buttletbuttlet

[map server error] skill_lv > 0 in function 'unknown'

Question

QmfhXk8.png

Hey all, I'll make this short and sweet. I'm a novice server host trying to make a little private server for a group of friends. I've had my share of problems getting this far but as I type this my server is up and running. I'm able to connect and play. Everything seems to be working great! I'm level 7. I just happened to alt tab and see this in my map server window. Is it serious? Is there a fix?

Thank you!

-Buttlet

7 answers to this question

http://herc.ws/board/tracker/issue-8672-map-server-error/?view=findpost&p=25256&fromsearch=1

Its implemented in recent commit, and this should be fixed if its not custom skill

@@Haru explained it in the bug report(the above link)

If you have more info about how to reproduce this error, please kindly share.

Thanks for the reply! I read that post, I'm glad that it's a benign error, I'll do what I can to help fix it. I am using the latest (I think) commit. I downloaded it a few hours ago. I didn't edit anything to be custom. I did change the mmo.h to be my client version as well as the _conf files to have the correct IP, and I used a link in these forums to download the client I'm using. 2013-12-23_Ragexe_Full_Client.zip. I can't seem to find the thread I got it from anymore but that's the file name. I know this message floods my server every time I just use basic auto attacks. Even if I'm at a distance and haven't taken any swings yet, as long as I have selected the enemy it starts to flood this error. That's the only info I can offer. If anything else comes to mind I'll add it here.

It should be fixed for the most part now now. If you find any more of those errors, please let me know.

Hello again! After seeing your post, Haru, I updated the skill.c file to the current commit. The auto attacks no longer trigger the --- failed assertion --- error. However, Magnum Break does. Maybe more, I haven't tried other skills yet. Funny enough the error only triggers if magnum break hits things. I used magnum break with nothing around me for fun, then when it hit targets later it triggered:

[Error]: --- failed assertion ----------------

[Error]: c:rotrunksrcmapskill.c:179: 'skill_lv > 0 in function 'unknown'

[Error]: --- end failed assertion -----------

Edited by buttletbuttlet

hi, i got some error like this too.. everytime i use my char skill....how do i fixed it ?? anyone know ??

im try using few char and use they skill.. but its always show this error in my offline server

post-13495-0-48724000-1486993839_thumb.png

hi, i got some error like this too.. everytime i use my char skill....how do i fixed it ?? anyone know ??

im try using few char and use they skill.. but its always show this error in my offline server

please specify which skill

everytime im using any skill.... like teleport, mamonite, double strafe and othwers....

im using Hercules Github 17732 Renewal for server and 2014-10-22bRagexe for my client. everything work fine.. but it show an error while im using skill from my char... i have try to fixed it but cant find anything... can you help me with this ??