Jguy

HAT - The Hercules Admin Tool!

Poke poke Mr.Jman :X

Yeah, I know. Things have been slow right now in development because I've been busy at work. I just pushed an update a few days ago regarding taking care of the running servers. I plan to start going through and finishing up a few things from past features now that I have a way to control the servers.

Hello all,

I've just finished a major update to CodeIgniter 3.0.0, which took quite a long time to get everything right.

The reasoning this update was pushed as soon as this was because of the licensing. I need to include some GPL'd code, and such code was not compatible with CodeIgniter's 2.2.x license. CodeIgniter 3.0.0's license was modified to use the MIT license, which means I can include GPL'd code in my control panel. I may just modify the license to GPL as well, but for now, work can continue.

Things to do in the near future include:

* Guild Emblem display.

* GM Command Entry

* Item/Mob DB modifications

* Configuration file management/editing

* Finishing up the guild module features.

If there's anything that you wish for me to work on ahead of time, please speak up in this topic. I will hopefully start making some "stable" releases of the panel while it's in Beta so folks know what is stable and what's not. I will also start to work on that demo I've been saying I'll put up.

Me too evilpunked, im currently using it.. but the problem is the log database (it should be the same as the main database) i hope there's an option for that.

Me too evilpunked, im currently using it.. but the problem is the log database (it should be the same as the main database) i hope there's an option for that.

The panel has the option for different main and log databases. It actually shouldn't be the same (at least not on large servers). Having a bunch of log data in the main database has the potential to slow down the main database.

You can use the same database for both main and log by setting both of those settings in hat.php to the same database group.

So,

in hat.php:

$config['ragnarok_servers'] = array(	'1'	=> array(		'main_database_group'		=> "ragnarok",			// The database group in database.php config file that holds this database connection info for all char/map databases (less logs)		'log_database_group'	=> "ragnarok",	// the database group that holds the log tables for this server.

and in database.php you only need one database group:

$db['ragnarok'] = array(	'dsn'	=> '',	'hostname' => 'localhost',	'username' => '',	'password' => '',	'database' => '',

I'm currently also working on a more in-depth user guide which should be coming in a near future commit.

Hi folks,

I had a server die on me at work, then I needed to re-work my home server because of some issues, and I've been out of town a lot for work.

I should be back into regular feature and fix commits here in the next few days. I should have a demo up by the end of the week hopefully. Reworking my server has given me an opportunity to get some more resources out of the server now.

Sorry for the delays.

Hi folks,

The long awaited demo is now available! You may access the demo in the following location:

URL: http://hatdemo.jemstuff.com

Username: admin

Password: admin

The demo is almost full features. The admin user is capable of most things, except for changing my username or its own group/email/permissions/user. I have hourly backups of the database running so if push comes to shove, I can restore from backup if things get too messed up.

This is running on a live Hercules server and I plan on building a small client you can use to connect to it, that way you can do things in game and see them reflected in the panel, or vise versa.

Have fun. :D

Should be fixed now. All new panel users are created as "disabled login". Forgot to enable.

Hi folks,

The long awaited demo is now available! You may access the demo in the following location:

URL: http://hatdemo.jemstuff.com

Username: admin

Password: admin

The demo is almost full features. The admin user is capable of most things, except for changing my username or its own group/email/permissions/user. I have hourly backups of the database running so if push comes to shove, I can restore from backup if things get too messed up.

This is running on a live Hercules server and I plan on building a small client you can use to connect to it, that way you can do things in game and see them reflected in the panel, or vise versa.

Have fun. :D

Haha Jman, seem like we both have some similarities once awhile ... I am also using a same template for some random stuffs of RO ...

Z38sBuP.png

EDIT 1:

back to topic, it seem that HercAdminTool are capable to edit/adjust the group ID and permission, is that custom source mod for server too ? updating in the HercAdminTool will also update the content inside the conf/group.conf ? or it only adjust the permission solely in the HercAdminTool ?

EDIT 2:

ops... seem like only for HercAdminTool xD  

@Emistry: It is planned to have the panel interface with the files of Hercules as much as possible. I hope to get a system up and running where the files are read and you are able to make an account into only a group that exists on the server, afterall, if a user tries to connect with an invalid group to Hercules, they will be rejected. It's all on the bucket list.

I hope to do this with at least most of the conf files and the cash shop files as well.

Yeah, I've been seeing that error sometimes too. It's still residual left over craps from the CodeIgniter upgrade I did last commit that completely changed the session class on me. I've tried something in the database and then cleared out all active sessions. Try again now.

Perhaps its because there's a ton of people trying to login to the same user? I just turned off session IP matching, see if that helps any.

ThAthena-1432150239-U1.png

What page were you trying to access? What's the OS? PHP version? Apache version? An error without explanation as to what you were trying to do or your environment doesn't really help me at all.

To all:

I know I haven't worked on this for about 2 weeks. I'm currently in the midst of finding a new place to live, tomorrow is the date I'll get the keys, so after another week or two, I should be back into the swing of things like I once was.

Hi all.

quick update. Home ownership is going well, I'm in the process of moving in and bouncing between my new place and parents house. Internet is scheduled to be installed June 6th, this upcoming Saturday. I suspect the week after internet is installed I might be able to push a few updates more regularly as I had been.

Thank you for your patience. :)