Sign in to follow this  
Nagad

Sounds settings

Question

Hi

I got a problem: when I modifiy the sounds settings ingame, if I change map they automatically switch back as they were before (using the OpenSetup value instead).

So I found this: https://rathena.org/...ly/#entry231918 where Sktolex says to modify this: data/luafiles514/lua files/optioninfo/optioninfo_f.lub to solve the problem.

Do you think should I do that? Will this trick solve my issue or it will break something else?

23 answers to this question

That is not the correct way to solve it. Actually OpenSetup should tell you upon saving settings, what is wrong with your settings files, see the opensetup.log file. If it tells you, that you are missing OptionInfo.lub in your RO System folder, you can get it here.

Hi Ai4rei! :) I do not have any opensetup.log file and I got all the files in the System folder:

6sBOd33.jpg

However I noticed that this happens just with the BGM level, effects is ok :) 

Edited by Nagad

Do you...

- have a OptionInfo.lub file in your savedata folder?

- have a OptionInfo.lua file in your savedata folder with a read-only attribute set?

Edited by Ai4rei

In my savedata folder I have only the OptionInfo.lua (without the read-only attribute)

I tried to put OptionInfo.lub and even to modify OptionInfo.lua as "read only" but nothing changed + when I close the game there is an error about the client that can not modify it (because is read only)

Edited by Nagad

Undo the changes, as these were error conditions. If they do not apply to you, then it was already OK.

Can you post a screen-shot of your RO folder?

Undo the changes, as these were error conditions. If they do not apply to you, then it was already OK.

Can you post a screen-shot of your RO folder?

Sure!

7Ltw6ct.jpg

(data folder is empty actually)

I'm using:

Client: 2014-04-16a

Open Setup version: 2.11.5.396

System folder fresh downloaded from: https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation/tree/master/System

savedata folder original from kRO Full Client 2014-08-22 (updated with RO Patcher Lite 2.4.7.657)

I did more testing, finally everything is more clear now:

Modifying the audio settings with RO Open Setup, I noticed that it modifies the OptionInfo.lua file (the one in the savedata folder) only, it doesn't touch the System folder at all. Values are saved correctly (BGM and Effect).

Then I opened the game, everything was fine. So RO Open Setup is doing his job properly. 

Then I changed the BGM / Effect volumes ingame and I closed the game. Checking the OptionInfo.lua again, only the Effect volume was correctly saved, the BGM was still exactly like before I opened the game.

So the Client is using the same file to write/read the user settings (OptionInfo.lua file in the savedata folder), but it is unable to write the BGM volume value.

I have no idea how to fix this, even with a workaround...

Edited by Nagad

Make a backup of your client and try the following patch:

F: 790233C08981E40000008B491C85C97408R: 790233C08981E00000008B491C85C97408
Edited by Ai4rei

Tried without success :(

I want to let you know that I really appreciate your help Ai4rei, specially because the problem is not your software

Try this instead then:

F: 8B82E00000005068R: 8B82E40000005068
Edited by Ai4rei

This fix is working only when the volume that I choose ingame is lower than the one chosen on RO Open Setup.

For example, if the Open Setup BGM volume is 80:

1) When I modify the BGM volume ingame putting it at max and I re-open the game, it is back to 80.

2) If ingame I choose a volume level lower than 80, when I re-open the game is correctly saved.

EDIT:

Doing more testing, I noticed that sometimes the BGM volume is saved to a random value with this fix o.O

And sometimes the RO Open Setup reads it properly, sometimes it doesn't match the (random) value.

EDIT 2:

I noticed that this happens only when I modify the Effect volume!

Edited by Nagad

The random value is the current fade-volume of the bgm; as you close the client, the BGM fades out asynchronously, and depending on when the saving kicks in, it uses that value (that's the last fix about).

Though since E0h is indeed BGM volume and E4h fade-volume, and E8h effect-volume, it's interesting that SFX affect BGM with this patch.

Could you look, if HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareGravityRagnarok or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareGravityRenewSetup is somehow affected with and without the last patch?

Edited by Ai4rei

I'm also having the same problem.

I have tested almost all versions of hexed 2013/2014 and all possible diffs.

"Compare Items" ALT + E not save also.

OptionInfoList["bWarningPriceCheck"]

Can anyone give a help?

@edit

My version is 2014-02-05.

You know remove 'compare items'?
Edited by system05