raPalooza~

[WIP] Modern Housing (using instances)

Modern Housing

Instace House

The housing system will somehow award players with furnitures decorations, so they can arrange it as they want and then show their house to the word!

More in depth:
When opening the instance the party leader loads the Char_id into the housing database table, where it contains all the furniture custom npc id/placement/ifplaced information linked to his Char_id.
through scripting, copied npcs inside the instance map (1@hous,0,0,4 duplicate(Furniture) Furniture#0 HIDDEN_NPC1) are moved, rotated and "disguised" based on information of the housing database.

I'm also creating a second Database table that holds all the global information of furniture (names,npc_id,price?,rarity,...)

The reward part still a mistery, i'm thinking of a function that would insert the furniture into the database ;] and that function could be set on usables, questboards, equips? ;]

Progression:
 House Map                                                   100%

Furniture Loading                                       100%

Furniture Control                                            0%

Furniture Reward                                            0%

Furniture Spriting                                        (currently using ones from Habbo Hotel game)
Instance Control                                          70%

A screenshot of the current state:

6sPkByP.jpg

A little video of how development is going

Problems :[
- No easy way(found) of controling where you want your furniture to be.
- As they are custom_npcs there's an annoying problem of mousovering, imagine a house full of furniture you would keep clicking the npc and not the cell to move( even with
end;) ;[
- The sprites that i ripped borrowed from Habbo are only the from view, so a table with chairs arround would not be possible (yet?)

Hope to hear some good ideas to improve the project, and also a little help if someone is interested!
Let's go housing! :*

Edited by raPalooza~

hmm, I announced that exactly system in my server a month ago, and seeing your npc chat name, I can tell you are Brazilian too, and I don't believe it's just a coincidence, but ok. Well, this is why I'm not more giving news to my players about my server, many people are copying what I'm announce before I launch the server. Anyway, good look with the. The map it's more nice than mine after all

Edited by Zell

You can't be the only one @@Zell, I've actually thought about this idea also using Instances =P

The system is exactly what I show in my board. If he isn't Brazilian I wouldn't say nothing. But, anyway, I don't care about this, my system is more complete anyway and finished, so whatever, I wished good luck for him too

Great thing, I was too thinking of something like this, but I was too occupied with something else..

@@Aeromesi
Yeah! The Sims inspired me a lot! Ragnarok always used the side cuts on the walls but i went "the sims mode" on creating an outside for it, so we may get outside decorations as well ;] (farming minigame?)

@@Zell
Sup man, we are all developers here... I'm brazilian indeed , eae tranquilo?, good that you have the system already! I've been on the "creation" part of ragnarok for a while, not playing anymore, so I'm sure it's a coincidence. Maybe a happy one... :wacko: 

@Topic
Pointing fingers and beeing cocky is a bad way of starting any conversation on any topic, as you all must know.

@Update
Planning on working with @@Dastgir for a free release!The kraken

@PTBR

Bem, se foi uma coincidência como disse, tudo bem. Por mais que seja uma baita, leia o tópico com meu sistema e entenda o meu motivo http://board.rotakusociety.com/index.php?/topic/25-3108-sistema-de-casas/#entry159

Foi bastante coincidência, tem que admitir, certo?

Desculpe se lhe acusei, mas é que todo sistema que eu anuncio em meu servidor alguém começa a fazer por "coincidência" exatamente igual alguns dias depois, tanto que nem anúncio mais nada por causa disso.

Meu problema nunca foi alguém copiar um sistema pro servidor pessoal dele, é de distribuir pra todos,,fazendo com que o sistema não tenha mais nada de exclusivo, mas se você diz que foi coincidência, então estou de boa. Foi bom que até vou reformular algumas coisas hoje a noite pra deixar o sistema melhor pra não ficarem achando que não fiz o meu.

@ENG

Well, if it was a coincidence as you said , all right. Read the topic with my system and understand my Reason http://board.rotakusociety.com/index.php?/topic/25-3108-sistema-de-casas/#entry159

It was quite a coincidence , have to admit , right?

Sorry if I accused you, but is that any system that I announce my server in someone starts making by "coincidence" just like a few days later, so that not notice anything because of it.

My problem was never anyone copy a system for personal server. It is to distribute to all, causing the system has not anything unique, but if you say it was a just a coincidence, so I'm good with you, after all you are free to script and release whatever you want. It was good that I'm going to rework some things tonight to make my system better and unique than this.

It was quite a coincidence , have to admit , right
Edited by Zell

Several other games limit the amount of furniture you can have to at most 10-20 pieces, eliminating the mouseover issue if one has tons of furniture.

Or, you can just not have user movable furniture, and instead have 20 different house designs that users can choose from, and a way for admins to make more is to just modify the script, therefore keeping it fresh between house owners.

Users should be able to purchase a vast number of different upgrades....such as:

* A refiner that will allow refining equipment inside the house for a slightly lower failure rate.

* A shop that sells some potions and other things to aid in questing for slightly cheaper than if you went to Prontera to grab them.

* A storage NPC that perhaps allows you to access your storage

* A heal/buff NPC if the server already doesn't have one to buff you for some zeny.

* A way to "work" in your house (just by idling). The longer you idle, you gain some XP/JP bonuses to use while questing.

* Storage chests inside your house for a little extra storage

* An NPC that will grant you special potions or bonuses or just items for talking to them X number of times per day as a chance thing. Talk to them enough, the chances of getting rewarded is higher.

maybe use your character and atcommands to position

That's what i am thinking , like stay at position you want npc, type some command, and choose npc name.

That's what i am thinking , like stay at position you want npc, type some command, and choose npc name.

house,0,0,5	script	BED	422,{ query_sql(QUERY TO GET THE PLAYER ID WHO IS THE OWNER ,.@leader );if(.@leader!=getcharid(0)){message strcharinfo(0),"- I can't use this object.";end;} if(@H_BED==1){switch(select("- Leave Object")){case 1:set @H_BED,0;	getmapxy(.@mapname$,.@mapx,.@mapy,0);query_sql( UPDATE NEW X AND Y FROM BED );}end;} switch(select("Move Object")){ case 1:break;} set @H_BED,1;npcspeed 10;	do {	getmapxy(.@mapname$,.@mapx,.@mapy,0);		sleep2 100;	getmapxy(.@mapname2$,.@map2x,.@map2y,0);	if(.@mapx==.@map2x && .@map2y==.@mapy){	npcstop;	}else{	npcwalkto  .@mapx-1,.@mapy;	}	} while (@H_BED == 1 && .@mapname2$==.@mapname$);	end;} end;}
Edited by Zell

house,0,0,5	script	BED	422,{ query_sql(QUERY TO GET THE PLAYER ID WHO IS THE OWNER ,.@leader );if(.@leader!=getcharid(0)){message strcharinfo(0),"- I can't use this object.";end;} if(@H_BED==1){switch(select("- Leave Object")){case 1:set @H_BED,0;	getmapxy(.@mapname$,.@mapx,.@mapy,0);query_sql( UPDATE NEW X AND Y FROM BED );}end;} switch(select("Move Object")){ case 1:break;} set @H_BED,1;npcspeed 10;	do {	getmapxy(.@mapname$,.@mapx,.@mapy,0);		sleep2 100;	getmapxy(.@mapname2$,.@map2x,.@map2y,0);	if(.@mapx==.@map2x && .@map2y==.@mapy){	npcstop;	}else{	npcwalkto  .@mapx-1,.@mapy;	}	} while (@H_BED == 1 && .@mapname2$==.@mapname$);	end;} end;}

we have the system already ready, we are just discussing npc benefits. :)

we have the system already ready, we are just discussing npc benefits. :)

I'm just giving another way to move npcs like you are talking, its better than use @commands

I quoted you:

Edited by Zell

if it was used by high rate server it will be hard to suggest but the low ~ mid rate server will open more benefits option,

How about this

Bed: if the user use bed in time of rest of real life time he will get base or job exp or both ? the formula it for you to decide

Library: the user can collect and reading guide of maybe custom potion ? *readbook <book id>,<page>;

litte addition from Jman post http://herc.ws/board/topic/10915-wip-modern-housing-using-instances/#entry64406

* A shop that sells some potions and other things to aid in questing for slightly cheaper than if you went to Prontera to grab them. Addition: Sell random item from listed item and in random amount using the NST_MARKET trader type

* A heal/buff NPC if the server already doesn't have one to buff you for some zeny. Addition: Read Kitchen or Stove~

* An NPC that will grant you special potions or bonuses or just items for talking to them X number of times per day as a chance thing. Talk
to them enough, the chances of getting rewarded is higher. Addition: it was house keeper isn't it ? Alice will be prefered house keper and make her walk around the house and talk some time if you know harvest mooon make her like that if the house owner give her item that was coocked in the house the love bar will growth

Kitchen or Stove: You can make an item that can be used ass buff but to use it you have to give it to npc buffer after it was given to buffer npc he will give you a buff from the item you give in pre-defined amount of time, to begin cooking the house owner must have the receipt in the library