Aeomin

Thor Patcher

Executing diffed ragexe.exe with -Replay parameters will make diffed ragexe.exe enter a Replay playing mode. I just now tried Open URL, and it didn't do anything. "File" mode is working, but currently it only supports executing ragexe.exe without any parameters in it.

Can you make something like this in config.ini:

ClientEXE='ragexe.exe'
ClientParameter='-1rag1'

ClientParameter2='-Replay'

^

It will make something like this:

Start button: ragexe.exe -1rag1

Replay button: ragexe.exe -Replay

Client hash and patcher hashing is a great feature, why would you want to deprecate it? I'm not using it for security. Some people like to use it because it can update the patcher and client to latest version without any patch numbering.

For example, if I change something in the ThorPatcher.exe (button design, etc) they may be able to redownload the new patcher without any hassle. The same also for client hash.

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it :)

I would not accept such hacked addition entries to config file, it is a mess already. You will able to do what you wanted in upcoming major release, but I won't be adding more to config till then.

Hashing is more like hacking. It bloated the code base without making update client/patcher any easier. Also, there are many there just don't know how to do it, so what's the point when one can do the update using patch numbering.

waiting anxiously for the new config file xD

Don't have much time recently. Got some portion migrated, but most importantly, I need get scripting support going since I do not want more hacks in the config file.

A quick announcement: due to certain circumstances, ECMAScript/javascript support is cancelled.

Yea, go ahead and cry all you want.

side note: welcome, lua

@Bug time

You can update a file which the size to "0 bites" because the thor patcher never will end to packing.

Can or can't?

cant* sorry!

The beauty of programming, never underestimate what user can do with it.

Does the file have to replace with size 0 or can be removed? I need time to test edge cases like this, which probably 2,3 weeks later.

@Bug time

You can update a file which the size to "0 bites" because the thor patcher never will end to packing.

Can or can't?

cant* sorry!

Does the file have to replace with size 0 or can be removed? I need time to test edge cases like this, which probably 2,3 weeks later.

When you want to create it! >.<

@Bug time

Can or can't?

cant* sorry!

You want to create files with size 0? I'm not sure why would you want that...but like I said, I don't have the time to investigate right now, finals are coming.

@Bug time

Can or can't?

cant* sorry!

You want to create files with size 0? I'm not sure why would you want that...but like I said, I don't have the time to investigate right now, finals are coming.

I have this experience that I want to share with you.

I was working with a customer once, he wanted me to update a folder called AI_sakray, a fresh and update instalation of this folder.

There is a file called follow.lck (in a folder called USER_AI) and I didnt know that it would bring a lot of problems because of the size is 0 bits.

I had to split the folder "AI_sakray" in many files (.thor) to find out what was the problem.

I have this experience that I want to share with you.

I was working with a customer once, he wanted me to update a folder called AI_sakray, a fresh and update instalation of this folder.

There is a file called follow.lck (in a folder called USER_AI) and I didnt know that it would bring a lot of problems because of the size is 0 bits.

I had to split the folder "AI_sakray" in many files (.thor) to find out what was the problem.

Well, I just received another report with bugs, will have to fix these soon.

Aeomin you should consider putting Thor patcher in a repository like Github. People can update easier & faster xD

Aeomin you should consider putting Thor patcher in a repository like Github. People can update easier & faster xD

But it isn't an open source project...

Wow this was posted on my birthday! lol  :D Anyway, is this compatible with SecureGRF? I tried updating the encrypted grf using thor patcher but the patched/updated files in it are not encrypted anymore. How can I update encrypted grfs without losing it's encryption? Thanks in advance!  :)

Wow this was posted on my birthday! lol  :D Anyway, is this compatible with SecureGRF? I tried updating the encrypted grf using thor patcher but the patched/updated files in it are not encrypted anymore. How can I update encrypted grfs without losing it's encryption? Thanks in advance!  :)

You will have to use other method. If securegrf has the tool to generate grf then use that. You won't able to use .thor in that case.

I see. I think it's not really possible. Will find other ways. Thanks Aeomin :)

Does not work.

The news does not show and the ragexe.exe does not launched when "Start game"

I cannot provide answer for vague description.

Does not work.

The news does not show and the ragexe.exe does not launched when "Start game"

I cannot provide answer for vague description.

Nevermind, I will prefer to use v2.5.x.x which is much more stable for me.

i'm not sure if im doing it right but whenever i remove the patcher from the configuration folder its looking for it. 

Did you pack the data?