Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyPanda

Guild skill problems.

Question

I was planning on making the guild auras a bit more useful by making the aoe 11x11. I ran into some problems, screenshot would make it easier to explain but I'll try without for now.

When you run into a portal / relog in a corner the guild aura is not initialized on unwalkable cells. Like clowns songs vs landprotector when cast in corner.

So when entering a portal inside a castle it will not be initialized for the whole 11x11 area. How do I change that to function similiar to clown songs and get initialized for the whole area even if there is something blocking the way?

I was expecting skill_unit_db to be the answer but the following doesnt seem to work. Its set to 0x040.

0x010(UF_PATHCHECK)    Only cells with a shootable path will be placed 

It's not placing the effect on unshootable cells even though this is not set so I guess I'll have to change something in source.

Edited by GrumpyPanda

1 answer to this question

I got it figured out myself, thought I'd answer myself too in case someone else want to fix this since it happens with a normal sized guild aura as well.

Skill initialisation is done in skill.c. Only this small change was needed.

if( !group->state.song_dance && !group->state.guildaura && !map->getcell(src->m,ux,uy,CELL_CHKREACH) )       continue; // don't place skill units on walls (except for songs/dances/encores/guildauras)