Sign in to follow this  
Keru

Invalid menu selection on npc (after warp)

Question

I'm trying to warp a player to a special position on the map, after the warp, the conversation with the npc should go on.

But there is an error after this short script:

FishPond,63,46,6	script	WarpTest	555,{	mes "I Will warp you!";	warp "FishPond",64,42;	mes "So what happens here?";	select("Something");     //Here seems to be the problem	mes "And now?";	close;}

After i choose the "Something" in the select, i get the message now logging out.

In the map server appears the following warning message:

Invalid menu selection on npc 110074997:'WarpTest' - got 1, valid range is [1..0] (player AID: X,CID:X, name:'Keru')!

Do i have to reattach some ids to the script again or something like that?

16 answers to this question

The issue is the reload of the npc after a warp, a possible workaround is this:

FishPond, 63, 46, 6	script	WarpTest	555,{	mes "I Will warp you!";	close2;	charTeleported = 1;	warp "FishPond", 64, 42;	end;		OnPCLoadMapEvent:		if(  !charTeleported ) end;		charTeleported = 0;		mes "So what happens here?";		 switch(select("Something:Something else")) {			case 1:				mes "And now?";				close;			break;							case 2:				mes "Menu option 2";				close;			break;		}	end;		OnInit:		setmapflag  "FishPond", mf_loadevent;	end;}
Edited by Winterfox

Try this.

FishPond,63,46,6	script	WarpTest    555	,{    mes "I Will warp you!";    close2;    warp "FishPond",64,42;    mes "So what happens here?";    switch(select("Something:Something else")) { //Here seems to be the problemcase 1: //Option 1, which is Something    mes "And now?";    close;case 2: //Option 2, which is Something else   mes "Menu option 2";close;end;}}
Edited by Aeromesi

Did you test it in-game? it should be working by all means. options have cases (labels) so everything should work Ill test it on my server really quick o.O

Yes I have tested it, i'll even copy pasted your script to prevent errors.

Edit: The screenshot is after i choose something in the menu

post-7209-0-47555200-1437775229_thumb.png

Edited by Keru

This issue by design. After warp server forgot any npc related things.

Probably need change this. Need talk with other devs. Reset happend in clif_parse_LoadEndAck.

Or better some one create bug on github bug tracker?

why not just use a addtimer or sleep2 here ?

just delay the execution of next script/command .... so that it will prompt out the message after they warped to the map...

Curious @@4144 could the removal of this check possibly interfere with other things? Maybe reloading the npc after a warp is mandatory for certain things, or will cause other bugs? Maybe that's why it was coded in eAthena? Not sure but it's just a thought.

addtimer can make player reattached again

e.g.

prontera,154,173,5	script	testtestest02	100,{	mes "I Will warp you!";        addtimer 1000, strnpcinfo(0)+"::OnReattach";	warp "prt_fild08",169,186;OnReattach:        	mes "So what happens here?";	select("Something");	mes "And now?";	close;}
Edited by Angelmelody