Sign in to follow this  
ToiletMaster

Aegis?

Hi there everyone!

Today I'd just like to inquire about what is actually Aegis? 

I believe it's another engine? or could i be wrong? Would someone kindly explain this? as googling din't manage to get me much assistance on this information.

Thanks!

Aegis is the emulator which is used by Official RO Servers(kRO,iRO,etc..),i.e Official Emulator made by GRAVITY. There are frequent leaks of aegis(Official Server).

Edited by dastgirpojee

Aegis is the emulator which is used by Official RO Servers(kRO,iRO,etc..),i.e Official Emulator made by GRAVITY. There are frequent leaks of aegis(Official Server).

FYI - Aegis is NOT an emulator. It is the OFFICIAL software. AFAIK there hasn't been a public leak of Aegis fully available to the public in a few years. You also need Windows and a Microsoft SQL server to run it. While rAthena/Herc run on 256MB of RAM or less being idle, Aegis usually consumes 2-3x that being idle.

While rAthena/Herc run on 256MB of RAM or less being idle, Aegis usually consumes 2-3x that being idle.

2-3x .. that is just sad  :mellow:

While rAthena/Herc run on 256MB of RAM or less being idle, Aegis usually consumes 2-3x that being idle.

2-3x .. that is just sad  :mellow:

Then just wait for Ind's commit, wich will cut in half that 256 MB mark and you'll see that's more sad.

AFAIK there hasn't been a public leak of Aegis fully available to the public in a few years.

http://forum.asb-sakray.net/index.php?showtopic=37609

although i am against aegis files being public, they should be kept private and shared with devs privately

gravity shouldnt know we have them :(

Is there a way I could get aegis files? Like latest episode?

No.

Sorry if that's harsh, but the fact of the matter is that those who have access to AEGIS files are those that are in a trusted group of people who know not to share publicly.

I used to get a lot of those... kinda unnecessary for anyone outside of the dev groups (so long as the dev groups are making use of them). The only (main) reason someone out side of that group would want them is to make money with them instead of sharing them.