LordRegent

Guide: Client creation for the clueless

Question

Download:

PATCH

After you download the full installer run the rsu-* patchers as admin.

• rsu-kro-rag-lite.exe
  • rsu-kro-renewal-lite.exe

DIFF

Take 2014-03-05bRagexe.exe and open it in Nemo.

• Click "Select Recommended" at the bottom
  • Custom Window Title
  • Read Data Folder First
  • Skip License Screen
  • Use Ragnarok Icon

Take a look at all the options and enable at your own risk.

MERGE

Take the Ragnarok Online ClientSide Translation's data folder, and merge + overwrite the v4 Basic Complete Renewal Data English's data folder. After you combine the two data folders copy the System and AI folders over.

Why do I have to merge two different data folders?

I don't know exactly. All my npc shop items were in Korean until I added the files from both sources. Maybe someone can offer some insight or suggestions.

clientinfo.xml

Create a clientinfo.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0"encoding="euc-kr" ?><clientinfo><servicetype>korea</servicetype><servertype>primary</servertype><connection><display>RO</display> <balloon>RO</balloon>    <desc>RO</desc>     <address>127.0.0.1</address>     <port>6900</port>     <version>45</version>     <langtype>0</langtype>     <registrationweb></registrationweb>     <aid>	<admin></admin>        	<yellow></yellow></aid>  </connection></clientinfo> 

Place the clientinfo.xml file in your data folder.

GRF

Open GRF Builder. Click New. Enter a .grf filename. Click Merge dir. Select your data folder. After your .grf is created add the filename to your DATA.INI.

DATA.INI

Create a DATA.INI file:

[Data]1={translations + clientinfo.xml}.grf2=rdata.grf3=data.grf

SETUP

Don't forget to add opensetup to your RO folder. Also make sure you copied over the System and AI folders from the v4 Basic Complete Renewal Data download.

DONE

Run your patched exe and enjoy! Try re-opening the file if it gives you an error the first time you execute it.

I'm sorry there are no images.

Having trouble?

Try downloading the ready made 2013-08-07aRagexe Full Client.rar from (https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hg3wqu9a1cc7w/ready%20made)

Completely lost?

Download a completely setup RO folder designed to work with localhost (https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9iUnTTFhVamRTNONGd3UHNpSUE&export=download)

TLDR;

Some newcomer figured out how to get a client working and wrote a guide.

Edited by LordRegent

0 answers to this question