Sign in to follow this  
Waken

I can't change the icon (Exe 2013-08-07aRagexe)

Question

Hello community, i will change the icon of my exe, i used the Reshack program and i have seen two ways for change the icon in another posts from hercules/rathena, "after diff the client and... before diff", i tested the two ways and is not working...

1646d1.jpg

Appears that error when i open the exe. Only when i change the icon before or after.

xpalbk.jpg

Sorry my system is spanish  -_-

I use this icon pack :
http://herc.ws/board/topic/5637-s1-lykos-icon-pack/?hl=%2Bicon+%2Bpack

My question Is it possible to change the icon from the executable?

Edited by Wingel

10 answers to this question

Like i have mentioned in the patch. the icon file should contain one image of 32x32 size  & 8bpp depth. the patch simply replaces the existing icon image with the one from the icon and Gravity apparently likes to keep almost everything in the 8bit depth.

Anakid's icon pack are all 32 bit icons which is why it did not work.

N.B. To make 32 bit icons work is a headache hence i chose not to go through that path (atleast not for now).

I don't see this option in my NEMO, this is probably because i don't have the last NEMO?
If is that... where i can get the last NEMO?

I got this error with that icon pack :/

nyww1s.jpg

I will test with others icons...

Try this if you still got error

attachicon.gif30 Ragnarok Icon.rar

Thanks for share this ^^

Like i have mentioned in the patch. the icon file should contain one image of 32x32 size  & 8bpp depth. the patch simply replaces the existing icon image with the one from the icon and Gravity apparently likes to keep almost everything in the 8bit depth.

Anakid's icon pack are all 32 bit icons which is why it did not work.

N.B. To make 32 bit icons work is a headache hence i chose not to go through that path (atleast not for now).

Thanks for the answer,

But... then this Icon Pack is not working with any client?

Sorry for the necro-reply...

For those who did not notice, NEMO Patcher looks for a 256-color (8-bit color) icon that can be in 16x16 size and/or 32x32 pixels. Anyone can create their own via Photoshop, provided that it has to be indexed (either exact or Windows/Mac 256 colors).

I tried all icons that are 32-bit (True Color) color icons (which are converted from PNG to ICO converter sites online), and NEMO does not recognize it. It has to be an 8-bit Color (256 colors) icon. An icon can be compiled not just in 32x32 size, but it can come along with 16x16 and 32x32.

The function of the 16x16 is it is the one feasible and seen when you see the game window icon.

Edited by RicoTrooper