Encryption protects your files' content and nothing more. It could protect the GRF's file table, but then you wouldn't be able to update your GRF with patchers... unless you made a custom patcher!

can you add that feature on GRF Editor? i want to have one grf untouched by player

Bugreport related to GRF Editor & Encryption.

What i have:

1. lzma compressed grfs (some of them)
  2. some of grfs not compressed by lzma (default compressing)
  3. some of grfs have redirected indexes.
  4. i'm add some grf to encryption, (do not modify client), and when i replaced encrypted grf with the old one -> client imposible to start.

The reason of this problem was in folder name where Ragnarok online files stored.

My folder name contains russian characters + "spaces".

After renaming to "only english characters name of the folder without spaces", all start to work fine.

Edited by UltraCat

GRF Editor + GRF Encryption with 2012-04-10 wont start the game client at folders, where russian characters exist.

For example

C:GamesНовая папкаRAGNAROK -> will not work

C:GamesNew FolderRAGNAROK -> will work fine

Is there a full change log? 

Also, in the newer versions I can't seem to find the GAT Editor that I loved. :x

Changelogs can be found in the first page description (may not be updated though). This Gat Editor had no reason to be in a GRF editor so it's been removed.

>is it possible to prevent opening the encrypted grf that encrypted by GRF Editor with other grf editor (ie: grfbuild, etc), player can merge the file via merge folder or merge grf

Encryption protects your files' content and nothing more. It could protect the GRF's file table, but then you wouldn't be able to update your GRF with patchers... unless you made a custom patcher!

Dear Tokei, please take a look about problem above.

The problem in next:

when i use grf encryption for grfs i can't run game client (exe 2012-04-10) if it located at any folder with russian characters (non english)

How reproduce

1. Create folder: D:какая-то папкаsomethingRO

2. Place your encrypted files inside

3. Run Client -> it wont run, because of russian characters in path name....

But, if you rename "какая-то папка" to "some folder", you able to run game client with encrypted grfs again...

Grf encryption

The encryption feature has been enabled again. It's similar to what it used to be and it has been tested on client versions ranging from 2012-08-01 to 2014-02-05. Some error messages will be displayed if necessary. If you have an issue, copy the error message (with the code, if there's one) and send me the client executable with the cps.dll file generated by GRF Editor. There shouldn't be compatibility issues anymore though!

I have tested with 2014-04-16a and its works.

@Tokeiburu. I have some question.

How to update grf with encrypt grf ?

Let me explain.

1. I make a grf called, 24012015.grf (contains custom maps)
  2. I encrypt it with my password
  3. I update it to my web server
  4. Update my files using thor patcher
  5. Finish

Its true the step I make ? Is my custom maps will encrypt same with other files ? I just need confirmation. Thanks you.

Edited by mrlongshen

I have tested with 2014-04-16a and its works.

@Tokeiburu. I have some question.

How to update grf with encrypt grf ?

Let me explain.

• I make a grf called, 24012015.grf (contains custom maps)
  • I encrypt it with my password
  • I update it to my web server
  • Update my files using thor patcher
  • Finish
Its true the step I make ? Is my custom maps will encrypt same with other files ? I just need confirmation. Thanks you.

I haven't fully tested this method (I usually use Thor files for patching instead). But yes, it will encrypt the files you selected in the GRF and overwrite or add those to your server's default GRF.

@@Tokeiburu ok thanks.

Sir help me. I have separate my item.grf, I have secure it with your security.

May I know why all my item.grf got corrupted?  :(

Going to need a lot more information. You can't view encrypted content, that's a given.

Oh cool, you figured out thor format.

I took a glance your implementation, it seems fine.

One recommendation though. The "Mode" you are referring (0x21, 0x30) is actually version number. While there are earlier versions, they are already dropped. The plan is drop out 0x21 in the future.

So even for patching patcher and client, use 0x30 is good enough. The reason I use 0x21 in thormaker only because when 0x30 came out, people needs upgrade old patcher but those of course won't able to read it.

All the version after that will recognize it, there is no special treatment during patching. And what happens after all these years? "If it's not broken, don't fix it" (terrible btw).

So always use 0x30 when creating thor file if that makes your life easier. 

Will there be any more format change?

Maybe.. I do have some ideas floating around to have some kind extensible format, but I don't think it justify the needs right now. Will likely open specification if it ever happens though.

Heya, this .lub can be decompiled just fine. Are you sure you're using the latest version?

Sorry, I didn't clearly elaborate it , Setting the encoding to 950 will get stuck, but works fine with encoding 1252.

post-98-0-86297300-1469933016_thumb.png

-- An unhandled exception has been caught : 長度不可以小於零。
參數名稱: length

I guess maybe the possible causes are here:

post-98-0-47040800-1469933631_thumb.png

Here is my grf editor version:

post-98-0-71731500-1469932869_thumb.png

Edited by Angelmelody

Hi,

I have a question about the encryption function, it works when I'm using your tool and the program is asking for the key, however, when using gryff I can freely access the encrypted file.

just because you can access it, it doesn't mean the files can be read.

Each file you access like this should be unuseable