Sign in to follow this  
Elith

Client wont recognize clientinfo.xml from GRF and other minor issues.

Question

Having issues with setting up a client for 2013-08-14,  I get failed to connect to server and even the server console wont output anything,  I'll try to give as much information as possible.  I'm sure the problem is really simple and i may be overlooking it.

My Clientinfo.xml

96a57b5f02.png

Heres my server console

ca9d916d26.jpg

aef80f8732.jpg

I diffed the client with only with the recommended settings.

ef4af1b7c6.png

Packet defined.

The only other thing I can think of Is that I didnt config my Char/map server correctly but I'm almost sure I did or else my Console wouldn't suggest the server is online.    I'm not connecting to localhost. 

3d5f3d7e77.png

The only thing that strikes me odd is the fact the login screen has an ID/password Prompt   I thought 2013 clients is where they dropped support for it?  I tried logging in with loki or Rolex but still no output to the server console.  I'm new to Hercules and RO server emulation in general so I'm not even sure if I entirely did this correctly.  I followed instructions based on the wiki. 

Edited by Elith

4 answers to this question

Try to check if your client reads  data folder first, if that is the case please delete the DATA folder, delete the clientinfo.xml in the data folder or patch ur client not to read data folder first. 

Check if its works

Strange, I know for sure the client wont read my GRF I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I used a premade package with my own clientinfo set to my wan IP instead of Lan IP.       I Re-diffed a new client and found that read data folder was not checked.   So I tried it in reverse and I actually got a error on my console now.   So this to me is a good sign.       It now connects past login but when you try to proceed to Character Select I'm prompted with failed to connect.     The console Reads  [info]: Closed connection from '10.0.0.8'.           I can only really assume it has something to do with my packet.   but I double checked they match.          Is there a way to tell what my Version number is suppose to be set to on clientinfo.xml.

Edit:    Oh I left some information out,  I'm under a static IP 10.0.0.8. 

Edited by Elith

Try to put your clientinfo.xml into data folder (not into grf). And check it

Also, check your firewall settings. Try:

telnet [your wan IP-address here] 6900 

From windows command line.

Thank you for mentioning that Milk, upon checking I found why my connection keeps getting refused on the port. even on a DMZ   This may be on my ISP's end or Avast Secruity is causing conflict.             The only other error I'm getting upon connecting to my server over local lan is an SQL DB error that occurs after creating a character.   I think the problem lies with me having a very old version of mySQL.