Sign in to follow this  
Nagad

Little problem with Interface buttons positioning

Question

Hey Guys :)

I modified the battle/booking/navigation/rec/quest buttons in magenta 1x1 pixel buttons, but now I have this problem:

juGjwvl.jpg

As you can see, the "Bank" button is a little bit out of position because (I guess) there are all the 1x1 pixel buttons in the middle between the option button.

Any idea how to fix that??

ps: I do NOT want to diff my exe (I already now how to do that but I want to keep it "pure", that's why I modified the buttons) 

Edited by Nagad

10 answers to this question

u hid 4 buttons by changing their width & height to 1 pixel so it makes sense the last button would show 4 blank pixels to its left.
Unless you can find a way to completely empty an image and make the client accept it, i don't think you can fix it without hexing

Edited by Neo

@@Winterfox I do not think so but can you make one for me so I can try to see if something changes??

@@Neo True, but maybe there is a way to solve this, like sorting them somehow putting "Bank" before the others, I do not know :(

Edited by Nagad

well all the button images as well as the coordinates are ordered in the client itself, so again changing it comes down to hexing :P

:(

Do you know which rows do I have to edit?? I found and old topic about 2012 exe:

https://rathena.org/board/topic/71122-2012-client-translation/page-6#entry146419

but following it I get errors after the character selection (missing images), because I use 2014-04-16aRagexe.exe found here: https://github.com/ThemonChan/2014-Ragexe-Client

Edited by Nagad

@@zackdreaver Yeah I was thinking to do exactly the same thing, I think is the best solution actually...

I'm a bit reluctant to do that because in this way I can not use my users as "testers" ahahahaha because they will never notice any error message again, so they will not report possible problems/bugs that I missed during the testing phase.

Anyway, I think sometimes we can not have everything we want, right? I will find a compromise between all the possible solutions proposed by you guys :)

Edited by Nagad

well all the button images as well as the coordinates are ordered in the client itself, so again changing it comes down to hexing :P

any chance to make a patch where we can multi-select interface buttons that we would like to hide? :P