Haru

Mob DB file structure overhaul

I would have preferred that we possibly can choose the type of database to be used rather than force us to use a single method.

This method is a real headache for those who edit hundreds of monsters too often for MOD servers.

Edited by Triedge

I would have preferred that we possibly can choose the type of database to be used rather than force us to use a single method.

This method is a real headache for those who edit hundreds of monsters too often for MOD servers.

It's better than .txt in terms of everything, like reading time, readability, etc..

Also is lot easier for adding custom mobs, since you don't have to count field to know which one does what....

We have no plan to include dual support, only this format will be supported as of now..

@@Triedge,  You can read first post, haru give instruction how to convert mob_db old format to new one, you still can make dozen mob and convert it easily

Just Go to http://haru.ws/hercu...mobdbconverter/ and paste (or upload) your mob_db2.txt (or even your mob_db.txt if you have custom entries there), pick between renewal or pre-renewal (or upload your item_db if it's customized), press the Convert button, wait a few seconds and you're done! It's already converted for you. Easy, isn't it?

I leave the RO scene for a few months, and I (half-way) come back to seeing this being added. I like these changes. And to think I was going to code it and submit a pull request of it once I finished. Now I dont have to. Yay Hercules.

What if I was using SQL mob databases?

Well, you're out of luck. It was deprecated long ago and it's being removed. It'll stay available for website/control panel purposes though. An automated converter (much like the db2sql plugin for the item db) will be available soon, and even executed automatically whenever we update the mob db, to keep the sql counterpart in sync!

:(

1.  Thank you all for this changes happened

And hoping for skilldb change too

2.  Was hoping there be skill_avail_db and configurable skill src from

that file too without compiling

Edited by utofaery