PunkBuster

Very messy console after updating

Question

Since the change that made script commands case-sensitive, I've gotten literally hundreds of smal warnings on the console, from my custom scripts, because several of them had small "mistakes" such as:

Next;

GOTO

Switch(Select())

and so on. Was this change REALLY necessary?

And the worst part is when the console won't shut up about how to properly type labels. Those messages are littering my console:

[Error]: script_add_str: detected possible use of wrong case in a script. Found 'L_nozeny', probably meant to be 'L_NoZeny' (in 'pathway.txt').

What's the point of this message? If I change it to the suggested model, sometimes it'll trigger other warnings on other scripts with similar labels, asking me to change them as well. Is it trying to force me into not using the same label on different scripts, even if it can't see labels on other scripts? Once again, what's the point of this change?

Can we make the case-sentive thing optional? Having to go over 200+ custom scripts is a pain in the ass.

4 answers to this question

Maybe commenting

#define ENABLE_CASE_CHECK

From src/map/script.h and recompiling can help.

but I highly insist to change the script to case sensitive in near future..

Hello,

that error

[Error]: script_add_str: detected possible use of wrong case in a script. Found 'L_nozeny', probably meant to be 'L_NoZeny' (

means that there's L_NoZeny in other script but it found L_nozeny in other one so it's think that L_NoZeny is the right syntax.

Hello,

that error

[Error]: script_add_str: detected possible use of wrong case in a script. Found 'L_nozeny', probably meant to be 'L_NoZeny' (

means that there's L_NoZeny in other script but it found L_nozeny in other one so it's think that L_NoZeny is the right syntax.

Those warnings need to go away, or at least they need to be silenced. There's no reason for the map-server to check labels across different files.

Took me over 6 hours to repair everything related to the case-sensitive thing on my server.

Edited by PunkBuster

Hello,

that error

Those warnings need to go away, or at least they need to be silenced. There's no reason for the map-server to check labels across different files.

Took me over 6 hours to repair everything related to the case-sensitive thing on my server.

If #define ENABLE_CASE_CHECK is enabled then yes it does need to check every label as they're case sensitive. If your label is NoZeny, but you're specifying goto nozeny; then it would not be able to correctly go to nozeny, as nozeny technically wouldn't exist. So your script would be broken / not working.

If you don't want to have case sensitive scripts (highly discouraged) then comment out #define ENABLE_CASE_CHECK in script.h. Otherwise, make sure your scripts are properly written and keeping in mind case sensitivity.