Olrox

[Showcase] Dream of a Buccaneer

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OlroxMaps

1. Concept

Hi :) I did some time to show some work I did :P I'm sure some people were wondering where I was? well, very busy xD but alive and healthy, which counts :D

lWoJkO7.png

The sketch. The idea was to create a recreational area for parties, inspired as a pirate area in the past, but reworked as a recreational area for parties, this map is going to be used as an event of an end-season of Summer of this server. The map has multiple areas like: a place for drinks, a dance area, an open beach area, volcano hot springs, bar, break water area, etc.

on0py1L.png

2. Features

New features on this map:

[*]I tried to focuss at small details. Thanks by a new way of working, I can invest more hours efficiently in a map from now.

[*]Effects were used to give the feeling of a party area.

[*]A huge volcano was created from scratch. Textures were made to simulate ash, and lights to make the crater. This volcano has some hotsprings were players can have fun

[*]Some crow nests are placed near the dance area, to allow Game Masters, to watch the entire fun at a high altitude.

3. Video *watch in HD 1080p*

Please I suggest you to watch the video. This map comes with animation or effects that you can't see on SS.

4. Screenshots

xTojrg4.jpg

evQ30yg.jpg

n3jUrvk.jpg

J6E58tg.jpg

5aWN90O.jpg

CFwOfqo.jpg

Lk33sII.jpg

LKaq4XB.jpg

WLREyP0.jpg

9a3VqX2.jpg

foC95uC.jpg

vSRnltL.jpg

Comments are always apreciated. Thank you in advance :D

Just another perfect thing from orlox :)

i can't say more.

Thank you!, btw does screenshots works for you? someone told me they dont appear o-o

the screen shots are not showing..

I think I fixed those :P

there are still pictures that cannot view, 6 of them. from last. :P

Try to update or clean your browser maybe I think, maybe old data is still there. Sorry about the problems

Edit!: my bad, is okay sorry :P I didnt remove the old SS links at the topic :)

Try to update or clean your browser maybe I think, maybe old data is still there. Sorry about the problems

Edit!: my bad, is okay sorry :P I didnt remove the old SS links at the topic :)

its working now.. :))

Why there is only one Olrox, i want my own :(

awesome job, i like the fireworks a lot. Reminds me of a question: Is it true the specialeffects on maps, large 3d opjects and whatever can cause long loading times?

I could never test that.. but still it makes no sense to me since it's loaded directly from the grf (common player qqing)

did you ever experience long loading times (except you play on a toaster)

Edited by Ridley

Why there is only one Olrox, i want my own :(

awesome job, i like the fireworks a lot. Reminds me of a question: Is it true the specialeffects on maps, large 3d opjects and whatever can cause long loading times?

I could never test that.. but still it makes no sense to me since it's loaded directly from the grf (common player qqing)

did you ever experience long loading times (except you play on a toaster)

Oh well, I pretty know about that :P I think from 2011 or 2012+ clients, there is a very present lag if you saturate your map with a high amount of models, or, a high amount of high polygonal models. Yea in loading time and camera rotation mostly as you said.

It is always good to keep an eye of the amount of models used and the amount of faces you use in low poly models. KRO by default has a very close camera, and this is the reason the issue I said is not present at some of their maps. Regarding the effects, there is lag only if you really spam a map with effects.