Sign in to follow this  
Kiel

Need help on setting up RO database

Question

Good day people,

so far everything is fine.. I was trying to set up an RO server for me to practice on.. before putting up my own private server on the near future.  :)

by the way I've registered on Rathena before.. but was not able to be an active member there.

"Time passed.."

a week ago or two. I've tried to visit Rathena and knowing that the server is forever down?

I did some research and I found out about "Hercules".  :D

so much for my intro. anyway..

I was done following the guide sir Ind "Obtaining Hercules"

http://herc.ws/board/topic/152-obtaining-hercules/?hl=obtaining

also

sir Judas "Latest KRO Installation & Small Client Package"

http://herc.ws/board/topic/38-latest-kro-installation-small-client-package/?hl=installation

I've read about setting up ( database, MySQL etc. )

so I need help about it.. hope someone could guide me through.. :ph34r:

I need a Guide about it, Links & Recommended software to download.

Thank you in advance!

May you have a great day.

Edited by Kiel

5 answers to this question

If you're going to try this on Windows and on a local enviroment only (definately not good for a production server), I'd suggest you start off with wamp, its a pack that installs mysql, apache,php and phpmyadmin.

With phpMyAdmin you can manage mysql databases slightly easy. At least easier then through the command line if this is your first time playing with them :)

Once you have phpMyAdmin (Shall you decide go this way), simply create a database (Its one of the first things that pops up on the main page), a user (and give him permissions on your new database), Go into your database, click import and import the sql-files/ files(Main.sql, log.sql mainly). 

Thats pretty much it. If you have any questions feel free to drop by!

hi, i  was start write specially for you guide, but later i stop to do that, because here a lot of them, but information not structured. I remember good bible made by Judas. Try to read it and follow step by stem, and i hope, you will create your own server.

http://supportmii.com/ro1/JudasBible.pdf

If you're going to try this on Windows and on a local enviroment only (definately not good for a production server), I'd suggest you start off with wamp, its a pack that installs mysql, apache,php and phpmyadmin.

With phpMyAdmin you can manage mysql databases slightly easy. At least easier then through the command line if this is your first time playing with them :)

Once you have phpMyAdmin (Shall you decide go this way), simply create a database (Its one of the first things that pops up on the main page), a user (and give him permissions on your new database), Go into your database, click import and import the sql-files/ files(Main.sql, log.sql mainly). 

Thats pretty much it. If you have any questions feel free to drop by!

Again, good day.. and thanks Pixel for the shared file, I think that guide is a bit old because some file names were changed to something else.. :mellow:     but still I find it useful and not that obsolete.

and thank you Xgear for the thoughts.. I think I prefer your way.. I had a little experience with phpMyAdmin lately.. during our basic web. prog. language class like html, css, php etc.. I just have to review and learn to use it.

I'll try to keep in touch with you then..

thank you very much! very kind of you both.

Keep it up guys!  :)

if it ever becomes obsolete, let me know, and I can refactor parts of the guide =D

Always want to try to help newcomers 

sir judas please reply to my message to you thank you