Sign in to follow this  
Cabrera

Gifting items from jobquests.

Question

Hello guyz, just wondering if i could give a gift to the player once he reaches the second job through the original job quests. So wat shld i do? Shld i use getitem command? Plz help thx :)

Bewmp

5 answers to this question

run a search "jobchange" with "Find in files" in "herculesnpc"

after every single *jobchange,

getitem 501,1;

.... quite hassle to do like this

or the easy way, yet unoptimized way, is to use a custom npc, ask them come to this npc to claim the gift

prontera,154,184,5	script	kjdhfksdjfs	100,{	mes "blah blah come and get a prize";	next;	if ( Class == Job_Novice ) {		mes "no gift for the noobs";		close;	}	if ( Job_Gift[ Class ] ) {		mes "You have already claim the gift";		close;	}	switch ( Class ) {		case Job_Swordman: getitem 501, 1; break;		case Job_Mage: getitem 501, 1; break;		case Job_Archer: getitem 501, 1; break;		case Job_Acolyte: getitem 501, 1; break;	//	.... add more		default:			mes "this job ID is not yet done because the author is feeling lazy hahaha";			close;	}	Job_Gift[ Class ] = 1;	mes "have a nice day";	close;}
1 thing good using another npc is you don't have to look at another file when debugging

the bad ... of course, used up a few custom variable, and needs to reminds players to come and get it

run a search "jobchange" with "Find in files" in "herculesnpc"

after every single *jobchange,

getitem 501,1;

.... quite hassle to do like this

or the easy way, yet unoptimized way, is to use a custom npc, ask them come to this npc to claim the gift

prontera,154,184,5	script	kjdhfksdjfs	100,{	mes "blah blah come and get a prize";	next;	if ( Class == Job_Novice ) {		mes "no gift for the noobs";		close;	}	if ( Job_Gift[ Class ] ) {		mes "You have already claim the gift";		close;	}	switch ( Class ) {		case Job_Swordman: getitem 501, 1; break;		case Job_Mage: getitem 501, 1; break;		case Job_Archer: getitem 501, 1; break;		case Job_Acolyte: getitem 501, 1; break;	//	.... add more		default:			mes "this job ID is not yet done because the author is feeling lazy hahaha";			close;	}	Job_Gift[ Class ] = 1;	mes "have a nice day";	close;}
1 thing good using another npc is you don't have to look at another file when debugging

the bad ... of course, used up a few custom variable, and needs to reminds players to come and get it

Hey annie, the thing is that im trying to give individual gifts for each job. Example: A sniper gets a BG bow. A champion gets a BG knuckle like that so thats y i wanted to know if i can individually giv the gifts from each job quest npc :)