Sign in to follow this  
Cabrera

BG queue announcement

Question

Hey Annie just a suggestion: Could you add an announcement once the random queue starts? Example : 

If i click join bg queue, an announcement is made for that bgid which has been selected randomly (lets say kvm) then announcement is: "The queue for KVM has begun - Go to the Recruiter to join the queue!

Thnx again ^_~

Edited by AnnieRuru
split topic from http://hercules.ws/board/topic/4570-

3 answers to this question

Example : 

If i click join bg queue, an announcement is made for that bgid which has been selected randomly (lets say kvm) then announcement is: "The queue for KVM has begun - Go to the Recruiter to join the queue!

I believe this is done through npc scripting ... not in the source code ...

show your battleground script then I point it out for you

Example : 

I believe this is done through npc scripting ... not in the source code ...

show your battleground script then I point it out for you

Well its the same hercules bg_common txt or is it possible to edit the script you have made as sample? for example: (not too good wid scripts since joining rA/Herc LOL)

u have like 3 select buttons so if those are made to cases then, if case 1: Create BG Team and player who created : xxx then:

Announcement will be : mes "xxx Has created a Bg Team! Go to the battlerecuiter to join it!"

and if Join BG team which is case 2: mes" yyy has joined the BG team! Wanna Join too? Talk to the battlerecruiter!"

and if leave bg then no need announcements cuz that would just spam the crap out of the server lol.

when you talk about bg_queue

it should be this

post-4102-0-25848200-1393260944_thumb.jpg

so note, this battleground system runs real time

the queue is process behind npc script, so there is nothing we can do when somebody starts registering

the script function only start to execute when the queue is full

go to confbattleground.conf

/* feature is not complete */	feature_off: false
change to false, then find KVM (lvl80+), replace with this
	},{		name: "KVM (Level 80 and up)" //must match the name in client files		event: "bg_pvp::OnStart"		minLevel: 1		maxLevel: 150		reward: { // useless ! should be done by npc scripting			win: 0			loss: 0			draw: 0		}		minPlayers: 2 /* minimum amount of players to start */		maxPlayers: 30 /* maximum amount of players. NOTE: I wonder why they set to 60 when MAX_BG_MEMBERS is only 30 */		minTeamPlayers: 999 /* can I off this ? this one is bugged */		delay_var: "BG_PVP_Tick" /* char variable name that will store the delay for this match */		maxDuration: 1 /* maximum duration in minutes ... this one also bugged */		fillDuration: 20 /* time in seconds to wait for more applications when minimum has been reached */		pGameDuration: 20 /* time to wait for players to confirm their attendence after queueing process has finished */	},{
npc script

http://upaste.me/d66e107963faa3a04

oh and my source modification of course

http://herc.ws/board/topic/4570-battleground-system-without-waitingroom/

so how to make this work

1st, click on the [battle] button just below your character info

2nd, select "KVM (Level 80 and up)", then click individual

3rd, dual client another character, then do the same

4th, go back the 1st character, this window should pop up on 1st character, click [Close]

post-4102-0-58261800-1393261262_thumb.jpg

5th wait about 20 seconds, this window should pop up on both characters, both characters click [OK]

post-4102-0-11455000-1393261256_thumb.jpg

.... the rest self-explain, read the script yourself

to announce that the battleground started,

find OnStart: label, add the announcement below by yourself

EDIT:

for those who are testing right now, yes, now you know how bug the system is

Edited by AnnieRuru