Alayne

Unable to load maps

Question

Hi guys,

I've a problem on my server / client. We've added lots of maps, and a certain amount of them aren't loadable. Dunno why, the client doesn't crash, there's no gravity, but the client load to 100% and then...Simply freeze. nothing more, nothing less, the client stop answering.

I really don't know how to look / search for that problem.

Does anybody have an idea?

9 answers to this question

got it loaded in 2014-02-05bRagexe client, i got the missing files browsing it on the web, the maps when nuts at first see black area and after reading on some post regarding brow edit, i re-saving the map on browedit rev586,

2qu3hop.png

2j68gfn.png

Hi guys,

I've a problem on my server / client. We've added lots of maps, and a certain amount of them aren't loadable. Dunno why, the client doesn't crash, there's no gravity, but the client load to 100% and then...Simply freeze. nothing more, nothing less, the client stop answering.

I really don't know how to look / search for that problem.

Does anybody have an idea?

Make sure that the maps are compiled on map_cache.dat. Check your map-server if the added maps are loaded. Make sure you add the maps file on your data folder.

firstly take a look at the map server when it loading the maps, if it not loaded when it should that will be notice or warning xx map removed, something like that message in the map server screen console

2ndly, check the maps.conf, map_index.txt containt the not loaded map and make sure you have added the not loaded map in map_chace.dat

3rdly, check the not loaded map file if it was corrupted

if you have done step above and still getting error, you can upload your not loaded map file here and try asking the help again, from my experience when it loaded 100% but got freezed it likely your client been patched to ignore missing file, may be the model or texture of the not loaded map is missing CMIIW

Edited by Litro

firstly take a look at the map server when it loading the maps, if it not loaded when it should that will be notice or warning xx map removed, something like that message in the map server screen console

2ndly, check the maps.conf, map_index.txt containt the not loaded map and make sure you have added the not loaded map in map_chace.dat

3rdly, check the not loaded map file if it was corrupted

if you have done step above and still getting error, you can upload your not loaded map file here and try asking the help again, from my experience when it loaded 100% but got freezed it likely your client been patched to ignore missing file, may be the model or texture of the not loaded map is missing CMIIW

Hello again...

SO here's all I've made, without success:

-Remake the mapcache

-Checked the Maps.conf and map_index.txt (both good)

-Get the original file, to be sure it's not corrupted, and add it into data folder

-Rebuild the files in browedit, to be sure they're not corrupted, and add it into data folder

-Add the file in my grf, to be sure it's not a data folder reading error

All that, without any success...

So I'm a bit out of idea...

Here's a link to one of the maps that cause me problems.

There's others, with problem to load some resources which are already in the data or grf too...

But let's start with this one...

https://mega.nz/#!ZsgVVDQT!frSo29_NMf54zfI920ZySNOaLPajVd0CQ4Y_GeiUYWw

Hope you'll find an idea with that...I don't have any more...

Yep, that's the pb I got since my last modifications (adding some texture and updating some grf).

But I don't know where these models (cause that's models, isn't it?) can be found...Got to update my data and rdata to be sure, but I don't understand why it works with older client, and not our more recent one....

Yep, that's the pb I got since my last modifications (adding some texture and updating some grf).

But I don't know where these models (cause that's models, isn't it?) can be found...Got to update my data and rdata to be sure, but I don't understand why it works with older client, and not our more recent one....

Checked via my GRF, that model @@Litro told is no where in data.grf /rdata.grf

so there's some probablity

either mapper have made custom model, or used some other official server models, which kRO don't have.

I must be cursed...BrowEdit crashes when I open the map...Can you send me the files you found in pm? So I can check that? (or explain me how you've managed to search with those char x) )

Allright guys, solved the problem for this map! Finally.

I've managed to get the name of the missing model and found them somewhere on the internet so, that's ok now.

Got to get 2 more maps to work that freeze, but thanks anyway!

Maybe one of you can try to use these maps, and tell me if you got a problem too?

https://mega.nz/#!0p5RzaDS!uvBZ-ZQ2HIrTeT6SNaGvQ4WEr_TSY8s4edSbqKagwIw

Thanks by advance

Edit: Actually, I've handled the cs_lb map. Only the ars_fild11 remaining, and I know it's also a model pb! Log in cmd when executing brow:

Error: [20:29:15] cRsmModel: Could not open 'c:program filesgravityrodatamo
dela1┐▄║╬╝ÊÃ░└»└¹02.rsm'

But I can't find this one...

Edit2: nevermind, got it working ^^

Thanks all!
Edited by Alayne