Sign in to follow this  
jasonkingmax

Important problem

If someone leave the party while the party take a quest but the quest hasn't been destroyed ,

the quest won't be destory even the timeout being achieved and can't take it anymore unless you delete the quest.sql by yourself.

can fix it?

That's happen to Eden Quest lvl 86 - 90 too.

if you already done any of those quest, and turn in, the quest will be in waiting state (waiting for 3 hours before it can be re-taken again).

And if you didn't re-take the quest again until reaching lvl 91 and up, those quest will stay in waiting quest (not removed from quest list)

try:

If you are a novice, and you applied job change to all guild, then finish only 1 quest, all the other quest was not deleted.

Same problem i think?

I think a system should be set up in source that nomatter what party or account char,

once the quest timeout has achieved ,the quest will be autoerase from the quest.sql or set to cooltime-achieved state if the quest has time limit.

And maybe can have a scriptcommand that can report how much cooltime time left?(time in seconds)

but how to make it works?

Edited by jasonkingmax

Sorry I don't fully understand ^^; how would guilds or parties have any effect on a quest log entry? Can you give me a step by step guide (with numbers) to re-create the bug?

Sorry I don't fully understand ^^; how would guilds or parties have any effect on a quest log entry? Can you give me a step by step guide (with numbers) to re-create the bug?

1.for example(BakonawaLake)

you take the quest(instance?) and you've been sent to the quest(instance?) map then talk to the npc and the monster now is spawned.

2.you leave the map immediately ,then you leave the party and create another party in cooltime.

I shorten the cooltime for convenience.    instance_set_timeout 20,20,.@instance;

so the cooltime is 20 seconds.

3. 20 seconds later,you talk to npc,npc still tell you that your cooltime has not achieved.

I've tried to re-create the party as the original name,npc still tell you the cooltime has not achieved.

p.s.my eng is pretty poor plz don't mind.

Edited by jasonkingmax

I think you're mistaken. The timeout of an instance is the amount of time that lasts on the instance before expiring, but the quest time (instance cooldowns are quests in this sense) is handled at the quest DB out there in the db folder...

I think you're mistaken. The timeout of an instance is the amount of time that lasts on the instance before expiring, but the quest time (instance cooldowns are quests in this sense) is handled at the quest DB out there in the db folder...

Thanks for answer my stupid question.
I want to dig a hole and put my head into it right now.
But what if I want to get how much cooltime left,how can I get it?
Edited by jasonkingmax

Not on my PC so my reply may be vague and/or inaccurate.

Look up the quest id, then use script commands much like checkquest I believe.