Elith

Some custom drops don't register some do?

Question

Having an issue with some custom drops that don't seem to be registering for example  "Hyukes Black Cat Ears","Chick Hat" and many other custom drops I have set to drop off a monster at very low chance. however it does not seem to matter how many times I save and recompile. The server does not seem to want to read the mob_db/item_db changes I have made.    

Some items get added perfectly fine. for example I have ifrit ears dropping off ifrit and when I do a @mobinfo on him  the item is infact there.  I checked many more items but it seems a few items just cant be added to the drop tables.

I am using SDE to do my DB edits, and am set to pre-renewal.  What determines if a monster can drop an item?

Also an extra question if thats okay,  does @reloadmobdb/@reloaditemdb  effectively let me test to see if its working without recompile or does the server have to be recompiled to see changes made to the drops.

4 answers to this question

You have set it to very low chance, so its good that it doesn't drop at 1st kill :P

Higher the drop rate to test if it really drops, then lower it to your rate.

I just think its due to low rate of drops.

@reloadmobdb is effective..

my drop chances are fine for items,  I'm having issues modifying the database to add custom drops.  Some items wont register or update.

That is the command I have been using to check.   I went ahead and made a copy of my db folder and just deleted the old one when I was finished and replaced it.   The new drops are working now and adding in new things worked three times in a row so I found a solution to my problem!

@Dast   Thank you for letting me know that @reloadmobdb works!!!!! :D

Edited by Elith