged try it haha

i'm very unmood with a new formula DB :(, why you can't created a some addons like #kRO_DB (enable), and //#kRO_DB (disable) in renewal.h? :( or can you help me to change it to before patch mega update rebalance? (only DB i mean), but the others skill after balancing very nice! :P  :D  i like it :wub: ! except DB <_<

Thanks before Michieru :*, we always love you :D, even until we die ahhaha

Maybe someone is already looking into this issue. But for now the quick fix to this is to add a mapflag for DB SKILL.

how? haha

db/re or pre-re/map_zone_db.conf

On Line: 45

Replace:

mapflags: (	) 

with this

mapflags: ("adjust_skill_damage<tab>RK_DRAGONBREATH<tab>1000",    )

while <tab> is TAB in your keyboard :) for spacing

1000 is the value of increase as an example.

The calculation is 100 normal damage, 200 is x2 the damage, 1000 x 10 the damage. 

Adjust to anything you like.

Recompile. Then your good to go.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Hadeszeus

@VyLow

have you tested it already on kRO?

Damage Formula In +: (((Caster's Current HP / 50) + (Caster's Max SP / 4)) * (Used Level Of Dragon Breath * Caster's Base Level / 150)) * Learned Level Of Dragon Training

I haven't herd anything different from this. If ATK does officially affect it, then provide proof.

Related to Bug issue 8029

In /db/re/skill_db.txt you set RK_DRAGONBREATH as weapon from misc.  I wonder whether md.damage (a misc damage variable) has anything to do with it?
Note that there is no wd.damage variable in /src/map/battle.c for RK_DRAGONBREATH.  The damage of RK_DRAGONBREATH is determined by the variable md.damage.
Also note that wd.damage and md.damage exists in two different functions.  

This in the function battle_calc_misc_attack
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/master/src/map/battle.c

case RK_DRAGONBREATH:
  case RK_DRAGONBREATH_WATER:
md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 50+ (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;
RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
if (sd) md.damage = md.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;
md.flag |= BF_LONG|BF_WEAPON;
break;

End of this function has
return md;

A lot of skills that I checked with in this very function were labelled as misc in /db/re/skill_db.txt instead of weapon.  Examples include CR_ACIDDEMONSTRATION, NJ_ZENYNAGE, trap skills .etc.

Maybe we should test this out by changing NJ_ZENYNAGE in /db/re/skill_db.txt from misc to weapon and see whether it still works.

Edited by Inquisetor90

Related to Bug issue 8029

In /db/re/skill_db.txt you set RK_DRAGONBREATH as weapon from misc.  I wonder whether md.damage (a misc damage variable) has anything to do with it?

Note that there is no wd.damage variable in /src/map/battle.c for RK_DRAGONBREATH.  The damage of RK_DRAGONBREATH is determined by the variable md.damage.

Also note that wd.damage and md.damage exists in two different functions.  

This in the function battle_calc_misc_attack

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/master/src/map/battle.c

case RK_DRAGONBREATH:
md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 50+ (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;
RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
if (sd) md.damage = md.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;
md.flag |= BF_LONG|BF_WEAPON;
break;

End of this function has
return md;

A lot of skills that I checked with in this very function were labelled as misc in /db/re/skill_db.txt instead of weapon.  Examples include CR_ACIDDEMONSTRATION, NJ_ZENYNAGE, trap skills .etc.

Maybe we should test this out by changing NJ_ZENYNAGE in /db/re/skill_db.txt from misc to weapon and see whether it still works.

My suggestion:

Move dragon breath coding in battle.c to battle_calc_weapon_attack from battle_calc_misc_attack function and rename md.damage as wd.damage instead.  Also, I think md.flag would become wd.flag.

Can you post the fixed text ?? and the .txt they belong in.

so i can manage it to :P

this is all bit to steep for me :P

thnx

The skill_db.txt change was correct.

So we'll move onto /src/map/battle.c (link provided but this including the matching line numbers can change at any time).

First Step:
Remove the part I just bolded in red out.  You can ctrl+f that.

case RK_DRAGONBREATH:
case RK_DRAGONBREATH_WATER:
md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 50) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;
RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
if (sd) md.damage = md.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;
md.flag |= BF_LONG|BF_WEAPON;
break;

Ok, now in
struct Damage battle_calc_weapon_attack(
Under the boolean
if (flag.hit && !flag.infdef) //No need to do the math for plants
{ //Hitting attack
In the switch statement
          //Constant/misc additions from skills
switch (skill_id) {     <-- line 4679

case KO_MAKIBISHI:
wd.damage = 20 * skill_lv;
break;
          case KO_SETSUDAN:
if( tsc && tsc->data[sC_SOULLINK] ){
ATK_ADDRATE(200*tsc->data[sC_SOULLINK]->val1);
status_change_end(target,SC_SOULLINK,INVALID_TIMER);
}
break;   <-- line 4763
          case RK_DRAGONBREATH:
wd.damage = ((status_get_hp(src)/50) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;
                RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
                if (sd) wd.damage = wd.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;
break;
      }    <--line 4764
#ifndef RENEWAL
//Div fix.
damage_div_fix(wd.damage, wd.div_);

The blue bit is what you add. Like I said this is only a temporary fix (not even perfect) as I don't know how size/ele/race codes will modify it by putting it there.
The skill_db.txt already states that dragon breath has a range of 9 hence it should be ranged/LONG skill without needed to change it in the source.  Otherwise alternatively change that to -9 (that's what AC_SHOWER looks like) and see whether it'll work.
Edited by Inquisetor90

The skill_db.txt change was correct.

So we'll move onto /src/map/battle.c (link provided but this including the matching line numbers can change at any time).

First Step:

Remove the part I just bolded in red out.  You can ctrl+f that.

case RK_DRAGONBREATH:
case RK_DRAGONBREATH_WATER:
md.damage = ((status_get_hp(src) / 50) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;
RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
if (sd) md.damage = md.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;
md.flag |= BF_LONG|BF_WEAPON;
break;

Ok, now in

struct Damage battle_calc_weapon_attack(

Under the boolean
if (flag.hit && !flag.infdef) //No need to do the math for plants
{ //Hitting attack
In the switch statement

//Constant/misc additions from skills
switch (skill_id) {     <-- line 4679

case KO_MAKIBISHI:
wd.damage = 20 * skill_lv;
break;
          case KO_SETSUDAN:
if( tsc && tsc->data[sC_SOULLINK] ){
ATK_ADDRATE(200*tsc->data[sC_SOULLINK]->val1);
status_change_end(target,SC_SOULLINK,INVALID_TIMER);
}
break;   <-- line 4763
          case RK_DRAGONBREATH:
wd.damage = ((status_get_hp(src)/50) + (status_get_max_sp(src) / 4)) * skill_lv;
                RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
                if (sd) wd.damage = wd.damage * (95 + 5 * pc->checkskill(sd,RK_DRAGONTRAINING)) / 100;
break;
      }    <--line 4764
#ifndef RENEWAL
//Div fix.
damage_div_fix(wd.damage, wd.div_);

The blue bit is what you add. Like I said this is only a temporary fix (not even perfect) as I don't know how size/ele/race codes will modify it by putting it there.

The skill_db.txt already states that dragon breath has a range of 9 hence it should be ranged/LONG skill without needed to change it in the source.  Otherwise alternatively change that to -9 (that's what AC_SHOWER looks like) and see whether it'll work.

did that and i get this when recompile..

2>d:git serverherculessrcmapbattle.c(4761): error C2065: 'md' : undeclared identifier
2>d:git serverherculessrcmapbattle.c(4761): error C2224: left of '.damage' must have struct/union type
2>d:git serverherculessrcmapbattle.c(4761): error C2065: 'md' : undeclared identifier

2>d:git serverherculessrcmapbattle.c(4761): error C2224: left of '.damage' must have struct/union type 

RE_LVL_MDMOD(150);
Replace that with

RE_LVL_DMOD(150); 

I forgotten that the RE_LVL_MDMOD relied on the md.damage variable instead of wd.damage.

Edited by Inquisetor90

Ok, good luck testing it with regards to the following!

Damage - Hopefully it does over 10000 damage now with all stats at 120 for a RK.
Size

Racial (test with hydra and thara frog cards.)

Elemental

Defense

Flee/Hit

Perfect Dodge
Range (Test with defending aura, horn card and pneuma).
Base level (100% at level 150)

Edited by Inquisetor90

Was this problem solved ?

6f264513874c80b912f47dbad1ec0347c67534e7

rud0lp20 added a note 12 days ago :

please don't undo what I did here..I did it on purpose... :D

changing 'skillratio +=' to 'skillratio =' will make some pre skillratio modifier to not work properly...Thanks

I don't think so... Hope Ind and/or maluffet solve it soon!