Sign in to follow this  
Alphoccio

Need help. Getting Started

Question

Good day All,

First, thanks for checking out this topic. it means a lot to me.  :)

Anyways.. I've been planning to put up my own server and I think now is the right time to acquire knowledge in building it.

To begin with I followed this guide of Sir @Patskie http://herc.ws/board/topic/968-guide-how-to-setup-hercules/

it seems everything is okay.. then I got this problem.. everything is Highlighted in RED for convenience purpose.

I guess I mess up in Patskie's instruction #20.

-> Visual Studio 2010 C++ compilation is shown also below.

PROBLEM:
- ( login-server.exe, map-server.exe, char-server.exe was not found. Make sure, that you have compiled . . . )

post-8615-0-20869800-1423193234_thumb.png

Hope you can help me please.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Alphoccio

8 answers to this question

for the client you can visit Here

* i recommend that you use full 20131223 by oissis

-LINK

for the full data folder visit Here

* it includes clientinfo,xml

just post your problem and we'll try to solve it :heh:

is it a fresh copy from https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules?

try to remove the 4 plug-in and then right click the Solution 'Hercules-10' then build.

@Cannabis

Ok Sir I did it.. but same problem occurs..  :wacko:

anyway we have Home Wireless Router but this PC is the only connected to it via LAN Cable.. 192.168.0.1 probably its default address.

is it going to be a problem in the CONF FILES configuration?

and yes it's a fresh copy... maybe I'll try to re-download and back to procedure number one... if it cannot be solve.  :lol:

you compile on debug mode change debug mode on release then compile again

Good day Naori,

I'm glad you message.. I followed your Instruction.. and I think I'm so near in solving the problem.

maybe I'm having a problem in MySQL Workbench now.. I'm not so sure regarding about this "root, root password" thingy..  :huh:

Command Prompt says:

: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' <using password: YES>

etc. . .

below is my Latest Screenshot. please see attached file..

post-8615-0-23331700-1423357762_thumb.png

and MySQL Workbench Latest Screenshot.

I did some Step 1 and 2 regarding Workbench "root password" configuration but the Outcome is the same.  :mellow:

post-8615-0-16944700-1423360654_thumb.png

please help people.   :p_conf:

// Global SQL settings// overridden by local settings when the hostname is defined there// (currently only the login-server reads/obeys these settings)sql.db_hostname: Your IPsql.db_port: 3306sql.db_username: Workbench Usernamesql.db_password: Workbench Passwordsql.db_database: Database "Main.sql" Namesql.codepage:// MySQL Character SQL serverchar_server_ip: Your IPchar_server_port: 3306char_server_id: Workbench Usernamechar_server_pw: Workbench Passwordchar_server_db: Database "Main.sql" Name// MySQL Map SQL Servermap_server_ip: Your IPmap_server_port: 3306map_server_id: Workbench Usernamemap_server_pw: Workbench Passwordmap_server_db: Database "Main.sql" Name// MySQL Log SQL Databaselog_db_ip: Your IPlog_db_port: 3306log_db_id: Workbench Usernamelog_db_pw: Workbench Passwordlog_db_db: Database "Logs.sql" Namelog_codepage:log_login_db: loginlog

check your inter-server.conf and make sure you import your main.sql and logs.sql

Edited by Naori

// Global SQL settings// overridden by local settings when the hostname is defined there// (currently only the login-server reads/obeys these settings)sql.db_hostname: Your IPsql.db_port: 3306sql.db_username: Workbench Usernamesql.db_password: Workbench Passwordsql.db_database: Database "Main.sql" Namesql.codepage:// MySQL Character SQL serverchar_server_ip: Your IPchar_server_port: 3306char_server_id: Workbench Usernamechar_server_pw: Workbench Passwordchar_server_db: Database "Main.sql" Name// MySQL Map SQL Servermap_server_ip: Your IPmap_server_port: 3306map_server_id: Workbench Usernamemap_server_pw: Workbench Passwordmap_server_db: Database "Main.sql" Name// MySQL Log SQL Databaselog_db_ip: Your IPlog_db_port: 3306log_db_id: Workbench Usernamelog_db_pw: Workbench Passwordlog_db_db: Database "Logs.sql" Namelog_codepage:log_login_db: loginlog

check your inter-server.conf and make sure you import your main.sql and logs.sql

Good evening here.. Hello there Naori,

Finally the problem is solved.. thank you very much for the inputs, time and effort that you have shared.  :lol:

By the way.. what I did is I re-check all those 3 CONF FILES.. specially the password.

Then I search for the MySQL Workbench password because I don't remember a thing of setting up a password of it.

So I dig deeper about the Configuration of MySQL Workbench.. and found it under "Users and Privileges" there I re-set-up a password.  :ic:

Anyway Naori I've read that after this I need some ( "data folders, hercules.exe, Edit clientinfo.xml as needed.. etc. etc." )  :p_conf:

What I have so far are Latest KRO and Hercules Files.

Hope you can give me a hand and point me to the right Links.

again Thank you Naori...  :thx:

for the client you can visit Here

* i recommend that you use full 20131223 by oissis

-LINK

for the full data folder visit Here

* it includes clientinfo,xml

just post your problem and we'll try to solve it :heh:

just wanna say  :thx:

Edited by Alphoccio