Ragnarok Online Launcher eXecutable (R.O.L.eX)

Info:
I started learning C# + .net and I thought why not create a client launcher and "kill 2 birds with 1 stone

and here is the result.I chose the name cuz well who doesn't like rolexes  :P

Screenshots:

Default Look
snap1rolex.jpg

With BG

snap2rolex.jpg

Features:

1) Configurable Window Title & Background (I am also planning to make buttons also configurable in future)
2) Settings button - invokes setup.exe (the file name is configurable within the ini file)
3) Register button - you can specify the website for registration in the ini file
4) Once you press Login Button (or press Enter) the Launcher minimizes to the background
  and rises back if the Client gets closed (Useful especially when you press cancel button during initial screens)
5) Starts updater before you log in to ensure RO folder is updated (can be turned off from ini file). Filename of the updater as well as
  Minimum No of days (default is 1) before next update can also be specified. - Credits to Shakto for the idea

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7l4sq249k3zo4zo

EDIT:
Second version built for .NET 2.0 using WinForms - aka "Lazy Version"

(I still believe its far better to go for .NET 4.0 - you can include the installer for .NET along with your client installer when you provide it to players).

Screenshots:
Default Look:
snap2rolex_LQ.jpg

With BG Image:

snap1rolex_LQ.jpg

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmhsqa5gp6adiwv/R.O.L.eX_LQ.zip

Let me know if you have any suggestions or face any issues with either version  :) (Flicker appearing in the LQ version cannot be avoided).

EDIT 2:
Planned Updates:
1) Skinnable Buttons & Customizable Button Locations.
2) Editable Names for Buttons + Labels.
3) Inbuilt Official & Private GRF Patcher.

EDIT 3:

Discontinued Further Updates since many are too lazy to get .NET 4 or their OS don't support it.

Edited by NeoMind

ya actually i have been thinking of combining it with a client patcher. But i need to know how the current patchers work first :P

Edited by MStream

sir is it for 64 bit only?

i am using 32bit

Im using windows XP, maybe theres a .net framework required for this

yeah try to install .NET

yes it requires .NET framework 4 (guess i should have written that down). I initially started using WinForms but the background rendering had some flicker when you tried to resize/move plus some other graphic blunders were coming up so i switched to WPF.

yes it requires .NET framework 4 (guess i should have written that down). I initially started using WinForms but the background rendering had some flicker when you tried to resize/move plus some other graphic blunders were coming up so i switched to WPF.

lol, so ex this program will be used as my ragnarok server launcher then my players have to install .NET framework 1st right?

if yes then that's another problem for server owners guiding their lazzzzzyyyyy players running their server... :P

XP should have .Net 2.0 installed by default let me see if i can compile it for that. Alternatively you could add a .net installer when you provide the client to players  :D

EDIT: Nope you need .NET 4.0 - I will try to make an interface in WinForms and see if it works. :ph34r:

Edited by MStream

XP should have .Net 2.0 installed by default let me see if i can compile it for that. Alternatively you could add a .net installer when you provide the client to players  :D

EDIT: Nope you need .NET 4.0 - I will try to make an interface in WinForms and see if it works. :ph34r:

that would be good sir

@Shakto I made it with the default framework (4.5) but that might have issues with WinXP. Dot NET4.0 is supported by WinXP SP3 so I will switch to that and recompile.

No prob, i've another suggestion, can you add to the launcher the code of rsu-kro-rag-lite.exe, ppl will have to have their RO folder up to date, that'll be awesome !

OK i have updated the link in the first post. Interesting idea about the updater will work on that one.

I have updated the link with the recent build .

Feature added as Shakto Requested

- Launches the updater first (filename can be configured in ini) if the latest update was x days before (x is 1 by default or set in the ini file) if enabled (set in ini file).

I am also working on creating an alternate version for the "lazy ones" which uses .NET 2.0 (the default in XP) although it might not end up looking the same way as this one.

I am also considering a name change to the whole project (Ironically Rolex isn't as catchy as i initially thought :D).

I do have a different name in mind but suggestions are welcome. 

- Maybe a string and button editor? Just for translation purposes ~

- A version of your launcher without the title bar (for example for dynamic launchers, eg: a launcher with a transparent shaped background)

Edited by Igniz