Olrox

Browedit 2.0 - a new revision by Borf

Hi there fellow mappers,

after years of being out of business from Ragnarok, i'll start again and find this precious revision. Amazing work.

No lag anymore. More cores for rendering. Great work!!

Ive been working for years with the old 586 and 620 browedits, before i stopped playing ragnarok and i didnt think there will be an update. But look at this. Neat!

Cant wait for the new releases.

Borf, if you read this - keep up the good work! You're doing awesome work for the people out there.

Ingma

Those are really nice words :3 thanks

Oh yea, there is a lot of progress with browedit 2, but xD now I'm the lazy one. I have been really busy like never, that I didnt had time to update the revisions that borf did, at this thread. But I'm going to do it this weekend I promise. There are new cool features like saving, quadtree, terrain edit mode, and new tools!

Revision 272 added. (2014-08-21_browedit_20_rev-272.rar)

Development highlights:

[*]Major Update: GND, RSW, GAT, Saving (experimental) needs to confirm quadtree

[*]Major Update: Height or Ground edit mode under progress

[*]Major Update: debugging tool "rsw2json" helps to debug browedit more efficiently

[*]Major Update: Water rendering (check screenshots)

[*]Cool gradient in window background, makes it look like a 2014 design software imo :P

[*]Undo (ctrl+z) for texture edite mode and object edit mode for now.

[*]New movement arrow tools based in 3D enviroment for rotating, scaling, and moving. (look spoiler screenshots)

[*]Quadtree generator implemented and improved (experimental for now, use "Q" hotkey to test)

[*]Model properties window is working better now by fixing some small crashes

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy06b3ds5r80gcb/AAAUNcW0YltlirAdan00EZvPa

All development credits to Borf.

Screenshots:

fthq377.jpg

r8akJwS.jpg

y64dPND.jpg

7hfjVpd.png

So, I can see the texture panel, and it doesn't crash, but I can't see any of the map components. Anyone else experience this and/or know a fix?

@Eiphes

Hi :P I dont know if you are posting at the other thread, or there is another guy with the same problem at rA, let me know to post at only one place, /me is confused. Regarding the problem, I'm going to ask borf about it today, also, someone posted a SS with the console output. This is kinda like the rendering is not working, and you miss all, which is weird.

Revision 279 added. (2014-08-28_browedit_20_rev-279.rar)

Development highlights:

[*]Major Update: Mirror or Simmetry at object edit mode: allows to mirror complete maps at the RSW file. Useful for simmetry maps. Experimental for now. (press M to simmetry)

[*]Major Update: Bug reporting: Extension, once you have a crash, a crashlog can be send to borf by mail.

[*]Major Update: Height edit mode: Initial work at this mode. Left click to select an amount of tiles, right click and drag to add height or decrease it. Look for the radial menu (spacebar) to find the "height edit tools option" and disable the smoothness at heights.

[*]General bugs fixed and clean ups. :P

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy06b3ds5r80gcb/AAAUNcW0YltlirAdan00EZvPa

All development credits to Borf.

Screenshots:

RBY23UQ.png

MvLFHEh.png

AaiMbc1.jpg

im trying to open other map and as soon as i click menu>Open it crashes...

You should make possible to load maps made with other versions, for me is imposible to edit any map other than original prontera.

Edited by moraru

unable to find configuration file, please type the configuration filename"

the following didn't work:

- config.default

- config.default.json

- configs/config.default

- configs/config.default.json

- config

Hello there. My browedit crashes with "Unable to open GND file: data/.gnd" + alot of error loading texture

What to do?

Tnx.

{	"resolution" : [ 1600, 800 ],	"data" :	{		"ropath" : "F:GamesOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwn Ragnarok Online",		"grfs" :		[			"F:GamesOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwn Ragnarok Onlinedata.grf",			"F:GamesOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwn Ragnarok OnlineHdata.grf",			"F:GamesOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwnRO.grf",			"F:GamesOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwn Ragnarok Onlinerdata.grf",			"F:GamesOwn Ragnarok OnlineOwn Ragnarok OnlineYdata.grf"		]	},	"moveconsole" : true,	"hideconsole" : false,	"defaultmap" : "",	"skiploadingscreen" : true,	"threadedrendering" : true,	"backgroundworkers" : true,	"fov" : 45,	"vsync" : false}
Edited by Allukard

For some reason, the only version working for me is the stable 620. These new versions either has some missing files or simply can't run the app.

[          MainThread][08:34:13:013]    Loading configuration...[          MainThread][08:34:13:016]    Unable to find configuration file, please type the configuration filename

[          MainThread][08:34:13:013]    Loading configuration...[          MainThread][08:34:13:016]    Unable to find configuration file, please type the configuration filename

same problem?

Browedit.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "FOLDERbroweditpackageBrowedit.exe" at 0023:00F1E472

Image dump:

EP9qB2W.png

Edited by sbk_

I'm getting an error.

669bdae455746e5eb5f75564a06ff082.png

My config is:

{	"resolution" : [ 1280, 700 ],	"data" :	{		"ropath" : "C:/ValRO/ValRO/",		"grfs" :		[			"C:/ValRO/ValRO/data.grf"			"C:/ValRO/ValRO/sdata.grf"		]	},	"moveconsole" : true,	"hideconsole" : false,	"skiploadingscreen" : false,	"threadedrendering" : true,	"backgroundworkers" : true,	"fov" : 45,	"vsync" : false}

Can anyone tell me what might be causing it, and how to fix it?

Edit: Just noticed the machine information window was blank:

cqznpuO.png

Edited by Azure Knight

You need to add a comma after the first GRF location (since you specify more than one GRF).

Might not resolve all of the issues, but iirc that's the way it's supposed to be.

Change:

"C:/ValRO/ValRO/data.grf"

To:

"C:/ValRO/ValRO/data.grf",

Notice the added comma... lol.