Could you possibly explain how to drag and drop .lub files back into the editor to "re-pack" them in the .grf after you have edited them.... drag and drop is not working, the cursor remains a circle with a slash through it....

Could you possibly explain how to drag and drop .lub files back into the editor to "re-pack" them in the .grf after you have edited them.... drag and drop is not working, the cursor remains a circle with a slash through it....

That issue usually happens if you start the application in a non-standard way. The application needs the same privileges as Windows Explorer for the drag and drop features to be enabled, otherwise the communication is blocked. If you're right-clicking the application and using "Run as administrator", then please do not use that. Simply double-click the shortcut or the GRF file, and it should be working as expected.

If you've changed your UAC settings recently, then I'd suggest you to restart your computer as Windows Explorer does not automatically update its privileges.

For more information : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/patricka/archive/2010/01/28/q-why-doesn-t-drag-and-drop-work-when-my-application-is-running-elevated-a-mandatory-integrity-control-and-uipi.aspx

Hello,

can i request "zoom" feature on preview? especially on sprite.

is it possible?

thank you

Sorry for the huge delay, yes that's possible. The latest revision now supports zooming on common images (1.7.3.2+  http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h).

W6W5dvH.png

Sir, how to make a patcher .thor with a secure grf ?

I have pack it, the data not enter the grf file.

Edited by mrlongshen

For GRF Editor's encryption : http://herc.ws/board/topic/6047-grf-editor/?p=44463

For SecureGRF : 

Make your patch GRF, encrypt it SecureGRF, open it with GRF Editor, File > Save as... > anything.thor. Go in Container options > Patch mode > "Merge into GRF".

For GRF Editor's encryption : http://herc.ws/board/topic/6047-grf-editor/?p=44463

For SecureGRF : 

Make your patch GRF, encrypt it SecureGRF, open it with GRF Editor, File > Save as... > anything.thor. Go in Container options > Patch mode > "Merge into GRF".

@@Tokeiburu thanks . its working xD

I got some kind of crash when viewing some models, I hope this can help you

Hmm, it seems the RSM might be using the same texture twice (which is not supposed to happen!). Let me know if this update (http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h) fixed your issue. Otherwise, send me your model file.

Update fixes :

• Duplicate textures are merged together.
  • Root mesh wasn't always the correct one (happens when multiple meshes have the root name).
  • Changed the default shading to "Flat shading".
  • Fixed a big texture issue.

4sdmvZ1.png

can you make we be able to multi select? (http://i.imgur.com/Lc8qMMV.png)

I used to use grf tool to extract only text files, wanted to do the same with grf editor (without the need of ctrl+click)

Can you clarify or give me an example of this multi-selection? Currently :

• You can change the state of an item selection with Ctrl-LeftClick
  • You can select a range of items with Shift+LeftClick
  • You can select all items with Ctrl-A.
  • You can unselect all items with Ctrl-<.
  • Edit : You can copy the name of the file(s) with Ctrl-C.
  • Edit : You can extract files quickly with Alt-MouseMove (slow).

Edited by Tokeiburu

I had a really great idea: what if when browsing an grf, let's say that I liked an item from kRO grf and then there was an option to "extract" that item and it would extract all related files about that item, like: drop sprites/act, equipped sprites/act, collection and item bmp images and even the related part of it in ItemInfo file into a single data folder or even better, a new file that would be a bundle of everything just like the .sde file concept of the server db editor, so we would be able to provide customs for download in an even better format that would be handled by the grf editor wiht something like "add/export item" and it would add all necessary files to the grf and even the entry in ItemInfo file (and even add the option to change itemID and an option to set viewID or just auto select viewID), that would really make things easy to work with custom items! hope I was clear enough lol

I had a really great idea: what if when browsing an grf, let's say that I liked an item from kRO grf and then there was an option to "extract" that item and it would extract all related files about that item, like: drop sprites/act, equipped sprites/act, collection and item bmp images and even the related part of it in ItemInfo file into a single data folder or even better, a new file that would be a bundle of everything just like the .sde file concept of the server db editor, so we would be able to provide customs for download in an even better format that would be handled by the grf editor wiht something like "add/export item" and it would add all necessary files to the grf and even the entry in ItemInfo file (and even add the option to change itemID and an option to set viewID or just auto select viewID), that would really make things easy to work with custom items! hope I was clear enough lol

That... would actually be rather awesome ;O. Which format would these be though? I was thinking about using the zip archives; I could... 'translate' the folder names, since this is how most custom items are uploaded anyway, something similar to :

Itemmysprite.bmp

Collectionmysprite.bmp

Inventorymysprite.act/spr

Ingamemale_sprite.spr/act

Ingamefemale_sprite.spr/act

itemInfo.lua

etc

That would work, but I'd probably have to detect which file is which in the end, to be able to read all currently uploaded zip custom sprites on rAthena and Hercules. If you have a better idea, let me know. I can't start this feature right now though, so... it'll take some time before I even begin to be implement it xD.

zip is fine or whatever you want to :D take your time dude! your tools are really nice, if they even existed back in 2006~ RO emulator world would be so different lol

Hello Tokeiburu,

I have a question. Why I cant open some of the files using the GRF Editor? I am having an Error. Like This:

post-9806-0-80829800-1435408293_thumb.png

And the message on it is:

--------------          Message          --------------Unrecognized file format (GAT).--------------        Stack trace        --------------   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler._reportAnyManagedExceptions(String message, Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler.Handle(Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)   at GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.FilePreviewTab._baseLoad(FileEntry entry)   at GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.FilePreviewTab.<Update>b__2()   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()--------------         Exception         --------------GRF.Core.Exceptions.FileFormatException: Unrecognized file format (GAT).   at GRF.FileFormats.GatFormat.GatHeader..ctor(IBinaryReader data)   at GRF.FileFormats.GatFormat.Gat..ctor(IBinaryReader data, GatPreviewFormat previewFormat)   at GRF.Image.ImageProvider.GetImage(Byte[] dataDecompressed, String extension)   at GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.PreviewMapGat._load(FileEntry entry)   at GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.FilePreviewTab._baseLoad(FileEntry entry)

Please help me. I want to extract some files that I got online specially those maps.

Hello Tokeiburu,

I have a question. Why I cant open some of the files using the GRF Editor? I am having an Error. Like This:

attachicon.giferror.png

And the message on it is:

Please help me. I want to extract some files that I got online specially those maps.

This error can be from multiple reasons... the file was encrypted, it can be using a different compression method, the content is, like the error says, not a gat one, etc.

@Tokei

Option, that allowed extraction in AppData folder has disappeared. ^ ^; It's removed from GRF Editor?

It was quite comfortable in some situations like extracting lot's of files from different GRF in different folders one by one right in one output folder.

Is it possible, some kind of notification or something when opening GRF editor, which says new version available?

@@Tokeiburu

If you dont mind, can you create an option that allow user to set a custom directory as default file extracting location ?

Sometime feel kinda lost to find the files I extracted when I opened more than 1 GRF to extract files.

@Tokei

Option, that allowed extraction in AppData folder has disappeared. ^ ^; It's removed from GRF Editor?

It was quite comfortable in some situations like extracting lot's of files from different GRF in different folders one by one right in one output folder.

Updated to 1.7.7.4; the option has been brought back. 

Is it possible, some kind of notification or something when opening GRF editor, which says new version available?

There used to be a similar feature before in GRFE, but it was too troublesome to maintain and I dropped it. On the other hand, I don't plan on updating GRF Editor much at all anymore. No new tools will be added to the software; the only remaining updates would be the lub decompiler (which has yet to be fixed/completed) and other bug fixes, which should be very rare by now.

@@Tokeiburu

If you dont mind, can you create an option that allow user to set a custom directory as default file extracting location ?

Sometime feel kinda lost to find the files I extracted when I opened more than 1 GRF to extract files.

Updated to 1.7.7.5. By default the files are extracted where your GRF has been opened, you can now change that from Tools > Settings > General > Override default extraction path > Edit the [Roaming folder] path.

is it possible to prevent opening the encrypted grf that encrypted by GRF Editor with other grf editor (ie: grfbuild, etc), player can merge the file via merge folder or merge grf

Is there a full change log? 

Also, in the newer versions I can't seem to find the GAT Editor that I loved. :x

Changelogs can be found in the first page description (may not be updated though). This Gat Editor had no reason to be in a GRF editor so it's been removed.

is it possible to prevent opening the encrypted grf that encrypted by GRF Editor with other grf editor (ie: grfbuild, etc), player can merge the file via merge folder or merge grf

Encryption protects your files' content and nothing more. It could protect the GRF's file table, but then you wouldn't be able to update your GRF with patchers... unless you made a custom patcher!