Kong

What do you think about the new Prontera?

Wow. Talk about a massive rehaul of textures, models, lighting, etc.. I can say that is now actually looks a lot BETTER than it previously did. It sorta now feels like that Prontera has been upgraded to sorta match other game's textures, etc. I don't know how to really explain it really... but it just feels well done and now matches the theme of the uprising of MMORPGs. 

1 map down, more to go ;)

I just see for the resources and it uses a lot of new objects, it may add a lot of charge to the client, but the new map looks so cool :)

I tried to test it but client crashes while loading the map. Would it be needed a recently client or maybe i'm using a wrong data?

I just see for the resources and it uses a lot of new objects, it may add a lot of charge to the client, but the new map looks so cool :)

I tried to test it but client crashes while loading the map. Would it be needed a recently client or maybe i'm using a wrong data?

uh i tried to use it,

but my client always crash

Maybe it requires a more recent client that's able to handle the new, revamped, style. Are you using 2014 clients?

>uh i tried to use it,

but my client always crash

Maybe it requires a more recent client that's able to handle the new, revamped, style. Are you using 2014 clients?

No, i'm using 2013-08-07aRagexe client. I read the last comments in the thread from iRO Wiki forums talking about using a new DX9 engine, but unimplemented from latest clients. I don't know about those newer functions, but I really would want to know more about it.

sooooo...

if the main server update their prontera, and it added to data.grf

then we use a client that don't support it, isn't gonna be a problem???

Heya, if anyone's interested, I made a GRF with the new prontera maps but with downgraded model files. Older clients will be able to load the maps just fine ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hcz6u9vl4vjhb4/newprontera.grf

Oh god you're so great. Thank you for this.

Edit: Everything works great, just prt_prison still won't load.

Edited by Nova

Heya, if anyone's interested, I made a GRF with the new prontera maps but with downgraded model files. Older clients will be able to load the maps just fine ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hcz6u9vl4vjhb4/newprontera.grf

great =D btw I'm getting this error, any idea?

---------------------------
ReadAnimatedEmitterInfoz
attempt to call a nil value

OK

great =D btw I'm getting this error, any idea?

ReadAnimatedEmitterInfoz

attempt to call a nil value

OK

Seems like a lua issue to me! You can either delete the luafiles folder in newprontera.grf or you can update your effect file here : https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/blob/master/Data/luafiles514/lua%20files/effecttool/effectfunc.lub

Did you manage to run the prison map? I'm guessing the map itself just isn't finished. And I want to thank you again for the GRF, I was able to implement it into my server thanks to you Tokeiburu:

ZBJC3wa.jpg

Edited by Nova

is the map the same but with different models? do I need to update my mapcache? any npcs miss positions lol?

They didn't even put any effort to make the walls in the surrounding fields look the same.

the Prontera gates have a different style depending on which side you are standing :P

as for the design, its a nice facelift.. but wont improve the ro game brand