Dastgir

item_db.conf to item_db.txt

Hello,

I see many users having some problem with new item_Db format, stating that it cannot be used with the Old Tools available, and there's no tool to parse the new item_db.conf

So I made this script, which converts item_db.conf to item_db.txt , (and you can change the syntax of item_db.txt too)

Script: https://github.com/dastgirpojee/LuaScripts/tree/master/Lua/conf2db

ReadMe.MD shows how to use it..

Usage:

1)Copy item_db.conf to "conf2db" Folder.2)Just run the "conf2db.bat" and Enter some details of file.Format(If Asked):Usage: conf2db.lua {FileName} {Output} {Format(RE,or see below)}.Format: #id #script #View, [Case-insensitive]Default: #ID,#AegisName,#Name,#Type,#Buy,#Sell,#Weight,#Atk:#Matk,#Def,#Range,#Slots,#Job,#Upper,#Gender,#Loc,#wLV,#eLV,#Refine,#View,{ #Script },{ #OnEquipScript },{ #OnUnequipScript } [Case-insensitive]Additional Parameter: #eqmax #eqmin(max and minimum equip level) [Case-insensitive]

P.S: I made the script just for the users who wanted to use old Tools.. and hercules cannot read .txt item_db..

tested with param "RE"  , doc was converted to old format successfully ,and also support

Chinese charset

Enter .Conf FileName: item_db.confEnter Output FileName: item_db.txtEnter Format("RE",Or see README.md): "RE"----------------------------------------------------------- ItemDB Conf to Txt ------------------------- By Dastgir[Hercules] ---------------------------------------------------------------- Checking     item_db.conf     for Total items---- Total Items Found   =      8112--Writing ItemDB contents to    item_db.txtPress any key to continue . . .

,but tested with default params ,my console show the below warnings , and some Chinese words become different words after converting

Enter .Conf FileName: item_db.confEnter Output FileName: item_db.txtEnter Format("RE",Or see README.md): #ID,#AegisName,#Name,#Type,#Buy,#Sell,#Weight,#Atk:#Matk,#Def,#Range,#Slots,#Job,#Upper,#Gender,#Loc,#wLV,#eLV,#Refine,#View,{ #Script },{ #OnEquipScript },{ #OnUnequipScript } [Case-insensitive]----------------------------------------------------------- ItemDB Conf to Txt ------------------------- By Dastgir[Hercules] ---------------------------------------------------------------- Checking     item_db.conf     for Total items---- Total Items Found   =      8112--Writing ItemDB contents to    item_db.txtlua.exe: replace.lua:211: invalid use of '%' in replacement stringstack traceback:        [C]: in function 'gsub'        replace.lua:211: in main chunk        [C]: in ?Press any key to continue . . .

and I notice the param [Case-insensitive]  not  working properply

Case insensitive means

#UPPER or #upper or #UpPeR means the same.. its not an parameter..

and it seems that #U and pper in 2nd case got seperated by space or newline, I would anyways check for that error, and make it to give warning and show if wrong format is used.

Case insensitive means

#UPPER or #upper or #UpPeR means the same.. its not an parameter..

and it seems that #U and pper in 2nd case got seperated by space or newline, I would anyways check for that error, and make it to give warning and show if wrong format is used.

Thxn, I was wondering would it be possible to keep the original alphabet case of the AegisName field after converted?

I dont think value of any parameter is changed.. only parameter is case insensitive, while value remains the same,

Can you send me full or a part of your itemdb.conf, so I can actually test with chinese charset(as you said, it converts to weird chars)

I dont think value of any parameter is changed.. only parameter is case insensitive, while value remains the same,

Can you send me full or a part of your itemdb.conf, so I can actually test with chinese charset(as you said, it converts to weird chars)

my test input

Enter .Conf FileName: item_db.conf

Enter Output FileName: item_db.txt

Enter Format("RE",Or see README.md): #ID,#AegisName,#Name,#Type,#Buy,#Sell,#Weight,#Atk:#Matk,#Def,#Range,#Slots,#Job,U

pper,#Gender,#Loc,#wLV,#eLV,#Refine,#View,{ #Script },{ #OnEquipScript },{ #OnUnequipScript } [Case-insensitive]

-----------------------------------------------

------------ ItemDB Conf to Txt ---------------

---------- By Dastgir[Hercules] ---------------

-- Checking item_db.conf for Total items

---- Total Items Found =   8112

--Writing ItemDB contents to   item_db.txt

lua.exe: replace.lua:211: invalid use of '%' in replacement string

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'gsub'

replace.lua:211: in main chunk

[C]: in ?

Press any key to continue . . .

original item_db.conf

{

Id: 521

AegisName: "Leaflet_Of_Aloe"

Name: "蘆薈葉子"

Type: 0

Buy: 360

Weight: 20

Upper: 63

Script: <" itemheal rand(325,405),0; ">

},

{

Id: 522

AegisName: "Fruit_Of_Mastela"

Name: "瑪絲黛拉果實"

Buy: 8500

Weight: 30

Script: <" itemheal rand(400,600),0; ">

},

{

Id: 525

AegisName: "Panacea"

Name: "萬能藥"

Buy: 500

Weight: 100

Script: <"

sc_end SC_POISON;

sc_end SC_SILENCE;

sc_end SC_BLIND;

sc_end SC_CONFUSION;

sc_end SC_CURSE;

sc_end SC_ILLUSION;

">

},

{

Id: 529

AegisName: "Candy"

Name: "糖果"

Buy: 10

Script: <" itemheal rand(45,65),0; ">

},

The output item_db.txt ,  Some Chinese letters  were changed after converting, and AegisName was changed to lowercase letter

521,leaflet_of_aloe,葉子,0,360,,20,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(325,405),0;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

522,fruit_of_mastela,瑪絲,0,8500,,30,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(400,600),0;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

525,panacea,能藥,0,500,,100,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ sc_end sc_poison; sc_end sc_silence; sc_end sc_blind; sc_end sc_confusion; sc_end sc_curse; sc_end sc_illusion;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

529,candy,糖,0,10,,30,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(45,65),0;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

Here is part of my item_db.conf

item_db.7z

Edited by Angelmelody

my test input

Enter Format("RE",Or see README.md): #ID,#AegisName,#Name,#Type,#Buy,#Sell,#Weight,#Atk:#Matk,#Def,#Range,#Slots,#Job,U

pper,#Gender,#Loc,#wLV,#eLV,#Refine,#View,{ #Script },{ #OnEquipScript },{ #OnUnequipScript } [Case-insensitive]

stack traceback:

original item_db.conf

{

},

{

},

{

sc_end SC_POISON;

sc_end SC_SILENCE;

sc_end SC_BLIND;

sc_end SC_CONFUSION;

sc_end SC_CURSE;

sc_end SC_ILLUSION;

">

},

{

},

The output item_db.txt ,  Some Chinese letters  were changed after converting, and AegisName was changed to lowercase letter

521,leaflet_of_aloe,葉子,0,360,,20,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(325,405),0;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

522,fruit_of_mastela,瑪絲,0,8500,,30,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(400,600),0;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

525,panacea,能藥,0,500,,100,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ sc_end sc_poison; sc_end sc_silence; sc_end sc_blind; sc_end sc_confusion; sc_end sc_curse; sc_end sc_illusion;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

529,candy,糖,0,10,,30,:,,,,,63,,,,,,,{ itemheal rand(45,65),0;  },{},{} [case-insensitive]

attachicon.gifitem_db.7z

Thanks for sharing your item_db.conf.

Fixed All Errors as stated by you on @r9, Get a new copy of conf2db.lua and try it.

my test input

stack traceback:

original item_db.conf

{

},

{

},

{

sc_end SC_POISON;

sc_end SC_SILENCE;

sc_end SC_BLIND;

sc_end SC_CONFUSION;

sc_end SC_CURSE;

sc_end SC_ILLUSION;

">

},

{

},

attachicon.gifitem_db.7z

Fixed All Errors as stated by you on @r9, Get a new copy of conf2db.lua and try it.

thx , everything works perfectly :no1:

my test input

stack traceback:

original item_db.conf

{

},

{

},

{

sc_end SC_POISON;

sc_end SC_SILENCE;

sc_end SC_BLIND;

sc_end SC_CONFUSION;

sc_end SC_CURSE;

sc_end SC_ILLUSION;

">

},

{

},

attachicon.gifitem_db.7z

today I fund a small bug :   " will  change to "

{

Id: 1824

AegisName: "BF_Knuckle2"

Name: "Brave Battle Fist"

Type: 4

Buy: 20

Atk: 30

Range: 1

Job: 0x00008100

Loc: 2

WeaponLv: 3

EquipLv: 80

View: 12

bonus bStr,2;

bonus bInt,1;

bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,95;

bonus2 bVariableCastrate,MO_EXTREMITYFIST,-25;

autobonus "{ bonus2 bVariableCastrate,"MO_EXTREMITYFIST",-100; }",50,6000,BF_WEAPON,"{ specialeffect2 EF_SUFFRAGIUM; }";

bonus bUnbreakableWeapon,0;

">

},

1824,BF_Knuckle2,Brave Battle Fist,4,20,,,30,,1,,0x8100,63,,2,3,80,,12,{bonus bStr,2; bonus bInt,1; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,95; bonus2 bVariableCastrate,MO_EXTREMITYFIST,-25; autobonus "{ bonus2 bVariableCastrate,"MO_EXTREMITYFIST",-100;  }",50,6000,BF_WEAPON,"{ specialeffect2 EF_SUFFRAGIUM;  }"; bonus bUnbreakableWeapon,0; },{},{}

my test input

stack traceback:

original item_db.conf

{

},

{

},

{

sc_end SC_POISON;

sc_end SC_SILENCE;

sc_end SC_BLIND;

sc_end SC_CONFUSION;

sc_end SC_CURSE;

sc_end SC_ILLUSION;

">

},

{

},

attachicon.gifitem_db.7z

today I fund a small bug :   " will  change to "

{

Id: 1824

AegisName: "BF_Knuckle2"

Name: "Brave Battle Fist"

Type: 4

Buy: 20

Atk: 30

Range: 1

Job: 0x00008100

Loc: 2

WeaponLv: 3

EquipLv: 80

View: 12

bonus bStr,2;

bonus bInt,1;

bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,95;

bonus2 bVariableCastrate,MO_EXTREMITYFIST,-25;

autobonus "{ bonus2 bVariableCastrate,"MO_EXTREMITYFIST",-100; }",50,6000,BF_WEAPON,"{ specialeffect2 EF_SUFFRAGIUM; }";

bonus bUnbreakableWeapon,0;

">

},

1824,BF_Knuckle2,Brave Battle Fist,4,20,,,30,,1,,0x8100,63,,2,3,80,,12,{bonus bStr,2; bonus bInt,1; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,95; bonus2 bVariableCastrate,MO_EXTREMITYFIST,-25; autobonus "{ bonus2 bVariableCastrate,"MO_EXTREMITYFIST",-100;  }",50,6000,BF_WEAPON,"{ specialeffect2 EF_SUFFRAGIUM;  }"; bonus bUnbreakableWeapon,0; },{},{}

Seems like, my last commit broke that code,

@r10 : Fixed..

I've updated to r10 , but I can't convert conf to txt any more

Sorry for keep bothering you :blush:

Enter .Conf FileName: item_db.confEnter Output FileName: item_db.txtEnter Format("RE",Or see README.md): #ID,#AegisName,#Name,#Type,#Buy,#Sell,#Weight,#Atk:#Matk,#Def,#Range,#Slots,#Job,#Upper,#Gender,#Loc,#wLV,#eLV,#Refine,#View,{ #Script },{ #OnEquipScript },{ #OnUnequipScript } [Case-insensitive]----------------------------------------------------------- ItemDB Conf to Txt ------------------------- By Dastgir[Hercules] ---------------------------------------------------------------- Putting      item_db.conf     Items into Memorylua.exe: replace.lua:81: [string "item_db = {..."]:100831: unexpected symbol near ')'stack traceback:        [C]: in function 'assert'        replace.lua:81: in main chunk        [C]: in ?Press any key to continue . . .

Enter .Conf FileName: item_db.confEnter Output FileName: item_db.txtEnter Format("RE",Or see README.md): #ID,#AegisName,#Name,#Type,#Buy,#Sell,#Weight,#Atk:#Matk,#Def,#Range,#Slots,#Job,#Upper,#Gender,#Loc,#wLV,#eLV,#Refine,#View,{ #Script },{ #OnEquipScript },{ #OnUnequipScript } [Case-insensitive]----------------------------------------------------------- ItemDB Conf to Txt ------------------------- By Dastgir[Hercules] ---------------------------------------------------------------- Putting      item_db.conf     Items into Memorylua.exe: replace.lua:81: [string "item_db = {..."]:100831: unexpected symbol near ')'stack traceback:        [C]: in function 'assert'        replace.lua:81: in main chunk        [C]: in ?Press any key to continue . . .

Sorry for delay, I updated the script, run the conf2db.lua and just enable the logs(new option @r13) and send me item_db_conversion.log

Sorry for delay, I updated the script, run the conf2db.lua and just enable the logs(new option @r13) and send me item_db_conversion.log

test with English conf works perfectly, but test with Chinese characters conf got errors

here is log file item_db_conversion.7z

The Last ")" was not found, or there was extra ")", anyways I improved the converter, and you can try the file @r14

The Last ")" was not found, or there was extra ")", anyways I improved the converter, and you can try the file @r14

All issues have been fixed , Everything Is Working Perfectly with r14  :no1:

Hmmmm total newbie. After i converted the item_db.conf into item_db.txt

How can i put that into hercules? Should i just copy and paste? Or should try to rename it to .conf. Coz either way it is giving me a way LOT or warnings and errors.

=== EDIT

It seems the server is bound to read .conf for item databases. How to change that?

Edited by gidzdlcrz

How can i put that into hercules? Should i just copy and paste? Or should try to rename it to .conf. Coz either way it is giving me a way LOT or warnings and errors.

=== EDIT

It seems the server is bound to read .conf for item databases. How to change that?

Server software has stopped reading that messy txt file for the new, more readable conf file. You should use the new format on your server if it runs an Hercules version newer than when the update was introduced. However, you can use this Dastgir tool to convert back to .txt and Haruna's converter to conf whenever you find it convenient.

=== EDIT

Server software has stopped reading that messy txt file for the new, more readable conf file. You should use the new format on your server if it runs an Hercules version newer than when the update was introduced. However, you can use this Dastgir tool to convert back to .txt and Haruna's converter to conf whenever you find it convenient.

Yeah thats the problem. I want to use the latest pull from hercules git but want to use the old item database. So i guess that there is no other way around to revert back to the old item db. Thanks anyways!

You should actually give a chance to it, since it's more like a win-win situation. Only drawback is that it's possible (not sure) that item parsing will be few milliseconds slower, but gives lots of advantages worth to give a test in.

You should actually give a chance to it, since it's more like a win-win situation. Only drawback is that it's possible (not sure) that item parsing will be few milliseconds slower, but gives lots of advantages worth to give a test in.

Yes. in fact im working on it. Since i do have both rA and Herc. but still giving me a hard time. Hehe. Thanks! :)

Yes. in fact im working on it. Since i do have both rA and Herc. but still giving me a hard time. Hehe. Thanks! :)

You should actually give a try to use item_db.conf, since its easy to use + easy to understand..