Sign in to follow this  
Froggy

[Showcase] Melancholy

So, aside from being a potato law enforcer, I also host events as a GM. Since I find events through commands mainstream, I decided to create my own event maps.

This is a simple event maze I made for some server. I am expecting "no brains" or "you lack ideas" type of criticisms. LMAO

This is the assembly area. Players will go down the stairs, walk, take a U-turn, and head to the portal which will lead them to the maze start. The NPC over there is the control for the portal. A GM will talk to the NPC to start the event(make the portal to the maze appear).

aydC4j3.jpg

This is the maze start. *geez, no other design?*

R3HMKKe.jpg

Somewhere around the maze. If I am not mistaken because I did not really care about how big the maze is, the maze alone could be the same size as Geffen.

DoKUze8.jpg

The end.

WVaj3Kg.jpg

This is the reward room.

HrIV10L.jpg

Cheers!

Do you have zoomed out photos of the map? It just looks sorta like a "race" map more or less... xD But nevertheless, it looks good o-O. 

Hmm. Idea is nice, but the thing is... Are you sure that after finding a way through the maze once people won't lose interest as it won't change?

NVcO4yv.png

Uhm, there you go. It is nothing but a maze map; not a town, not a dungeon with monsters, nor a map with quest(s).

Nice. Love it  :D

PS: If I were to use this, maybe I'll be hosting a big event which I will call "Runner of the Month". Got that from the movie "Maze Runner". XD

Edited by Aurora

Hmm. Idea is nice, but the thing is... Are you sure that after finding a way through the maze once people won't lose interest as it won't change?

i agree on this.

maybe you can add some maze runner twist where the walls will move and the way to exit changes everytime the event starts

The map has been and will be used only once so the loss of interest will never be an issue. INB4, I just spent several hours on a map that will be immediately disposed after use. LOL

where the walls will move and the way to exit changes everytime the event starts

Walls cannot "move" since maps are not done through scripts; .rsw, .gnd, and .gat files cannot have timers. Portals can be added to dead ends, though.

Edited by Froggy

i agree on this.

maybe you can add some maze runner twist where the walls will move and the way to exit changes everytime the event starts

Pretty much what Froggy Said, maps cannot move.  They are stationary, the only thing y ou can do is add different areas where portals are.  

As for disposing the map after 1 use, I think if you use it little enough that players wont remember righto ff the top of their heads where the exit is.  Just a thought, i'd hate to see this map only be used once.

Why dispose it after one use? You could make the portal to leave the map be placed randomly on every event start. You also could warp the people on a random start position on every event too.

Edited by Winterfox

As another option you can create some kind of "hazards" on the map via script+effect that'd prevent some routes along with changing warp positions. Or even make some new routes via editing gat between and setting it same height as the actual walking part. That way you can setcell those parts and make them some kind of invisible (visible with, per instance, LP cell effect) bridge to change routes.

For instance, closing route on red and creating "bridge" on green part will already change the maze right path drastically.

29gk9ll.jpg

Edited by Garr

Before the event was held, me and the developer thought of adding warps to all dead ends but that takes too much time. I am fine with disposing the map after use since I have a lot of event map ideas in my head anyway. I might just sell this map to those who are interested and let them do whatever they want to it.

Before the event was held, me and the developer thought of adding warps to all dead ends but that takes too much time. I am fine with disposing the map after use since I have a lot of event map ideas in my head anyway. I might just sell this map to those who are interested and let them do whatever they want to it.

This is a good idea too