Cydh

Extending item_db.conf

First, please don't feel strange if I make new post as suggestion here. Thank you.

We know that on of many differences between Hercules and other emu is on item_db.conf. I feel 'the new' format file & item_db structure can provides some item_db values that currently are separated, like item_buyingstore.txt, item_delay.txt, item_trade.txt, item_nouse.txt, item_stack.txt, and item_avail.txt.

I have suggestion to move those separated file to item_db.conf format:

• Buyingstore: Yes //item_buyingstore.txt
  • Delay: <duration> //item_delay.txt
  • Trade: <flag>,<override> //item_trade.txt
  • Nouse: <flag>,<override> //item_nouse.txt
  • Stack: <amount>,<flag> //or sperated values instead of use a flag, <inventory>,<cart>,<storage>,<guild storage> //item_stack.txt
  • Sprite: <item_id> //item_avail.txt

When those files are merged, then, the sql table for item_db can stores those values too.

And maybe, later some db files can be merge to be one file like mob_db, skill, item creation, etc.

(actually I'm doing something on 'other' emu related SQL - TXT databases then found that Herc's item_db.conf the only one can merges some separated item dbs)

Edited by Cydh

First, please don't feel strange if I make new post as suggestion here. Thank you.

We know that on of many differences between Hercules and other emu is on item_db.conf. I feel 'the new' format file & item_db structure can provides some item_db values that currently are separated, like item_buyingstore.txt, item_delay.txt, item_trade.txt, item_nouse.txt, item_stack.txt, and item_avail.txt.

I have suggestion to move those separated file to item_db.conf format:

• Buyingstore: Yes //item_buyingstore.txt
  • Delay: <duration> //item_delay.txt
  • Trade: <flag>,<override> //item_trade.txt
  • Nouse: <flag>,<override> //item_nouse.txt
  • Stack: <amount>,<flag> //item_stack.txt
  • Sprite: <item_id> //item_avail.txt

When those files are merged, then, the sql table for item_db can stores those values too.

And maybe, later some db files can be merge to be one file like mob_db, skill, item creation, etc.

(actually I'm doing something on 'other' emu related SQL - TXT databases then found that Herc's item_db.conf the only one can merges some separated item dbs)

Everyone is welcome to give suggestion :)

+1 For Additional options on item_db.conf.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea. We can get ride of the other text files and just add it into the item_db o-o

I hope you realise we aren't bothered by any affiliation with (or the mention of) *Athena or other emulators. Suggestions are welcome, and I personally appreciate this one; something I've always looked forward to seeing was an eventual merge or centralisation of item data into the item_db.conf file.

+1, all the way. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Cydh. :^)

we would have to save those item_trade and all those in sql's too if we decide to centralize them. which is good. FluxCP can be extended :wub: , to show that its available on buyingstore, and its non-tradable, and all those..

we would have to save those item_trade and all those in sql's too if we decide to centralize them. which is good. FluxCP can be extended :wub: , to show that its available on buyingstore, and its non-tradable, and all those..

yup, that's my idea in "other world", so we can put some sperated item db files for item_db table, can be used for CP.

I already done this sql thing in "other world", also fine in testing.

Seems, I can try that on Herc too, and try make .diff or PR maybe

yup, that's my idea in "other world", so we can put some sperated item db files for item_db table, can be used for CP.

I already done this sql thing in "other world", also fine in testing.

Seems, I can try that on Herc too, and try make .diff or PR maybe

I have the server-side part ready(so, i maybe will open pull request), to read all things, but SQL part is not done till now...

This is an excellent idea, Cydh.

Thank you for the suggestion. Not sure why we didn't think of it before :P

This is an excellent idea, Cydh.

Thank you for the suggestion. Not sure why we didn't think of it before :P

welcome. /ok

btw, thank's to Dastgir who added it here. /no1