Aeomin

Thor Patcher

Hey guys. Sorry for not being active for a long time (like 2 years?).

I'm still struggling with time and patience to continue on. But will get there! Working on get back to track.

Anyhow, I have decided to abandon version 2.7 and move to v3 due to major changes that are not even marginally close to backward compatible.

For some, this might be good, for others maybe is "WTF R U DOIN?"

For those who already knew what would be in 2.7, yes v3 is going to use json and config (maybe something else, but definitely not ini) and use lua scripts to finer control behaviors.

@@Aeomin

welcome back, I've always loved your work all those years xD

Thanks. I'm still scratching my head over the design for 2.7.

I'm already not very happy on the new configuration. Bad sign.

A quick update.

After days of rushing through, I hereby releasing alpha version of 3.0. This is mainly for those who want get familiar with new setup earlier than completely puzzled later as document is scarce as usual.

There is another reminder to make sure it sticks: ONLY USE FOR TEST PURPOSE, DO NOT RUN IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

@@Aeomin

if you plan to have localization into the patcher, provide me the file as soon as possible so I can translate it to pt-BR for you :P

That feature is been there for years. 3.0 will use json instead ini files though. You will need add a json file in Configuration/Languages. Take Default.json as base template..

Do note that json specification doesn't allow comment, but patcher's parser is generous enough to allow that at this moment.

You will also need to modify Configuration/LanguageMap.json to map the language to locale ID. ID can be found in LCID Dec column at http://msdn.microsoft.com/goglobal/bb964664.aspx

And very important: the language file needs to save in UTF-16 LE with BOM, otherwise patcher might display gibberish.

my brain just exploded now, jk

what I mean is not making a private localization file for me, but one so you can distribute it with the patcher itself :P

my brain just exploded now, jk

what I mean is not making a private localization file for me, but one so you can distribute it with the patcher itself :P

Just give me the files, I will include it. There is no special approval process.

I think there a problem when using the Start func becuase the exe didnt popup when tryed using 2.6.4.9 to 2.6.4.12 but if i try 2.6.4.8 the exe will popup normally.

I think there a problem when using the Start func becuase the exe didnt popup when tryed using 2.6.4.9 to 2.6.4.12 but if i try 2.6.4.8 the exe will popup normally.

That's odd.. there is no related change between 2.6.4.9 and 2.6.4.8. I will take a look though,

When launching with V2.6.4.13 I'm getting this error:
lt3WTTd.png

After I click okay, Thor will start up.

EDIT: I am running Windows 10.

Edited by Lavenblade

lt3WTTd.png

Yes I do receive similar bug report. However I couldn't figure out the reason as I wasn't able to reproduce it on both windows 10 and 8

lt3WTTd.png

Yes I do receive similar bug report. However I couldn't figure out the reason as I wasn't able to reproduce it on both windows 10 and 8
Hmm, that's strange. I'll provide more information if I ever figure out anything else.

Is it possible to release a version that's in debug mode so that I can get you more information on where the error is occuring at runtime?

If not I suppose I'll patiently wait for version 3. :P

Aeomin, do you plan to integrate the loader in the patcher on 3.0?

What loader?

lt3WTTd.png

Hmm, that's strange. I'll provide more information if I ever figure out anything else.

Is it possible to release a version that's in debug mode so that I can get you more information on where the error is occuring at runtime?

If not I suppose I'll patiently wait for version 3. :P

The latest build included the exception handler. It's a third party component I have used long ago. Maybe the version is not compatible with windows 10.

I'll reupload see if remove it would solve the problem.

@@Aeomin

maybe he is talking about the loader like something like "rocred"

The main challenge I would say is that input box. To style windows's input box to a good looking is hard if not impossible. Custom implementation takes a lot of time.

If people are okay with whatever windows's built in one, then I can just export to script API and implement the logic themselves.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but the error only occurs when the Thor Patcher is located in the directory of the RO Client. If it's located anywhere else in the file system, there is no error at all.

EDIT: I tried to test 2.6.4.13b but I am not able to pack the configuration with ConfigGenerator.exe. It says that it fails. Packing works with 2.6.4.13 but not 2.6.4.13b.

Edited by Lavenblade

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but the error only occurs when the Thor Patcher is located in the directory of the RO Client. If it's located anywhere else in the file system, there is no error at all.

EDIT: I tried to test 2.6.4.13b but I am not able to pack the configuration with ConfigGenerator.exe. It says that it fails. Packing works with 2.6.4.13 but not 2.6.4.13b.

Interesting. so something to do with permission then.

Packing works here, maybe you need move patcher out ro client first or run packer in administrator.

Packing works here, maybe you need move patcher out ro client first or run packer in administrator.

Ah, yeah it was a permission issue. I haven't disabled UAC on this new computer.

2.6.4.13b does not have any errors when executed outside OR inside the RO Client directory on a Windows 10 machine. Nice job. :)

Ah, yeah it was a permission issue. I haven't disabled UAC on this new computer.

2.6.4.13b does not have any errors when executed outside OR inside the RO Client directory on a Windows 10 machine. Nice job. :)

Oh that's the cause then.. I will need check updates on that component then

Yes Aeomin, i was asking for loader like rocred.

If you can make it, will be nice :P

See my reply in page 6

Yes Aeomin, i was asking for loader like rocred.

If you can make it, will be nice :P

See my reply in page 6

Yeah, just use windows' boxes, just be aware there are 2 boxes, one plain and another type password  :P