Sanasol

Monster loyalty mod

Have you ever wanted to be friends with aggressive monsters? Now its possible /oops

This mod adds little check for aggressive monsters, they will not attack you if you have certain status(char variable). But they will attack if you start first.

Source and demo script: GitHub

How to:
If you want set some monster loyal to character just set loyalty var to 1

For example:

set loya1785,1; // Where 1785 is monster id -> Atroce

in this case Atroce will ignore you until you start hit it.

Then you can back it to normal state by set 0

set loya1785,0; // Where 1785 is monster id -> Atroce

In this case atroce will attack you as usual

Oh? This is a pretty interesting src edit. I can see a few practical uses for this.

here many variants.

easy quest bypsasing when many aggressive monsters can kick your ass, easy mvp kill and other :)

And of course loyalty should be set only after doing some actions(quests). Something like Kill 10 players and Orc Warrior will be your friend :)

I had a similar idea and I'll suggest them to you, some game I used to play, for example there were some kinds of skeleton, lets say: skeleton1, skeleton2, skeleton3 and skeleton4, they were all aggressive, but when you killed a certain quantity of them, there were a bar called "friend of skeletons" (or something like that xD) and when it reaches 100% they would not be aggressive anymore, so all in all my suggestion is:

- add an option so we can add another value besides 1 (ex: so we can set it to 1000 and after variable was set to >= 1000 it would activate the script)

- add an option to set an array of monsters from the same kind (like kobolds etc) and a single variable would affect all ids in that variable

thanks for the source release and feel free to add or not my suggestions xD

I had a similar idea and I'll suggest them to you, some game I used to play, for example there were some kinds of skeleton, lets say: skeleton1, skeleton2, skeleton3 and skeleton4, they were all aggressive, but when you killed a certain quantity of them, there were a bar called "friend of skeletons" (or something like that xD) and when it reaches 100% they would not be aggressive anymore, so all in all my suggestion is:

- add an option so we can add another value besides 1 (ex: so we can set it to 1000 and after variable was set to >= 1000 it would activate the script)

- add an option to set an array of monsters from the same kind (like kobolds etc) and a single variable would affect all ids in that variable

1. I think this can be done by simple script

OnNPCKillEvent:if (killedrid == MOB ID && !loyaMOB ID){    if(killed_mobs_MOB ID < 100)    {        set killed_mobs_MOB ID,killed_mobs_MOB ID+1;    }    else    {        set loyaMOB ID,1;    }}end;

2. I will think about this, but it too depends on your script, how you will code it :P

also i want do one variable for all 'loyaltys', using bitmask.

OnNPCKillEvent:if (killedrid == MOB ID && !loyaMOB ID){    if(killed_mobs_MOB ID < 100)    {        set killed_mobs_MOB ID,killed_mobs_MOB ID+1;    }    else    {        set loyaMOB ID,1;    }}end;

2. I will think about this, but it too depends on your script, how you will code it :P

Good day Sir @@Sanasol

I know this is quite an old post of yours Sir.. but I must say that this is so nice.. I really hope that if you have your spare time that maybe you can improve this project of yours.

Let just say an idea that when you reach the acquired amount or value that Sir @evilpunker state.. then a Monster that you gain its Loyalty will truly help to fight other monster for you. . some kind of a Pet or Homunculus that helps fight in battle.

hehehe.. just a fun idea though..  :D 

May you have a great week wherever you are.

Good day Sir @@Sanasol

I know this is quite an old post of yours Sir.. but I must say that this is so nice.. I really hope that if you have your spare time that maybe you can improve this project of yours.

Let just say an idea that when you reach the acquired amount or value that Sir @evilpunker state.. then a Monster that you gain its Loyalty will truly help to fight other monster for you. . some kind of a Pet or Homunculus that helps fight in battle.

hehehe.. just a fun idea though..  :D

May you have a great week wherever you are.

It should be something like AI for homunc or mob AI on server, but homunc. mostly controlled by client.

So i dont know how it can be done.

@@Sanasol

yeah I've been thinking of it. . and it's quite impossible. . but I still hope that I would come to the point that my Server would have a 3rd Party creature that would attack and be attack by other monsters and players.. and players can attain its Loyalty, ofcourse by doing certain task.

heheh.. well, it's just an idea to make the server more fun and interactively.  ;)