grobyczen

Teleport Crystals and moving Slots

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=184

File Name: Teleport Crystals and moving Slots

File Submitter: grobyczen

File Submitted: 25 Feb 2015

File Category: Sprites & Palettes

Hi, after ~a year and a half of learning from this wonderfull community I'm finally able to contribute something I'm kind of proud of.

I want to share some sprites I'm using for a private server. This is my first contribution to this community, and also my first attempt at spriting and acting. First thing is a mod of the official slot machine sprite, only this one is animated with a move of the lever. (Maybe later I will animate the reels, when I have some free time).

21lopit.jpg

Next is a couple of sprites I use as part of custom teleport system. I'm not so sure of my scripting abilities, so I decided to share only the sprites and not the full teleport system. The blue sprite is a Town Crystal that teleports you to other crystal you've visited in Towns and Dungeons. The sprite and act contain the front and back views (I only showed the front here). The signs on the central piece of the crystal are suposed to mean this is ancient technology. On the left I show the "inactivated" Crystal, on theright I show the "activated" version. Each one has it's own spr and act files.

i20klv.jpg8wcb3k.jpg

Finally, the Dungeon Crystal that teleports you only from dungeons to Towns. This one isn't animated because I wanted to show it as less 'powerful' than the Town counterpart, think of the Town Crystal as the real power source, and the Dungeon Crystal as only a raw relay. The ouroborous symbol is supposed to make you think of the cyclic nature of the teleport system. The other small sign in the back of the crystal is just a symbol to reflect a supposed ancient origin of the crystal. There's also a less shinny version which reresent the inactivated crystal (not shown here).

2n691ko_th.jpg ::: 25t85zb_th.jpg

Anyway, about the sources: I honestly don't remember exactly from what game I got the source images, all I know is I got the sprite sheet from The Spriters Resource.

So that's all. I hope you like this and find it useful. Nothing would make me happier than contributing back to this wonderfull community.

C'you all soon.

PS. Any constructive criticism is wellcome, I'm still learning the basics of spriting, so any technique, tool, or style recomendations will be very helpfull, more so if they come with examples.

Click here to download this file

Amazing...

Especially for sharing it... Thanks~

I just wondering.. how big is the Teleport Stone NPC in game..

because of the screen shot told me, it was huge..

Edited by exneval

Amazing...

Especially for sharing it... Thanks~

I just wondering.. how big is the Teleport Stone NPC in game..

because of the screen shot told me, it was huge..

Yeah, it's huge, 250x250 pixels. Haven't tried a small version, but it shouldn't be hard to make it on Act Editor.