Snaehild

FluxCP Remote Database

Question

Hi,

Is it really not possible to host FluxCP files remotely from the actual database and server files? I tried hosting my FluxCP in a separate webhost while my database together with my Hercules installation is on a VPS.

MySQL port is already open as well as the MySQL privileges are configured. Connecting via Workbench remotely is also possible.

Related source: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=259953&view=findpost&p=1422018

11 answers to this question

Hi,

Is it really not possible to host FluxCP files remotely from the actual database and server files? I tried hosting my FluxCP in a separate webhost while my database together with my Hercules installation is on a VPS.

MySQL port is already open as well as the MySQL privileges are configured. Connecting via Workbench remotely is also possible.

Related source: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=259953&view=findpost&p=1422018

It is possible to host FluxCP files remotely from server files. and you can have FluxCP database located at different server too.

just configure the FluxCP and show us the error, so we can help you out. Probably you haven't allowed access to remote connection from MySQL.

Error

An error occurred while trying to process your request.

Please try contacting an administrator: admin@localhost

I am already connecting to the mySQL server remotely through workbench.

Error

An error occurred while trying to process your request.

Please try contacting an administrator: admin@localhost

I am already connecting to the mySQL server remotely through workbench.

open config/error.php and

change this

$showExceptions = false; 

to

$showExceptions = true; 

Then show the error.

Thanks Dastgir. That made me figure out the problem. It has finally connected to mysql but Server Status shows my server as offline? Though it can pull up server info - Am I missing something? all IPs at inside config/servers.php has been changed already.

Thanks Dastgir. That made me figure out the problem. It has finally connected to mysql but Server Status shows my server as offline? Though it can pull up server info - Am I missing something? all IPs at inside config/servers.php has been changed already.

can you connect to server via client? If No, then your vps ports are not opened

If Yes, then webhost has disabled the outgoing connections to those ports, so contact the webhost,

Hi,

It is possible to host FluxCP files remotely from server files. and you can have FluxCP database located at different server too.

just configure the FluxCP and show us the error, so we can help you out. Probably you haven't allowed access to remote connection from MySQL.

hi can you help me about this error?

Error: PDOException

Message: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'167.114.100.72' (using password: YES)

File: /home/rogamin1/public_html/restrict/lib/Flux/Connection.php:81

Hi, Is it really not possible to host FluxCP files remotely from the actual database and server files? I tried hosting my FluxCP in a separate webhost while my database together with my Hercules installation is on a VPS.MySQL port is already open as well as the MySQL privileges are configured. Connecting via Workbench remotely is also possible. Related source: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=259953&view=findpost&p=1422018

It is possible to host FluxCP files remotely from server files. and you can have FluxCP database located at different server too. just configure the FluxCP and show us the error, so we can help you out. Probably you haven't allowed access to remote connection from MySQL.

Error: PDOExceptionMessage: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'167.114.100.72' (using password: YES)File: /home/rogamin1/public_html/restrict/lib/Flux/Connection.php:81

Access denied, that means wrong password is been used.

Hi, Is it really not possible to host FluxCP files remotely from the actual database and server files? I tried hosting my FluxCP in a separate webhost while my database together with my Hercules installation is on a VPS.MySQL port is already open as well as the MySQL privileges are configured. Connecting via Workbench remotely is also possible. Related source: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=259953&view=findpost&p=1422018

It is possible to host FluxCP files remotely from server files. and you can have FluxCP database located at different server too. just configure the FluxCP and show us the error, so we can help you out. Probably you haven't allowed access to remote connection from MySQL.

Error: PDOExceptionMessage: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'167.114.100.72' (using password: YES)File: /home/rogamin1/public_html/restrict/lib/Flux/Connection.php:81

Access denied, that means wrong password is been used.

using password: YES i input copy paste :D and double check 10x sir i think web host too no external connection? it can be sir?

Hello,

To help you get this work, go to main/config/application.php

then, edit

'RequireOwnership' => false

thanks i will try this :D